Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 AM
People that have car alarms for their shitty cars

One of my douche bag co workers has a freakin car alarm on shitty old Jeep Grand Cherokee. LMAO seriously what a fuckin idiot. I just want to tell him dude NO ONE is gonna steal your shitty ass car.

It went off in the parking lot the other day and my co workers and I were dying laughing watching his dumbass run out of the parking lot frantically. Such a fuckin idiot.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 AM
So, should people pay to have their car alarm removed once their car reaches a certain age?

Car alarms have been around since the 80s, so of course older cars are going to have alarms. Many cars come with alarms when you buy them. I personally have an old Mazda that has an alarm. It came with the alarm when I bought it brand new. It was my first car. It was a nice car then, but It's an old clunker now. Just because it got old didn't change the fact that it has an alarm.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
So, should people pay to have their car alarm removed once their car reaches a certain age?

Car alarms have been around since the 80s, so of course older cars are going to have alarms. Many cars come with alarms when you buy them. I personally have an old Mazda that has an alarm. It came with the alarm when I bought it brand new. It was my first car. It was a nice car then, but It's an old clunker now. Just because it got old didn't change the fact that it has an alarm.
But dude its a fuckin piece of shit Jeep Grand Cherokee lol. No one in their right mind would steal that piece of shit. The guy is a paranoid idiot.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Aren't shitty cars way more likely to be stolen or broken in to? The whole "broken window" effect?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 PM
While I've luckily never needed my car alarm in my semi-older vehicle, I certainly would be unable to get to work or afford a new one if it was stolen.

Any deterrent is better than no deterrent, yeah? And like what Bob said, my car came with it. Didn't have an option.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Well as my mom used to say : "One man's junk is another man's treasure."

Older cars are definitely stolen. My son and his girlfriend moved to Alaska in a clunker so horrible that the Canadian border would not let them through at first when they arrived in the evening. They have certain standards because they don't want to have to go out and rescue your ass if you're stranded out in the wilderness. They made them wait til morning but they were lucky to get through at all. Anyway, their car was stolen within a couple of months.

Where I live in Tucson, hell yes clunkers are stolen left and right and they're over the border and gone in record time.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
But dude its a fuckin piece of shit Jeep Grand Cherokee lol. No one in their right mind would steal that piece of shit. The guy is a paranoid idiot.
Did you read his post? If so, your response doesn't really make sense. He pointed out what most of us were probably thinking, that most likely the alarm came with the car when it was new, most cars had them installed automatically. I drive a 12-year-old Buick that I never worry about people stealing, but it has a car alarm because the dude who bought it before me over a decade ago bought it with one. If your car is less than 25 years old, it probably has an alarm.

You're the only one who knows this guy you're making fun of, so maybe he is a paranoid idiot, but unless you know he got it installed recently, it's kind of ridiculous to suggest he or anyone else pay to have their car alarms removed when their cars get older and shittier.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 05-10-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM
^^^
yeah I didnt read his post correctly. My bad.

But still, if you have an old shitty car just disable the alarm for Christ sakes. I mean Jesus its annoying.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Nobody thought two planes would fly into WTC, but it happened didn't it? I think you're overreacting out of some personal issues with the guy.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Nobody thought two planes would fly into WTC, but it happened didn't it? I think you're overreacting out of some personal issues with the guy.
yeah maybe so.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 AM
'Shitty' cars get ransacked and stolen ALL the time where I live in NW England, probably moreso than the higher end models.

It definitely reads like you hate this guys fucking guts.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Wait, are we talking about sensory alarms that go off with contact, or the ones that have an alarm button on the fob?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
But still, if you have an old shitty car just disable the alarm for Christ sakes. I mean Jesus its annoying.
This is what my thinking would be if I was constantly trying to break in to old, shitty cars, too
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
'Shitty' cars get ransacked and stolen ALL the time where I live in NW England, probably moreso than the higher end models.

It definitely reads like you hate this guys fucking guts.
Really??? I thought it was the other way around. Here in Phoenix, Arizona the nicer cars are the ones that get stolen.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Top 10 Most Stolen Cars in US (in 2011):

1. 1994 Honda Accord
2. 1998 Honda Civic
3. 2006 Ford Pickup (Full Size)
4. 1991 Toyota Camry
5. 2000 Dodge Caravan
6. 1994 Acura Integra
7. 1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
8. 2004 Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
9. 2002 Ford Explorer
10. 1994 Nissan Sentra

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...rs-in-the-u-s/

People steal "shitty" cars all the time.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Meth addicts will steal cars for their next drug fix. Some guy at one point told me he use to get a four thousand dollar rate at a chop shop in Long Beach. No cars older then two years. There's actually far more effective alternatives to car alarms like grants lock out cap that lets you unlock the steering wheel and remove it. Or aeromotive makes a fuel cut off switch blocking the fuel pump passage cutting off gas to the engine when the ignition is turned over.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Top 10 Most Stolen Cars in US (in 2011):

1. 1994 Honda Accord
2. 1998 Honda Civic
3. 2006 Ford Pickup (Full Size)
4. 1991 Toyota Camry
5. 2000 Dodge Caravan
6. 1994 Acura Integra
7. 1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
8. 2004 Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
9. 2002 Ford Explorer
10. 1994 Nissan Sentra

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...rs-in-the-u-s/

People steal "shitty" cars all the time.
wow I honestly had no clue. Thanks for that list Ace

And I guess that giant douche is justified having an alarm now.

And I guess I better go out and buy an alarm for my shitty 1998 Honda Accord
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM
you should have stuck to your guns. Rather then letting a two year old list spook you into getting an alarm on that piece of crap you drive like the douche you were just insulting.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 05-19-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Car alarms are infuriating no matter what the make and model of the car is. Everyone has been in that situation where somebody in the area unwittingly pressed the car alarm on their fob and after five minutes of ruckus all anyone could think about was how to find and kill the person responsible.

BTW, I've owned two of the cars on that list at some point (1994 Integra, 1998 Civic).