Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
More Songs About Buildings and Food

Is an incredible record. Found A Job might just be my favorite Talking Heads song ever... After the good but not great 77, I think this is their first truly breathtaking effort. The Good Thing and The Big Country are also stellar tracks that really stick out for me.

Any other thoughts on this great album of the Talking Heads in general?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
My favorite song about a building would probably have to be Hotel California.
As far as food songs, there are too many to mention;
Cherry Pie by Warrant, 30,000 Pounds Of Bananas by Harry Chapin, Tangerine by Zepplin, Big Cheese by Nirvana, Starfish & Coffee by Prince, Cake & Sodomy by Marilyn Manson, the list goes on & on......
Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 PM
specifically the Talking Heads record "More Songs About Buildings and Food"

Or any Talking Heads, really. I just love this band so fucking much.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
This album is one of the few of theirs I don't own. Fear of Music is my favorite out of the crop I have. Fear of Music and Remain in Light, but particularly Fear of Music, seem like the darker or maybe more downbeat of their albums. From a band that sticks out so much from the landscape, that album seems to stick out the most.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Fear of Music and RIL are two incredible records... Cities is such a great song.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Wait Whaaaat?

You don't think '77 is awesome? I'm not saying it's their absolute best (their first three albums all have a special place in my heart), but I fucking love this album. Is this a common sentiment amongst the talking heads fans? I'm 31 and I don't think any of my friends are big enough fans to have an in-depth conversation about how the albums stack up against each other.