Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Politics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
I'm not entirely sure if you're in your right state of mind when you post here (no pun intended), but it's hard to take you seriously. When you say "you" I assume you're referring to Democrats (something I am not). And to compare Rush Limbaugh to Jon Stewart is a ridiculous comparison, I'm sorry. And if you call continually pointing at Democrats as an oblivious group who simply want to defend their "hero", then proceeding to say they want to skin you alive and throw you into a volcano, as meeting them halfway, I can only imagine what you'd call fully supporting them
What state? The United States of America. lol You can assume all you want. And yes both Stewart and Limbaugh are entertainers. If they happen to talk about politics then good for them. But at least you believe my metaphor is far off base. That's a relief.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
My first post in this thread simply explained the three 'scandals' you posted and how they really don't amount to anything very scandalous. It wasn't about you.

In my second post I made no mention of you, I said that Republicans are disingenuous with the AP attacks because they would do the same thing if they were in power (and already have done similar things in the past). You immediately respond with 'Well I'm not a Republican...' I never called you a Republican. Once again, it wasn't about you. You simply made it about yourself, and now you're turning around going 'when did this become all about me?!'

So congratulations, this thread is now all about you because you made it happen.
Well that's your tactic not mine. You're the one who threw the first stone by mentioning me and nothing about the subject(s). Draw any attention away to issue and point to and vilify the messenger especially with those ad hominem arguments. Otherwise I would just say, "Not surprising coming from someone who thinks a medical company's years and risk of drug research and development doesn't belong to that company. So your opinion right or wrong about the subject at hand doesn't matter." lol That good guy vs bad guy narrative does work well for you guys I have to admit. Hey do what you gotta do if all you care about is winning. But I don't care about winning I care about right or wrong. In the case of change well it seems the more things change the more they remain the same.

Last edited by creekin111; 05-18-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Old 05-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of telling someone to come up with their own stuff when doing the exact opposite directly above. I brought it back on topic, explaining how these stories are overblown and you took it as something addressed to you personally (which it wasn't).

And jesus, for all us big terrible liberals we never pulled out the victim card this much. The slightest form of resistance has you crowing about how you're a martyr.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Well I'll let others take over for a while if they wanted to add anything or respond to anything else someone has posted. Because this is just going round and round like it has for the past few posts.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-in...-politics.html
Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Yeah it is ridiculous, the liberals will come and defend it or make jokes of it by posting videos of liberals from comedy central and treat it like it is fact. But, its a gross abuse of power in the IRS case and then at the very least criminal negligence in the Benghazi case. Imagine if this was a Republican administration who did these things there would be an outrage by liberals across the country, but because it is the liberals who are in power it is okay to abuse power. The main stream media is a fucking joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRTUdo5V84

If by mainstream you meant cable news networks, fine and dandy. But since this video unloads on the IRS, I'd say the late night comedy shows are doing a better job of being unbiased than the cable news networks. So let's be a little more open and honest before spouting rhetoric about the TV hosts looking for a few laughs.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:33 AM
The IRS fucked up, however it is not really a White House scandal. Among incompetence and poor management (from your IRS??? Absolutely no way!) but it's an excellent scandal.

E-mail, the AP issue really should be a wake-up call not just in how much Obama's administration has become squashing whistleblowers/leaks, but it is disingenuous with the Republicans since they have been pretty aggressive about stopping leaks.

In any event it's become apparent there are no real 'scandalous' ties to Obama or his administration on this.
my blog