Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Marvel Phases

EW did a nice story on the phases of Marvel.

The end of phase 1 was The Avengers.

Phase 2 starts with Iron Man 3 and continues with Thor (2013), Captain America (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), a tv show Agents of SHIELD (TBD) and ends with The Avengers 2 (2015).

Phase 3 will kick off with Ant Man (2015) and it was stated the Marvel now controls Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade and Ghost Rider, which means we might see some decent movies with old favorites in the future. There was some talk of a Doctor Strange movie. Hulk does not seem to have a solo movie coming soon, but maybe.

I really like what Marvel is doing by having a plan "It's all part of the plan" and not just throwing shit up on the wall and see what sticks. Not to say they have all been great movies, but at least they are trying and I respect that.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I agree. It's nice to see them thinking ahead with these movies rather than just making them and trying to connect them afterwards. -coughcoughX-Mencoughcough-

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Marvel's done a really good job of planning all this out. I'm not sure how many Phases they have planned, but I'm liking how things are looking through at least Phase 2.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Marvel's done a really good job of planning all this out. I'm not sure how many Phases they have planned, but I'm liking how things are looking through at least Phase 2.
I recall reading somewhere that they were planning on having three phases but that might have just been speculation.

I think what they might do is have Thanos as the villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, then have him reappear in The Avengers's sequel, and finish with Ultron as the villain in the third Avengers flick (who would maybe make appearances in Ant-Man and the second Avengers as a harmless robot AI).

Old 05-05-2013, 12:07 PM
other than the Avengers I'd say the Marvel films suck. How hard is it to get a legit director for a big budget film?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Meanwhile, DC seen flailing arms wildly, shouting hysterically at the moon.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Meanwhile, DC seen flailing arms wildly, shouting hysterically at the moon.
I think that's only as far as a Justice League movie is concerned. DC just came off of the TDK trilogy and now have Man of Steel on the way. I don't think they're hurting that much.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
other than the Avengers I'd say the Marvel films suck. How hard is it to get a legit director for a big budget film?
Kenneth Branagh, Joss Whedon, and Shane Black were all pretty big names before their Marvel films.

Quote:
I think that's only as far as a Justice League movie is concerned. DC just came off of the TDK trilogy and now have Man of Steel on the way. I don't think they're hurting that much.
They're certainly not making efficient use of their numerous properties though. Not on the level Marvel is.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
Kenneth Branagh, Joss Whedon, and Shane Black were all pretty big names before their Marvel films.
Jon Favreau too.

Quote:
They're certainly not making efficient use of their numerous properties though. Not on the level Marvel is.
I wouldn't know.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Jon Favreau too.
Favereau to an extent, yes. He wasn't really THAT big a name till Iron Man tough. Yeah he did Elf but who remembers that was him anyway?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post

thats true actually.

And are they for sure remaking Daredevil? I hope so. I want it done right this time.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I really do like Marvel's sense of a master plan with everything seemingly carefully orchestrated in order to make each installment within a phase seem equally important. I look forward to the remainder of Phase II and hope Captain America, GOTG, and Thor are a lot better than the lackluster Iron Man 3. And I hope Phase III will be equally as exciting with Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, possibly Hulk, and another Thor and/or Captain America. But what really makes me excited is the possibility of seeing Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Daredevil together in an almost adult-themed Avengers.

DC needs to get their head out of their ass and take more chances aka get fans of the source material to direct the movies instead of hacks who don't even know the characters.