Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Seven Psychopaths

Just saw this last night and I gotta say, I really wasn't feeling it. In Bruges was just so good (9/10) that maybe my expectations were too high. I don't know but I just couldn't get into it.

I'll be generous and give it a 7/10 cause Rockwell was pretty damn funny in this.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
The first half was fun, but once they get to the desert, the movie started to lose me. I thought the Rockwell character was too much, even though the performance was good. Walken was the standout for me.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
The first half was fun, but once they get to the desert, the movie started to lose me. I thought the Rockwell character was too much, even though the performance was good. Walken was the standout for me.
totally agree
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Walken was deserving of an Oscar nomination IMO. He was fantastic. I liked this movie when I originally saw it, but had reservations. However, this is one of those movies where the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Very good movie. Much better than the overrated In Bruges.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 AM
My second favorite movie of the year after Django Unchained. Loved everything about it, especially Walken as you can tell by my avatar. 10/10
Old 05-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I thought that seeing it at TIFF Midnight Madness with an incredible crowd might have inflated my liking of the film, but I recently caught it again on Blu-ray and it is just as great as I remember it being. It's not just funny, but also incredibly smart and well-written. It's kind of like Adaptation meets In Bruges. The graveyard scene is legendary (I've never seen a crowd so into a film as during this scene).
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Yep watched it again over the weekend and loved it, again. 9/10 my fifth favorite from last year.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Awesome!

Seven Psychopaths is sick. I love this movie. I also love Colin Farrell so really any movie he is in, I would watch.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I will say this, I thought the opening scene was great. Good to see the Boardwalk Empire boys in movies.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I thought Walken was the best part of the movie. The movie itself was okay, but nowhere near as good as In Bruges.

I also gave it a 7/10 because I thought the performances were fun and worth watching.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I thought Walken was the best part of the movie. The movie itself was okay, but nowhere near as good as In Bruges.

I also gave it a 7/10 because I thought the performances were fun and worth watching.
I've moved my rating up to a 7/10 since the first time I saw it. It's mainly the ending that's a problem for me now. The ending verges on cohesion and satisfaction, but it's a near miss. It's just missing that extra something.

I loved In Bruges much more.