#1  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Islam's "honor killings"

This is probably the first time I've ever heard of this. Apparently honor killings is where the homicide of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief of the perpetrators that the victim has brought dishonor upon the family or community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

Just reading all the honor killings in that link above is beyond disturbing. Its truly awful how women are treated over there in the Middle East. It actually angers me a lot.

I absolutely hate religion (all religions) but nothing compares to Islam imo. That religion is responsible for the most bloodshed and its not even close.

These honor killings aren't just happening in the Middle East. It's happening right here in the United States as well. Not too long ago there was an honor killing in Phoenix (where I live). A Muslim father killed his own daughter. Absolutely disgraceful. This POS ran over her with his car. Da fuck is wrong with him?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_849999.html

I made a rant back in 2008 about how Muslims need to stfu and quit being so butthurt about anything and everything. They freakin got pissed about Iron Man for Christs. I mean my GOD what the fuck is wrong with these people? Then these backwards ass idiots got pissed at South Park and even sent Trey & Matt death threats.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? I'd like to know.
  #2  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Better watch it....allah is watching you........

AL SNACKBAR!
  #3  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Any time you've got an extremist (with any religion, don't get smug here, Christians) talking about doing things in the name of honor or pride or respect, run for the hills because someone's about to die. You're about to hear them tell you the most dishonorable logic as their reason why they're killing anyone.

As a parent, how can you ever be driven to kill your own kid? Genetically, you're hardwired to love and care for them so intensely above all else, it should outweigh any other feeling/instinct. Yet some people are so indoctrinated with their own religion and culture, and they're more concerned with how other people in their community view them than they should be about their own family (which is already wrong). They hold that higher than their own personal feelings and responsibility to their own family.

It speaks to their ego and to an extreme peer pressure: they kill their own child to show their friends and neighbors that their family will not tolerate being put in any "shameful" disposition. Real good, you're a big man for taking the chicken-shit way out. I hope the approval of your peers was worth ending the life of your offspring.

"The more devout you are in your religion, the more you see your own sins as negotiable."
- George Carlin
  #4  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
Any time you've got an extremist (with any religion, don't get smug here, Christians) talking about doing things in the name of honor or pride or respect, run for the hills because someone's about to die.
Yup it might even be more of a cultural thing, my friends family is from Iraq and they are Catholic, but they were telling me how there was an honor killing in their village a couple of years ago, because the mans daughter dated someone.
  #5  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM
The usual suspects trashing Islam. Not that I care. Honor killings are a pathetic, barbaric, shameful act.

Maybe if this were targeting something Christians do we'd hear from the other half. It's just not that popular for us libs to verbally accost the Muslims and their traditions.

Did I ever tell the story about how I wrapped a towel over my pitbulls head and proclaimed she looked like a muslim becuase it sort of looked like a burka? Holly shit, did my friend go off on me. I almost said she looked like Mother Teresa and my friend would have had NO problem with that comparison. His liberal sensitivities were offended.

Last edited by Preston_79; 04-05-2013 at 12:26 PM..
  #6  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
The usual suspects trashing Islam. Not that I care. Honor killings are a pathetic, barbaric, shameful act.

Maybe if this were targeting something Christians do we'd hear from the other half. It's just not that popular for us libs to verbally accost the Muslims and their traditions.

Did I ever tell the story about how I wrapped a towel over my pitbulls head and proclaimed she looked like a muslim becuase it sort of looked like a burka? Holly shit, did my friend go off on me. I almost said she looked like Mother Teresa and my friend would have had NO problem with that comparison. His liberal sensitivities were offended.
Extremism is bad no matter what, and its almost always born out of politics. SO before you continue to spout about liberal agendas, remember than conservative and liberal extremism is the primary reason this country is in a deadlock and about to fall to pieces.
  #7  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Extremism is bad no matter what, and its almost always born out of politics. SO before you continue to spout about liberal agendas, remember than conservative and liberal extremism is the primary reason this country is in a deadlock and about to fall to pieces.
What, I didn't spout off about any liberal agenda? Just saying it's not popular for liberals to speak out about Islam. Dissing Christians is safer territory. I'm a grown ass man, so of course I realize that political and religious extremism is bad..bad...bad.

Oh, and I'm not Christian, not a conservative, not a republican.
  #8  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
What, I didn't spout off about any liberal agenda? Just saying it's not popular for liberals to speak out about Islam. Dissing Christians is safer territory. I'm a grown ass man, so of course I realize that political and religious extremism is bad..bad...bad.

Oh, and I'm not Christian, not a conservative, not a republican.
Ah. Well, me neither.

The real question is why does humanity gravitate towards religions that spread fear and hate and bloodshed behind them? Certainly there are "nice" religions/beliefs. Wicca is geared towards loving the Earth (if we have one true "maker" it's Mother Earth, hands down.), Taoism is about preserving nature and non-interference. Buddhism about the shredding of material possessions in search of true happiness. And on and on. Why cant we flock to those as a race?

(It's largely due to the fact that the catholic monks were the only ones that could read or write during the plague years and, thus, brain-washed every literate person still alive. Which wasn't many.)
  #9  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
You know what my biggest problem with honor killings is? It's that they're happening in the United States now. I mean, I still have a problem with them regardless. I'm more used to the Christian nut cases, you know, killing abortion doctors, and wishing hell on everyone that's not like them. I think I read about at least a couple honor killing that happened last year in the US. That dude who ran over his two daughters in the driveway down in Texas I think, that dude in NY that chopped his wife's head off.

It's only a matter of time before the United States has a suicide bomber who's doing it in the name of Islam. Matter of time...

Last edited by Preston_79; 04-05-2013 at 01:20 PM..
  #10  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I wonder if such attacks are similar to black people attacking a white man for dating a black woman, or white men attacking a black man for dating a white woman, or the same scenario with black and latino relationships.

Is it purely down to their religion? I wonder if identity is the issue, and how identity is related to sexual rivalry and the aesthetics of sexual relationships.

Having said that, their religion is often intertwined with segregation, religious enclaves, and sometimes racial enclaves which exacerbate these issues of identity in an us versus them context.

I don't know if any of that makes sense. Maybe its better to go straight to the point and say these honour killings, mostly involving the murder of a daughter for looking at the wrong man, are one of the more repugnant acts in our society. Either they've got the wrong end of the stick, or their religion is seriously fucked up. I haven't read it, so I don't know.
  #11  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Surely another great thread for the Misc board and its intended use as a place to discuss the trivial.

Tell me, echo, what do you think of this honor killing story?


How Americans are propagandized about Afghanistan

On February 12 of this year, U.S. forces entered a village in the Paktia Province in Afghanistan and, after surrounding a home where a celebration of a new birth was taking place, shot dead two male civilians (government officials) who exited the house in order to inquire why they had been surrounded, and then shot and killed three female relatives (a pregnant mother of ten, a pregnant mother of six, and a teenager) who sought to help the victims. The Pentagon then issued a statement claiming that (a) the dead males were "insurgents" or terrorists, (b) the bodies of the three women had been found by U.S. forces bound and gagged inside the home, and (c) suggested that the women had already been killed by the time the U.S. had arrived, likely the victim of "honor killings" by the Taliban militants killed in the attack.

Although numerous witnesses on the scene as well as local investigators vehemently disputed the Pentagon's version, and insisted that all of the dead (including the women) were civilians and were killed by U.S. forces, the American media largely adopted the Pentagon's version, often without any questions. But enough evidence has now emerged disproving those claims such that the Pentagon was forced yesterday to admit that their original version was totally false and that it was U.S. troops who killed the women:

Quote:
After initially denying involvement or any cover-up in the deaths of three Afghan women during a badly bungled American Special Operations assault in February, the American-led military command in Kabul admitted late on Sunday that its forces had, in fact, killed the women during the nighttime raid.
One NATO official said that there had likely been an effort to cover-up what happened by U.S. troops via evidence tampering on the scene (though other NATO officials deny this claim). The Times of London actually reported yesterday that, at least according to Afghan investigators, "US special forces soldiers dug bullets out of their victims’ bodies in the bloody aftermath of a botched night raid, then washed the wounds with alcohol before lying to their superiors about what happened."

What is clear -- yet again -- is how completely misinformed and propagandized Americans continue to be by the American media, which constantly "reports" on crucial events in Afghanistan by doing nothing more than mindlessly and unquestioningly passing along U.S. government claims as though they are fact. Here, for instance, is how the Paktia incident was "reported" by CNN on February 12:



Note how the headline states as fact that the women were dead as the result of an "honor killing." The entire CNN article does nothing but repeat what an "unnamed senior military official said" about the incident, and it even helpfully explained:

Quote:
An honor killing is a murder carried out by a family or community member against someone thought to have brought dishonor onto them.

The U.S. official said it isn't clear whether the dishonor in this case stemmed from accusations of acts such as adultery or even cooperating with NATO forces.

"It has the earmarks of a traditional honor killing," said the official, who added the Taliban could be responsible. . .

The operation unfolded when Afghan and international forces went to the compound, which was thought to be a site of militant activity. A firefight ensued and several insurgents died, several people left the compound, and eight others were detained.
Similarly, The New York Times, while noting that there were "varying accounts of what happened" among U.S. forces and their allies in the Afghan police, also passed along the Pentagon's false version of events with no questioning. Here's the NYT's February 12 article in its entirety:

Quote:
Several civilians were killed in Paktia Province on Friday when a joint Afghan-NATO force went to investigate a report of militant activity, but NATO and the Afghan police gave varying accounts of what happened. A NATO statement said the joint force went to a compound in the village of Khatabeh, in the Gardez district, where insurgents opened fire on them from a residential compound. Several insurgents were killed and a large number of men, women and children fled and were detained by the NATO force. Inside the compound, soldiers "found the bodies of three women who had been tied up, gagged and killed," the NATO statement said. The Paktia Province police chief, Aziz Ahmad Wardak, confirmed the episode but said the dead in the house were two men and three women, who he said were killed by Taliban militants. He said the killings took place while the residents were celebrating the birth of a baby.
CNN conveyed its version of events without the slightest contradiction or doubt, and the NYT simply ignored entirely the claims of the residents of the village -- notwithstanding the fact that serious conflicts about what actually took place were known from the very beginning. Consider, for instance, this February 12 article by Amir Shah of the Associated Press, who actually bothered to pick up a phone to determine if the Pentagon's claims were true before "reporting" them as fact; this is what Shah found:

Quote:
However, relatives of the dead accused American forces of being responsible for the deaths of all five people when contacted by The Associated Press by phone.

A man who identified himself as Hamidullah said he had been in the home as some 20 people gathered to celebrate the birth of a son when a group of men he described as "U.S. special forces" surrounded the compound.

When one man came out into the courtyard to ask why, Hamidullah said he watched U.S. forces gun him down.

"Daoud was coming out of the house to ask what was going on. And then they shot him," he said.

Then they killed a second man, Hamidullah said. The rest of the group were forced out into the yard, made to kneel and had their hands bound behind their back, he said, breaking off crying without giving any further details.

A deputy provincial council member in Gardez, Shahyesta Jan Ahadi, said news of the operation has inflamed the local community that believes the Americans were responsible for the deaths.

"Last night, the Americans conducted an operation in a house and killed five innocent people, including three women. The people are so angry," he said.
The Pentagon's version of events was vehemently disputed from the start. But there was not a hint of any of that in the CNN or NYT "reporting," which simply adopted the press release claims of NATO forces. That Press Release, false from start to finish, claimed that "a combined force of Afghan and international troops last night found the bound and gagged bodies of two women and the bodies of two men during an operation in the province's Gardez district," and "members of the combined force found the bodies inside." Ironically, the Pentagon Press Release ended this way: "'ISAF continually works with our Afghan partners to fight criminals and terrorists who do not care about the life of civilians,' ISAF spokesman Canadian army Brig. Gen. Eric Tremblay said." On March 16 -- more than a month later, and only after a major investigative report about this incident was published by Jerome Starkey of The Times of London -- the NYT ran a story detailing the gruesome claims of residents about what really happened; click that link for the horrific details and to get a sense for how false were the Pentagon and U.S. media's original claims about what took place.

Contrast the pure propaganda dissemination of the American media with the immediate reporting of the Pajhwok Afghan News, an independent news agency created in Afghanistan to enable war reporting by Afghans. Here is how they reported the Pakita incident from the beginning, on Febraury 12 (via NEXIS):
Quote:
US Special Forces have shot dead a district intelligence chief along with four family members in the volatile southeastern province of Paktia, a senior police officer claimed on Friday. Brig. Gen. Ghulam Dastagir Rustamyar explained that Daud and his family were celebrating the birth of his son. But acting on a misleading tip-off, foreign troops raided the intelligence official's residence. . . . He said the dead included Daud, his brother Zahir, an employee of the attorney's office, and three women. . . .

But the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) claimed Afghan and international forces found the bound and gagged bodies of three women during the operation in Gardez late Thursday night. "The joint force went to a compound near the village of Khatabeh, after intelligence confirmed militant activity. Several insurgents engaged the joint force in a firefight and were killed," the ISAF press office in Kabul said. . . .

When the troops entered the compound, according to the press release, they conducted a thorough search and found the bodies of three women who had been tied up, gagged and killed. "The bodies had been hidden in an adjacent room."
Note the crucial difference: the Afghan news service shaped its report based on the statements of actual witnesses on the ground and local investigators, while also including the Pentagon's version of events. Put another way, anyone reading about what happened from American news outlets would be completely misled and propagandized, while anyone reading the Pajhowk Afghan News would have been informed, because they treated official U.S. claims with skepticism rather than uncritical reverence.
  #12  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Tell me, echo, what do you think of this honor killing story?
Yea because this somehow negates all the real honor killing that happen on a daily basis in the name of "allah".
  #13  
Old 04-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Yea because this somehow negates all the real honor killing that happen on a daily basis in the name of "allah".
lol no kidding

And also lol at the big time liberal Quentin sticking up for Islam. Aren't you a big time women's rights supporter? Do you realize how women are treated in that religion? Jesus Christ dude wake up.
  #14  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Quentin what are you trying to prove by showing us that story? That all honor killings are false and are really murders committed by Americans, because if you are that would be absolutely ridiculous. This is talking about honor killings that actually happen not some supposed cover up by U.S. forces.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...rkilling_N.htm here read this story because this honor killing actually happened try to expand your horizons a little bit.

Last edited by ThunderStorm; 04-06-2013 at 02:53 PM..
  #15  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Quentin what are you trying to prove by showing us that story? That all honor killings are false and are really murders committed by Americans, because if you are that would be absolutely ignorant. This is talking about honor killings that actually happen not some supposed cover up by U.S. forces.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...rkilling_N.htm here read this story because this honor killing actually happened try to expand your horizons a little bit.
Yeah dude, it's baffling why so many hardcore liberals are so gung ho about sticking up for Islam. You would think with the way that religion treats women they would speak out against it since they are such big women's rights supporters.
  #16  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I think Joblo specifically said not to call each other ignorant. Said it was the same as calling people stupid, least in his opinion. Just giving you the heads up.

Imagine if you can a liberal minded person coming to the defense of Christianity if you were to start talking about the atrocities committed at the hands of their fundamentalists? Yea, that would never fucking happen.
  #17  
Old 04-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo
For now, this thread is closed and we ask that nobody re-open topics such as religion, politics or racism here. The internet has PLENTY of spots for which you can expand on your opinions on any of those topics, but the JOBLO MOVIE NETWORK is definitely not one of them.

Thanks for understanding.
Seems like echo is not thankful
  #18  
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Seems like echo is not thankful
Oops!

Mods or Joblo feel free to delete/close this thread. I seriously didn't mean any harm by it. I just wanted to bring the topic up to all the schmoes on here. Again, sorry.
  #19  
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/world/...html?hpt=hp_c2
  #20  
Old 04-06-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Just awful. Makes me so mad.

At least she survived though (however she will be scared for life)
  #21  
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Damn I thought Quentin's article proved that honor killings are all really perpetrated by the U.S. soldiers.

But honestly poor girl.
  #22  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Haha this section is starting to look like the Daily Mail more and more everyday
  #23  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I posted that article not to discount the reality and horror of honor killings, but to see if your reaction would also be that it was "beyond disturbing... truly awful...[and] angers me a lot" when someone else commits horrific atrocities against innocent Muslim women.

Instead of course you dismissed it offhand, because you could give a fuck about the lives or well-being of Muslim women, which is why you supported the invasions and occupations that killed tens of thousands of them. Your supposed concern for Muslim women is insincere, a way to shroud your irrational anti-Muslim bigotry in the guise of humanitarianism. But that's all this thread is about, anti-Muslim bigotry.

Also, where on Earth did I stick up for Islam? I said this thread wasn't appropriate for the Misc board and posted an article about a massacre committed by U.S. troops and staged/reported as an "honor killing." I'm an atheist and think Islam is backwards bullshit, like all religions, yet you accuse me of "sticking up for them" and supposed hypocrisy based entirely on putting words in my mouth. You're incapable of arguing with anyone but the straw men you construct.

Anyway, for the second time now, this thread is obviously not appropriate for the Misc Forum as Jo has reiterated recently and you should know better.
  #24  
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Anyway, for the second time now, this thread is obviously not appropriate for the Misc Forum as Jo has reiterated recently and you should know better.
Good thing you came in to tell us your opinion, while reminding us we shouldn't reply with ours per Jo. Thanks boss man.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho; 04-07-2013 at 06:52 PM..
  #25  
Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
QUENTIN, I too find what some of those US troops did to be absolute awful. In no way am I supporting that so please don't put words in my mouth.

And lol at you accusing us of "anti Muslim bigotry

We are clearly speaking out about how Islam is totally out of control.
  #26  
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Anyway, for the second time now, this thread is obviously not appropriate for the Misc Forum as Jo has reiterated recently and you should know better.
Well you posted your article in the wrong forum come on Quentin follow the rules man. And that article if its true and really happened about what the U.S. troops supposedly did is horrible and awful, and it should not be stood for. However, that was not the topic of this thread and if you wished to discuss that you should have opened your own thread in the politics forum. The topic of this thread is Islam's "Honor Killings" and that is what should be discussed not some red herring argument that isn't the issue that is being talked about.

Last edited by ThunderStorm; 04-07-2013 at 06:23 PM..
  #27  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
The world gets more ugly everyday. Honor killings are ridiculous. I know there's conflict in the world but I wish something would happen that would cause worldwide enlightenment.



Btw not that I'm sad, I'm actually jovial about it, but when did Bondgirl get canned? And for what?
  #28  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
Btw not that I'm sad, I'm actually jovial about it, but when did Bondgirl get canned? And for what?

She has been trolling the board (as pointed out in other threads) since she joined but she liked to send sweet little emails to the mods so they kept her around while we had to tolerate her utter stupidity as they ignored it. Good riddance. If she signs back up she won't be hard to miss, just look for posts where there are more typos and misspellings than a dyslexic spelling bee and worse grammar than an inner city preschool.
  #29  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
can anyone tell me whose gimmick bondgirl was
  #30  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM

Let me get this straight, saying religious fundamentalists who participate in honor killings is ant-Muslim bigotry? We're talking about pieces of shit that pervert the word of Islam, right?

I mean, we all diss on the Westboro Baptist church. The dumb fucks who hold the signs, and picket funerals. They NEVER killed anyone, but we acknowledged they are worthless fuck faces. Never heard a Christian come to their defense, ever. When you do mock them, no one ever says you're anti Christian and it's because the Westboro Baptist church are FUNDAMENTALISTS!!

Laugh my fucking ass off at liberals getting uncomfortable hearing people trash murderers, because they're Islamic.

Last edited by Preston_79; 04-07-2013 at 08:38 PM..
  #31  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
She has been trolling the board (as pointed out in other threads) since she joined but she liked to send sweet little emails to the mods so they kept her around while we had to tolerate her utter stupidity as they ignored it. Good riddance. If she signs back up she won't be hard to miss, just look for posts where there are more typos and misspellings than a dyslexic spelling bee and worse grammar than an inner city preschool.
Hahah,im gonna have a beer to this post. I'm glad she's gone.

And to someguy, if she was a farce by another member it is the greatest put on I've seen in my 10 yrs here
  #32  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
Hahah,im gonna have a beer to this post. I'm glad she's gone.

And to someguy, if she was a farce by another member it is the greatest put on I've seen in my 10 yrs here

Think for a second, what if it was Jo himself? Boards have been dying, so he creates this psycho alter ego to post the most asinine threads non stop to at least keep a couple of the sub forums busy until new people join in? You get a good screenwriter and there is a good plot for the next Ryan Reynolds rom-com.
  #33  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
Let me get this straight, saying religious fundamentalists who participate in honor killings is ant-Muslim bigotry? We're talking about pieces of shit that pervert the word of Islam, right?
No, it wouldn't be, if that's what was going on (saying something bad about them I assume is what you meant, looks like you skipped a word). But echo_bravo the anti-Muslim bigot isn't talking just about fundamentalists who participate in honor killings, he's talking about Muslims. Here's what he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I absolutely hate religion (all religions) but nothing compares to Islam imo. That religion is responsible for the most bloodshed and its not even close.

I made a rant back in 2008 about how Muslims need to stfu and quit being so butthurt about anything and everything. They freakin got pissed about Iron Man for Christs. I mean my GOD what the fuck is wrong with these people? Then these backwards ass idiots got pissed at South Park and even sent Trey & Matt death threats.
That's anti-Muslim bigotry, pure and simple. He's grouping all Muslims together and ascribing them all negative characteristics and complaining about them. As he notes, he's displayed it before. Replace the word "Muslim" with "Jew" and no one here would think it was anything but bigotry and he'd be banned within the day. Anti-Muslim bigotry is pretty common and accepted among Westerners though and this place is pretty lax about hate speech these days.
  #34  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
No, it wouldn't be, if that's what was going on (saying something bad about them I assume is what you meant, looks like you skipped a word). But echo_bravo the anti-Muslim bigot isn't talking just about fundamentalists who participate in honor killings, he's talking about Muslims. Here's what he said:



That's anti-Muslim bigotry, pure and simple. He's grouping all Muslims together and ascribing them all negative characteristics and complaining about them. As he notes, he's displayed it before. Replace the word "Muslim" with "Jew" and no one here would think it was anything but bigotry and he'd be banned within the day. Anti-Muslim bigotry is pretty common and accepted among Westerners though and this place is pretty lax about hate speech these days.
Okay. I completely see your point. I was hung up thinking we were still talking about the fundamentalists, not all Muslims in general. My apologies.
  #35  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
No, it wouldn't be, if that's what was going on (saying something bad about them I assume is what you meant, looks like you skipped a word). But echo_bravo the anti-Muslim bigot isn't talking just about fundamentalists who participate in honor killings, he's talking about Muslims. Here's what he said:



That's anti-Muslim bigotry, pure and simple. He's grouping all Muslims together and ascribing them all negative characteristics and complaining about them. As he notes, he's displayed it before. Replace the word "Muslim" with "Jew" and no one here would think it was anything but bigotry and he'd be banned within the day. Anti-Muslim bigotry is pretty common and accepted among Westerners though and this place is pretty lax about hate speech these days.
Don't you dare fuckin call me a bigot. You don't know me. And I didnt say anything remotely wrong. The fact is that there are TONS of crazy muslims out there. Sorry if you liberals can't see that. JFC.
  #36  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Think for a second, what if it was Jo himself? Boards have been dying, so he creates this psycho alter ego to post the most asinine threads non stop to at least keep a couple of the sub forums busy until new people join in? You get a good screenwriter and there is a good plot for the next Ryan Reynolds rom-com.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You think JoBlo...the man who runs a successful movie site...is putting on on a "costume" and trolling forums...and then banning himself?? For the sake of "web traffic"??

Thanks for that, but please think about what you're proposing. The man builds web traffic by running a successful movie site. And he does it with news, interviews, reviews, web development, meeting people at conventions and film festivals, and managing a team who helps him with all of it. And the site has more members now than it ever has. Administrating this site (and MFC, for that matter) takes a LOT of effort.

Just because some members have time to create new identities and spend the day posting to piss off other members doesn't mean he does. And just because traffic here is slower than it once was doesn't mean there aren't many more members elsewhere on the site ignoring the obvious trolling and the resulting political denigration that seem to go on almost daily here.

Last edited by jeo4; 04-07-2013 at 10:22 PM..
  #37  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 PM
zionist conpiracies are distorting the war in iraq

It's misplacing bigotry to be including it front and center in the longer line of callowness, crudeness, and other more prominent causes that probably contribute to these kinds of quotes. People read controversies about Islam and Muslims threatening to kill people who portray their prophet, Muslims stoning women, Islam honor killings, and all sorts of other sandy Sarlacc traps, and lots of people rephrase that into a complaint against Muslims. I have had to stop my own damn self from doing that on several occasions, so I wouldn't confuse too much e-verbosity with vitriol. These boards get into some boxes by catching people for saying something crude even if that's just kind of the way they talk. Type. I knew what echo was talking about, and it's distracting everyone to call him out on something he didn't do consciously.

Or I can save everybody the trouble by adding whatever extra words we need to keep our pc radars from going off.

Without further ado, echo bravo's uncensored post.

Quote:
I absolutely have a strong emotional dislike of religion (all religions) but nothing compares to the stories I read about Islam imo. That religion seems to be responsible for the most bloodshed and its not even close , no offense.

I made a rant back in 2008 about how Muslims in the stories I read who are extremist, fundamentalist, or sometimes even themselves disingenuously Muslim and just using that cultural backdrop to better position themselves in this war torn, unstable and troubled region need to stfu and quit being so butthurt about anything and everything , and by anything and everything I mean south park and that danish doughnut guy. They, and by 'they' I mean the people in this story I read, freakin got pissed about Iron Man for Christs. I mean my GOD what the fuck is wrong with these people in the stories that I read? Then these backwards ass idiots in the stories I read got pissed at South Park and even sent Trey & Matt death threats.
That could air on fucking MSNBC.
  #38  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
If she signs back up she won't be hard to miss, just look for posts where there are more typos and misspellings than a dyslexic spelling bee and worse grammar than an inner city preschool.
That was probably just a gimmick to add to the Bondgirl character. On a board I used to visit there were alt accounts that all had some gimmick to increase their notoriety. Whether it was dyslectic writing, posting the same image in every post, starting each word with an upper-case letter, I've seen it all. And that was a decade ago.
So the next time the person behind Bondgirl creates a new account it will have a different thing that makes the character unique. Besides never posting in actual movie topics and just focusing on bullshit in the Misc Forum.
  #39  
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
That was probably just a gimmick to add to the Bondgirl character. On a board I used to visit there were alt accounts that all had some gimmick to increase their notoriety. Whether it was dyslectic writing, posting the same image in every post, starting each word with an upper-case letter, I've seen it all. And that was a decade ago.
So the next time the person behind Bondgirl creates a new account it will have a different thing that makes the character unique. Besides never posting in actual movie topics and just focusing on bullshit in the Misc Forum.
I just began to think she was handicapped.
  #40  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
If she signs back up she won't be hard to miss, just look for posts where there are more typos and misspellings than a dyslexic spelling bee and worse grammar than an inner city preschool.
A monkey pounding away at a keyboard would occasionally, by sheer luck, have a post without a typo. It was simultaneously Bondgirl's funniest schtick and biggest giveaway that every post had at least one typo.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump