Old 11-02-2002, 02:37 AM
What is "ENR Process" ?

I heard it has something to do with cinmatography or a 'quality' of the picture, I might be wrong...does anyone know?
Old 11-02-2002, 03:10 AM
It could stand for "Electronic Noise Reduction", which cleans up the picture and gets rid of grain, scratches, etc.

In what context did you see this phrase? Was it an older restored film?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
It could stand for "Electronic Noise Reduction", which cleans up the picture and gets rid of grain, scratches, etc.

In what context did you see this phrase? Was it an older restored film?
Well, thank you! I heard Dominic Sena say it when talkin about Swordfish
Old 11-02-2002, 11:22 PM
My pleasure. "Swordfish", huh? Sounds like they might have had some bad film stock on that shoot. When that happens, the footage is usually cleaned up in post-production using ENR.

I asked my boss about your query after I read it, and he assumed you were referring to an old classic or b&w movie. The ENR process is used to restore old movies for re-release.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:57 AM
Thanks again! I've been wondering about this since the day he said it!!! It was in June of 2001 Thanky uo soo much for explaining.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:17 PM
I was searching for information on ENR when I saw this thread. It's 10 years later now. But I still want to mention that ENR is not Electronic Noise Reduction.
ENR is short for Emesto Novelli Rimo, a staff at Technicolor in Rome who invented ENR. It's a special film developing technique similar to the effect of bleach-bypass, but more controllable. It's invented for Vittorio Storaro in 1981 for the film "Red" and later used in every film of his. It also appeared in Saving Private Ryan, Fall and many other famous film.