Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
The Diablo 3 bit was such garbage at the show. The make a big deal about Blizz coming back to consles only for it to be Diablo 3 (which no one really cares about anymore). Not only that but it will also be released on the PS3 so the reasoning behind Blizz even being at the show makes no sense all they showed was an already released game that runs on existing systems.

WoW.

P.S. Square Enix's bit is a very close second.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 AM
SE showed a demo we already saw 8 or so months ago. Blizzard's announcement was huge for some people. LEt's not forget that Diablo 3 was biggest PC release of like a past decade. Many console players want to play it badly (I'm not among them). Also, showing support for PS3 is good news.

And I think it's just a beginning of relationship with Sony (maybe Microsoft as well, we'll see)/ Diablo 3 is just a welcoming gift, there's much more to come.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrown View Post
SE showed a demo we already saw 8 or so months ago. Blizzard's announcement was huge for some people. LEt's not forget that Diablo 3 was biggest PC release of like a past decade. Many console players want to play it badly (I'm not among them). Also, showing support for PS3 is good news.

And I think it's just a beginning of relationship with Sony (maybe Microsoft as well, we'll see)/ Diablo 3 is just a welcoming gift, there's much more to come.
No doubt but they made a bit of a bigger deal then necessary about bringing a already released game that for some didn't live up to what Diablo 3 should have been. Its great that its coming to consoles but the need for some Blizz exec to come up on stage and hype up the 'mystery' some more only for it to be Diablo 3.

Also the only reason was such a big PC seller casue it wasn't cross platform. Pretty much everything aside from RTS's are cross platform these days and the consoles have over taken PC in pretty much every genre over the past couple years.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
That's true. But as we seen on this conference they treated everything like it's way more important than it is. Four guys form Bungie get on the stage just to say one sentence, guys from SE showing old tech demo and saying that they're making another FF game. Not a very big deal but they made a show out of it. That's the sad reality of this industry. They have nothing to say or show and need to treat every piece of news like it's an revolution.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Article: Tretton: PS4 game prices range from $.99 to $60

PlayStation 4 game prices will run the gamut from one dollar to sixty, SCEA CEO Jack Tretton has revealed. "We're going to welcome free-to-play models, games from $.99 up to those $60 games," Tretton revealed in a CNBC interview.

Tretton also responded to the fact that we didn't actually get to see the PS4 during the unveiling event earlier this week, even though Sony told us all about the innards. Tretton says it was more important for Sony to show the concepts behind the system than to make a big deal out of the hardware itself – excluding the DualShock 4, obviously.

"You're going to see some of the greatest games ever created and the consumer is going to have more ease of use, the ability to sample games before they buy them and have more breadth of games than they've ever seen before," Tretton said of the PlayStation 4 during the segment. He also clarified that while Holiday 2013 is the official launch window for the PS4, "the promise is out for Holiday 2013, so pre-Christmas."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/22/tr...+%28Joystiq%29
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 AM
I wonder if the console is just as big as the original PS3 which is why they're not so excited to show it? Or perhaps they're waiting for Microsoft to unveil their hardware first, so they can save something for E3.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
I wonder if the console is just as big as the original PS3 which is why they're not so excited to show it? Or perhaps they're waiting for Microsoft to unveil their hardware first, so they can save something for E3.
According to separate comments made to Polygon and Kotaku, Sony wants to have something to reveal about the console at a later date. Because of that, the company decided to not show the console at yesterday's event, though company executives said they could have.

Shuhei Yoshida, president of Worldwide Studios at Sony Computer Entertainment, told Polygon just that and added that the company is still trying to decide whether or not to show the physical console at this year's E3 event in June.

"The console is just a box," he said. "The controller was very important to show because it has the share button, but the console is just a console."

Yoshida echoed that statement in some separate comments made to Kotaku, saying his company had originally planned on showing the console at the event but decided not to after discussions on what it was comfortable revealing. Instead, he said, the company felt like showing the controller was necessary because of the actual game demonstrations taking place at the event.

"And we were like, 'Yeah, we have to show the controller,' because it's awkward not to show the controller when someone is doing a demo," he told the gaming site. "And also the feature that the DualShock 4 has, the share button, is a very key idea behind the design of the PS4. ... We really wanted to explain what we've done with the DualShock 4, but as far as the system itself we have to keep something new for later. Otherwise you'd get bored."

http://www.neowin.net/news/sony-clar...tion-4-console
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM
I am more of a 360 gamer (though I own a PS3 as well) and I have to say that Microsoft had better bring their "A" game when they show their next system because as of right now I am leaning towards the purchase of a PS4 though the controller is still craptastic
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM
All PlayStation 4 Games Will be Available as Digital Downloads

While games will still be available on Blu-ray discs for the PlayStation 4, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida tells The Guardian that all titles will be available as digital downloads as well.

"PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc," he said, adding that "The Witness will be a digital release and because of the flexibility of the digital distribution scheme, we can have more small games that might be free or available for a couple of dollars, or different services like free-to-play or subscription models."

Yoshida also commented on the fact that Sony has been criticized for not actually showing the PlayStation 4 at the announcement event (watch in full HERE). "We have not finalised the hardware yet and decided not to try to get it finished in time," he explained. "Also, it's a long time from February to launch, we have to design our communication in phases. Our focus here was to show some games and talk about the key principles – we wanted to save the unveiling of the actual console."

In a separate interview with IGN, Yoshida said that all the 12 Sony-owned studios are working on PlayStation 4 games. They asked, “Is it fair to say that all of the first party studios are working on PS4 games?” Yoshida’s answer was: “Is it fair or not fair? It is fair to say.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=100854

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-27-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
article: PS4 Launching in “At Least” One Country at the End of 2013

Sony's big PS4 announcement event claimed the machine will see a launch at the end of 2013. But where? Here? Japan? Somewhere in Europe? Even Sony doesn't seem to know the answer to that one yet.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Sony's European gaming MD Fergal Gara said: "We will launch it this year. Exactly what regions, what timing, is being worked through. Which regions in 2013 - is it all of them, is it some of them? Is there some degree of phasing? We'll reveal that in more detail later, but we can't yet."

He then went on to say that PS4 should launch in "at least" one country. Which is more than zero countries and technically could be as many as two countries or infinite countries. We, and probably he, just don't have a clue yet.

We suspect the boring eventual answer will be that PlayStation4 will hit US first, Japan second then Europe some time in early 2014, should Sony decide to copy the launch of the PS3. Not that you'd really want to emulate the dismal launch of the PS3 in any way, mind. [Digital Spy via Ars Technica]

http://kotaku.com/5986940/ps4-launch...f-2013?tag=ps4
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Germany report: First title for the PS4 now preorder

Translated:

The announcement of the PlayStation 4 is only back for a few days, but already can be the first next-gen title that will be published in the course of the year, pre-order. The games appear not only on Blu-ray Disc, but at the same time as a download. As Jim Ryan recently stated , has a pure download console at the current time would make no sense. Besides the presentation of the Sony PS4 and the specifications and some third and first party developers have unveiled the first games for the new generation of consoles, one of which can be pre-order now two. First, there is the action RPG "Diablo 3" and the second is "Destiny" - the new shooter from the house of Bungie.

When the console and the new DualShock can be pre-ordered 4 controller is not yet known. An exact release date is also not yet clear. News is expected to have a release of the PS4 for Christmas 2013, but that date will be met also for Europe, is still uncertain. We will keep you up to date in this regard. For the PlayStation 4 Amazon already has an established landing page , on the announced titles are to be found. There already "Fifa 14" is listed for the PS4.

PlayStation 4 games:

Diablo 3 - € 79.99
Destiny - € 79.99

http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-ne...-vorbestellbar
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Translated:

The announcement of the PlayStation 4 is only back for a few days, but already can be the first next-gen title that will be published in the course of the year, pre-order. The games appear not only on Blu-ray Disc, but at the same time as a download. As Jim Ryan recently stated , has a pure download console at the current time would make no sense. Besides the presentation of the Sony PS4 and the specifications and some third and first party developers have unveiled the first games for the new generation of consoles, one of which can be pre-order now two. First, there is the action RPG "Diablo 3" and the second is "Destiny" - the new shooter from the house of Bungie.

When the console and the new DualShock can be pre-ordered 4 controller is not yet known. An exact release date is also not yet clear. News is expected to have a release of the PS4 for Christmas 2013, but that date will be met also for Europe, is still uncertain. We will keep you up to date in this regard. For the PlayStation 4 Amazon already has an established landing page , on the announced titles are to be found. There already "Fifa 14" is listed for the PS4.

PlayStation 4 games:

Diablo 3 - € 79.99
Destiny - € 79.99

http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-ne...-vorbestellbar
Wait a second..... are you tying to tell me that games for the PS4 will be more then $100? Are you shitting me?

You could barely get away with that for Destiny but for Diablo 3? Paying more then $100 for a port that is on the ending gen and not even designed for consoles (in terms of things like controls)?

These ppl are fucking insane!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Wait a second..... are you tying to tell me that games for the PS4 will be more then $100? Are you shitting me?

You could barely get away with that for Destiny but for Diablo 3? Paying more then $100 for a port that is on the ending gen and not even designed for consoles (in terms of things like controls)?

These ppl are fucking insane!
I'm under the impression that the preorders being listed are special edition copies, not the regular edition. It completely contradicts Sony's statement of games ranging from $.99 to $60.00.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
I'm under the impression that the preorders being listed are special edition copies, not the regular edition. It completely contradicts Sony's statement of games ranging from $.99 to $60.00.
I believe that thoses might be the equivalence to "Collector's Editions" in the USA

FYI: DESTINY has reportedly been delayed [to 2014] due to the release of MODERN WARFARE 4 [in November 2013]. If the game IS NOT delayed. The expected release date is OCTOBER 6TH,2013
SOURCE

Who are the "FALLEN"," WARLOCK","TITAN","RACER" and 'HUNTER"?

btw this was posted on Bungie.net front page:
Bungie Blog
The Tru7th. The Whole Tru7th.

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-27-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
The segment that I post was from A GERMAN WEBSITE. THE PREORDER LINKS WERE FOR GERMANY.

FYI: DESTINY has reportedly been delayed [to 2014] due to the release of MODERN WARFARE 4 [in November 2013] .
So are you saying that is not 79.99 eros? That was what i used for the conversion to dollars as that was the symbol next to the price.

Or are you saying that its normal for Germany to pay almost 40% more for a game then the ppl in North America?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
I believe that thoses might be the equivalence to "Collector's Editions" in the USA

FYI: DESTINY has reportedly been delayed [to 2014] due to the release of MODERN WARFARE 4 [in November 2013] .
well i hope its an Collectors edition price. Diablo 3 still doesn't seem worth it though.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 AM
I was reading that PS4 can stream games through a cloud. What Sony should do is set up a Netflix-like service and stream their PS1 & PS2 games. I would buy a PS4 and pay for that service in a heartbeat.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
I was reading that PS4 can stream games through a cloud. What Sony should do is set up a Netflix-like service and stream their PS1 & PS2 games. I would buy a PS4 and pay for that service in a heartbeat.
Well the idea they seem to be selling is that you can watch your friends playing their games live at any time. So depending on how well the transfer of existing PSN content (stuff like the PS1/2 Classics) you could possibly watch a friend play. If this were to take off and get popular i could see things like Twitch Tv coming to the PS4 or them starting their own gameplay streaming site.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
The PlayStation 4 interface [aka Dashboard]

Sony has dispersed images of the PlayStation 4 interface, which it originally presented at last week's reveal of the latest console. The screens show the interface on televisions and tablets.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/th...n-4-interface/
http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/28/s...-screen-shots/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ps4interface.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	11506   Click image for larger version

Name:	playstation_4201302_27_13008.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	11507  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-28-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Looks more streamlined and simple--I like. If I could pick one major problem from the PS3's inventory, I would say its PSP interface was a mess.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Anything would be better then the current PSN store layout. That shit is horrible.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan either - I preferred the layout that came before this current one.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
Yeah, I'm not a fan either - I preferred the layout that came before this current one.
You mean this?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Nah he means this

Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
The ONLY THING i like about the current inferstructure of the PS3 store is: The ability to Search Product.

I watched the video of the PS4 meeting [in awesome 1080p] for the 3rd time and the thing that gets me is the portion that talks about how u can play a just purchased game WHILE ITS DOWNLOADING.

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-02-2013 at 07:42 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Sony 4K movie service will work with PS4, require 100GB-plus downloads

Sony is still being secretive about its forthcoming "world's first" 4K movie download service, but it sounds like it will eventually work with the equally-mysterious PS4. That's the word according to Sony Electronics President and COO Phil Molyneux, who said "I promise you will not be disappointed" when asked if the service would support his company's new console. That certainly makes sense, and it lines up with previous reports that the PS4 would support 4K photos and video, but not games.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/28/40...plus-downloads
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4k.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	11527  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-03-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
rumor: Sony to ship 16 million units for PS4 launch say sources

The Digi Times is reporting that Sony will have 16 million consoles ready for the launch of the PS4.

According to the site's sources, which stem from the PS4 component makers, internally, Sony expects the machine's annual shipments to reach 16 million units in 2013 with the supply chain expected to start mass shipments in August.

It's also claimed that Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and Pegatron Technology have just begun the processes of requesting for quotation for the related components. It's expected that the components will ship in August, giving Sony time to get the machines in stores for 'Holiday 2013.'

http://www.shopto.net/news/42120/Son...medium=twitter
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Bullshit
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Is This the PS4 ? Sony Teases Announcement from Studio Ovosonico

Sony has published a strange teaser image on its Facebook page: a shiny, dark red, egg-shaped thing with a circle and two lines on the front. The description is “It's coming...”, though Sony offers no further explanation as to what it is or when it'll arrive. Naturally, a lot of the comments talk about the PS4, with guesses that a reveal of the actual hardware design or release date will come on Easter (thus the egg). But some people have put a little more thought into their responses, and seem to have cracked (ha ha ha) it.

A couple of days ago, Sony announced a partnership with an Italian indie studio called Ovosonico. In some languages, “ovo” means egg (think of the word “ovaries”), but you don't even need to know that to suggest this red egg has something to do with the studio, since its logo is pretty similar to the teaser (albeit black, and with the circle in a slightly different place and with no lines). If you want further proof, check out the Ovosonico Twitter account, which Tweeted a couple of hours ago a link to a Game Informer article on the Sony teaser along with the comment:
Quote:
Mmhh... weird...... http://fb.me/wAQ8nZcE
Ovosonico is the brainchild of Massimo Guarini, the man who directed Shadows of the Damned for Grasshopper Manufacture. According to the press release that came with the announcement it has partnered with Sony, Ovosonico “specialises in creating new IP by designing and developing original, unconventional and artistically-crafted video games”.
What do you think we can expect?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...dio-ovosonico/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	392889_613143432032514_877658905_n.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	11707  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-21-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
PlayStation 4 uses both real names and PSN handles, DualShock 4 charges in standby

Chris Norden, senior staff engineer at Sony, just concluded a talk about development on PS4 here at GDC. While mostly aimed at the improvements to the development environment over its predecessor, Norden also offered some interesting factoids for those of us lacking the know-how to create games. For example, the upgraded Blu-ray drive spins discs at three times the speed of PS3.

Much of Norden's talk unfortunately didn't offer much on the PS4 architecture that we didn't already know, but he went fairly in depth on the DualShock 4 and PS4 Eye peripherals. The DualShock 4 features enhanced dual vibration over the DualShock 3, with lower latency and reduced dead zone – the area surrounding the center point on the analog sticks where the console doesn't pick up input. Unlike the PS3 buttons, the face buttons, L1, and R1 on the DS4 are digital. DualShock 4 controllers will also charge now when the system is in standby mode – not possible with the DualShock 3 on the PS3 – and he says every PS4 will include a headset in the box, another thing Sony avoided with the PS3.

The new ID system was also demonstrated, where each PS4 player will have two identities. There's obviously the requisite online handle, but also true names for friends pulled from Facebook and through true name search on PSN. By default, true names will not be displayed.

Finally, Norden said that per the PlayStation 4's ability to capture game footage and share online, the system itself will automatically record your last few minutes of gameplay at all times. If you did something interesting or impressive by accident, you can hit the Share button and retrieve that footage, each clip being broken down into chapters that are labeled right in the video editor suite.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/27/pl...s-dualshock-4/
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM
The PS4's Camera Can Do Some Cool Tricks

Today at the Game Developers Conference, Sony senior staff engineer Chris Norden gave a presentation designed to introduce the PlayStation 4 to developers. The talk was mostly technical, but they shared new details about the PS4, including how the augmented reality features will work.

The AR will use the PS4's camera, the PlayStation 4 Eye, in combination with the new DualShock controller, which will combine with facial recognition to let the PS4 identify each player based not only on their controller, but their face.

Midway through the talk, Norden showed a demo video of the augmented reality stuff in action. First, we saw a guy in a living room who pulled out a virtually projected menu--we were seeing what he'd see, a reflection of himself on the screen, with the augmented reality graphics projected around him. It then cut to him sitting with a friend, pulling up a digital Pong field, which displayed superimposed over them and their controllers. They then used their controllers to move the pong paddles.

The second demo was cooler, and had the guy "zooming in" to his controller with the touch-pad, where the screen showed an army of little robot dudes living inside it. This is similar to an old Ubisoft mini-game that involved little Rabbids creatures seeming to live inside the Wii Remote.

The demo also felt a little like those little aliens in Toy Story were living within his controller. Watching them on the screen, he'd press buttons on the controller and see them react as the massive structure above them (which was actually his controller) lit up and changed. When he shook the controller, they all freaked out, and when he covered the touch-pad with his hand, their light source went away. Then, he "flicked" the touchpad and we cut back to a view of him in the room, tossing the robots out of his controller and into the room, pushing them around with his hand before eventually vacuuming them back up, also using the controller.

None of this was especially revolutionary, but the fidelity provided by the PS4's camera made it look a lot better than any of the AR stuff provided by the PlayStation Eye or the Xbox Kinect. Norden said that the PS4 camera has a resolution of 1280x800 and runs at at 60Hz. (For comparison, the Kinect and PlayStation Eye both run at 640x480.)

Those kinds of goofy augmented reality demos don't usually get me too excited once they're up and running in my apartment, but as a proof-of-concept for the PS4, the demo was pretty fun.

Norden also tossed out a few other ideas that the combination of facial recognition and controller recognition could provide: It'll theoretically allow face-based logins, let the game identify who is talking based on their voice, have characters in the game look out of the TV at the person controlling them (cool), or have the game automatically re-orient multiplayer splitscreen if the players wind up moving around the room mid-session. All little things, but all nifty.

http://kotaku.com/the-ps4s-camera-ca...icks-461245527
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
WHAT WOULD U PAY FOR AN 8GB PS4?

QUESTION:

WHAT WOULD U PAY FOR A PS4 with 8GB?

[update]

Sony even said at their big unveiling that the system would come with 8GB. The PS4 would be Cloud based.
8GB is a joke considering the PS4 has to use 100GB to watch 4K Bluray films but I ask What do u think I would
cost considering what we already know about the System?

PROOF:

PS4 8GB HARDWARE
Quote:

Traditionally console dev kits contain more memory than retail units. With the PS4 dev kits containing 8GB of RAM, Sony's announcement that the retail unit would contain the same amount delighted as much as it surprised. - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ght-developers
image from http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/20/ps4-...l-performance/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ps4_specs.png
Views:	11
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	11851  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-03-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
QUESTION:

No. In this day and age, I refuse to believe in a system that has less storage capacity than my phone. I don't care if cloud storage is being offered in its place. It's stupid to have your entire consumer group reliant on a system that would require a constant connection to the internet to retrive media items.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
QUESTION:

$0. Nintendo fucked up and i refuse to believe that Sony and Microsoft would follow them down that path.

Srsly there was NO excuse for the WiiU to come with a joke of 8gig internal storage. Especially when you consider they always knew that you were going to have to install stuff on it for pretty much every game.

EDIT: Wait wait wait. You're taking 8gig of RAM and not an 8gig internal HD like the WiiU has? Well then yes 8gig of RAM is pretty good. A little low when you can consider what you can get these days but not too little either.

Last edited by vesaker; 04-05-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
PS4: October Release, Will Cost £300 - Sony CEO Interview

PS4 will release in October and cost £300, according to a newspaper interview with Sony gaming CEO Andrew House.

PS4 will release in October and cost £300, according to a newspaper interview with Sony gaming CEO Andrew House.

The CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment spoke to British tabloid newspaper The Sun, in a business section article that states Sony's upcoming next-gen PlayStation 4 console will launch in October for £300.

House said that the console will attempt to appeal to female gamers more and that 'it's not all about shooting games'.

He told the paper: "We’re not going down the route of making the console pink of course…

“I think the key is to have people – and increasingly women – with different sensibilities creating different games. It is not all about shoot em up games.”

This may turn out to be untrue, but given that the information comes from an article which is an interview with SCE's head honcho via a national newspaper, it does lend the source some credibility.

But it is interesting to note that House is never directly quoted on the price/release date information, so this may be The Sun's own interpretation.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1873749...interview.html

Could we get the PS4 on the same day and date as 'Assassin's Creed 4' and 'Battlefield 4'?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:

The CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment spoke to British tabloid newspaper The Sun, in a business section article that states Sony's upcoming next-gen PlayStation 4 console will launch in October for £300.

House said that the console will attempt to appeal to female gamers more and that 'it's not all about shooting games'.

He told the paper: "We’re not going down the route of making the console pink of course…

“I think the key is to have people – and increasingly women – with different sensibilities creating different games. It is not all about shoot em up games.”

This may turn out to be untrue, but given that the information comes from an article which is an interview with SCE's head honcho via a national newspaper, it does lend the source some credibility.

But it is interesting to note that House is never directly quoted on the price/release date information, so this may be The Sun's own interpretation.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1873749...interview.html

Could we get the PS4 on the same day and date as 'Assassin's Creed 4' and 'Battlefield 4'?
So the system will be about $400 here? Makes sense to me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 AM
8 gigs of Ram has nothing to do with storage....lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Third-party devs found out PS4 has 8 GB RAM at reveal event, says Just Add Water CEO

Third-party PlayStation 4 developers didn't know the console would feature 8 GB of RAM until Sony announced that fact on stage at the system's mid-February reveal event, said Just Add Water CEO Stewart Gilray in an interview with Videogamer.

Until that point, said Gilray, Sony had told Just Add Water that the PS4 would only include 4 GB of RAM.

"We first knew it had 8 GBs when Mark [Cerny, lead architect of the PS4] said at the event's stage, 'And it has 8 GB of memory.' We'd had kits at that point for a good while," said Gilray, who guessed that only "a couple of really close first-parties" were aware of the console's true memory specification prior to Sony's Feb. 20 announcement.

Moreover, Sony has "already ring-fenced the system memory away from the game memory," said Gilray. He explained, "There's none of this business that we had with PS3 of having to share memories."

When the PlayStation 3 launched, it did not allow users to bring up the console's interface, the XMB, while playing a game. Sony eventually added that feature in a firmware update, but the actions available to users with the in-game XMB remain limited, because the PS3 has to share its system memory between running games and the XMB. That won't be a problem with the PS4, according to Gilray, since Sony is designing the console from the get-go to support the feature.

Just Add Water has worked with Oddworld Inhabitants to bring a number of Oddworld games into high definition, including Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee, and is now developing an unannounced PS4 title.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/8/4196...stewart-gilray
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Source: Sony Planning Big PS4 Reveal Before E3

Expect a big announcement from Sony about its next-gen PlayStation 4 console this month or possibly in early May, a source familiar with the company's marketing strategy told PCMag this week.

Sony already revealed some PlayStation 4 specs at a February event in which the company unveiled the console's controller (pictured) and a stereo camera with motion capture capabilities, but not, to the chagrin of gamers everywhere, the PS4 itself.

But Sony may be parceling out information about its coming game console to build up buzz, according to the source. Some industry watchers anticipated another reveal or at least some PS4 news at last week's Game Developer Conference, but the company only tipped some details about the underlying hardware, Ars Technica reported.

GDC was probably the last big stage for the company to talk up the successor to the PlayStation 3 $269.99 at Sony before the E3 gaming conference in June, unless Sony manufactures its own event. That's precisely what Sony plans to do, according to the source, who said late April/early May will be the likeliest time frame for a full-blown launch of the PS4.

Microsoft, which is playing its cards much closer to the vest with regards to its own next-generation console, has also been rumored to be planning an April event to lift the curtain on what many are calling the Xbox 720. The source had no knowledge of such plans but guessed that an E3 reveal would be more likely given Redmond's recent history—Microsoft unveiled Kinect (then dubbed Project Natal) at the 2009 show and announced both the availability of Kinect $109.99 at Kmart and its redesigned Xbox 360 at the expo the following year.

What's more, Microsoft in January posted a countdown to this year's E3 on its blog, which many have interpreted as a countdown to the next version of the Xbox.
Unlike Sony, which has doled out some information about the PS4, Microsoft has yet to even officially state that it even has a new console in the works at all—though leaks and rumors about the Xbox 360's successor have been rampant for more than a year.
So far, Nintendo's Wii U $349.99 at P.C. Richard & Son is the only member of the so-called eighth generation of video game consoles to have hit the market. Both the PS4 and the unnamed Xbox 360 successor are rumored to be slated for release later this year, in time for the holidays.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417397,00.asp
Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM
A UK supermarket begins taking PS4 pre-orders

UK supermarket Asda has begun accepting pre-orders for the PlayStation 4.

Customers are being asked to pay £20 to reserve a console. The move means Asda has become one of the first non-specialists to begin offering customers the chance to reserve a PS4.

"We believe that the demand for this next generation console will be worth the system development and time we have invested to bring this offer to our customers," an Asda spokesperson told trade magazine MCV.

No RRP has been set for the console, though the supermarket does believe the console will be released in the UK before the end of the year.

The last generation of console launches were the first the supermarkets took part in.

In particular, the launch of the Xbox 360 posed huge issues for the retailer, as this reporter experienced in 2005 writing a report for a national newspaper on how difficult it was to buy an Xbox 360 at launch without pre-ordering.

Many Asda supermarkets found they had more people waiting to buy the console before midday than they had consoles allocated.

The situation meant that the supermarket had to separate those customers who had been allocated consoles from general shoppers; letting them into the staff canteens in some stores.

By 10pm, some stores had over 200 people on standby in case one of those lucky shoppers that had arrived and waited in the store since before midday decided to leave the store and forfeit their place in the queue.

It also led some customers on standby to offer those with an allocated console several times the value of the console to take their place.

The situation also led to increased costs as the supermarket had to use extra security to remove those customers on standby when it became apparent that none of the customers with allocated consoles would be forfeting their place.

Asda is obviously keen to avoid a similar repeat, especially if as predicted both consoles launch in the run up to Christmas with limited stock.

http://www.t3.com/news/asda-begins-t...ps4-pre-orders

[update]
Website for ASDA's preorder of the ps4 have been taken down. Here is the link for ASDA

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-12-2013 at 12:40 PM..