Old 05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I did see it. He didn't seem too enthusiastic or hopeful about a future with the Clippers, I agree! Which is a shame, cuz I have always hadda soft spot for the paper clips!

I'll bet Del Negro is out as head coach next year as well. I know the Grizzlies are good, but dropping 4 straight? And hardly playing JCrawford in that 6th game? Unacceptable Vinnie!

Outside of the Bulls/Miami series, the rest of the Playoffs don't interest me at all. We'll probably getta OKC/Spurs WCF and a Miami/New York ECF. Though admittedly it would be fun to see those two teams go at it again for the first time in forever in the post-season!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Well I've gotta say that was a fantastic win by the Bulls IN Miami! Good for them!

I was disappointed that the Warriors couldn't win their double OT game against the San Antonio Shit-heads! Hoping they'll be able to steal game 2!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
It's been talked about all year how Blake & Deandre (who are BFFs) don't like CP3 at all, and the feeling is mutual. They're a mess, and CP3 is absolutely leaving. Probably to Miami. Just kill me now.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
It's been talked about all year how Blake & Deandre (who are BFFs) don't like CP3 at all, and the feeling is mutual. They're a mess, and CP3 is absolutely leaving. Probably to Miami. Just kill me now.
Wow, if that's what ends up happening.... That's fucking ridiculous. "No, we DON'T like arguably the best PG in the league, feeding us for lobs, dunks and ridiculously awesome assists!" - What a pair of twats!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Probably to Miami.
They can't possibly have the cap room for that can they?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM
A good win for the Grizz last night to even up their series. It's always a better series to watch when the road team can steal home court advantage!

And am I the only one who couldn't give two shits about the Pacers/Knicks series? Who fucking cares?!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
They can't possibly have the cap room for that can they?
No, but teams are allowed to sign-and-trade for one more year (I think this is the last year for that loophole). I don't see how Miami can swing a deal, though, as they'd have to give up a max contract guy for Paul, and I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul and Dwight try to team together somewhere. Maybe Dallas?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Helluva game between the Heat & Bulls last night. Mohammed pushing James to the floor was a lot of fun to watch! I mean I respect the hell outta James' game and shit.... But seeing that freight train of a guy getting pushed down like a toddler by someone bigger than him? Hilarious!

It's quite obvious that Miami's the better team. If Deng, Rose & Hinrich were all healthy, this fucker would go 7 games and I'd question if the Heat would be able to advance. But given the fact those 3 guys are out? I bet Miami wins the next 2 in a row.

Disappointed to see GSW lose at home. It's pretty apparent that San Antonio's not the team they once were, even if they are still good. If the Warriors can win the next game at home, this thing could potentially go 7 games.

I don't really give too much of a shit about the Knicks/Pacers or Grizzlies/Thunder series.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Anyone see that CP3 interview? I have a feeling that he won't sign with the Clippers. When Blake Griffin is your second best player, you're probably not going to go deep in the playoffs. I don't know where else he would go though.
He's leaving, I really think. That trade rumor Stephen A. made up with the Clips & Celtics might sway him a little, but it's not happening.

A couple important points being made about where he'll go:

Word is he loves LA. If (and this is hugely unlikely) the Lakers amnestied Kobe and traded Pau, they could get Dwight and CP3 at near max deals.

More likely... Dallas or Houston. They're both appealing because of Texas tax laws (so money is worth more there, essentially). Cuban's a players' owner. Dirk would be perfect alongside CP3 and they could sign some other solid FAs.

Houston has one great player in Harden and smart people in charge, so that has to be appealing as well.

And of course... the Knicks. Who can absolutely afford him. Don't even say Raymond Felton. They can keep Melo & Chandler, sign CP3, weather Amar'e's contract... that's a pretty good starting point even if they lose everyone else.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
It's quite obvious that Miami's the better team. If Deng, Rose & Hinrich were all healthy, this fucker would go 7 games and I'd question if the Heat would be able to advance. But given the fact those 3 guys are out? I bet Miami wins the next 2 in a row.
I don't think it would matter much, honestly. Lebron & Wade played as poorly as they ever do these days in Game 3, the Bulls played just about the best game they are capable of, and they still lost.

If Rose was playing, Robinson and Gallo wouldn't be getting the shots and points they are now. Robinson has played better in this series than Rose did against them two years ago. Obviously the extra bodies would help, but it wouldn't swing this series.

I love what they've done to this point, but I don't think the Bulls compete much the next two games. The only interesting thing is how crazy it will get in game 5 once the Bulls know they're beaten... they might legitimately try to hurt some people.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
A couple important points being made about where he'll go:

Word is he loves LA. If (and this is hugely unlikely) the Lakers amnestied Kobe and traded Pau, they could get Dwight and CP3 at near max deals.

More likely... Dallas or Houston. They're both appealing because of Texas tax laws (so money is worth more there, essentially). Cuban's a players' owner. Dirk would be perfect alongside CP3 and they could sign some other solid FAs.

Houston has one great player in Harden and smart people in charge, so that has to be appealing as well.

And of course... the Knicks. Who can absolutely afford him. Don't even say Raymond Felton. They can keep Melo & Chandler, sign CP3, weather Amar'e's contract... that's a pretty good starting point even if they lose everyone else.
Lakers won't amnesty Kobe for Paul because once he's amnestied, he loses his Bird rights. The only reason they might do it is to save on the luxury tax, with the intention of resigning him after next year, but they wouldn't be able to do that if they take on another max deal. If they amnesty him now and sign Paul, they're basically saying goodbye to the 2nd best player in the history of the franchise and not letting him leave on his own terms. No way they do that.

I also don't think Houston wants Paul. Morey has said many times that assists are the most overrated statistic in basketball, and he wants his guards to be able to attack. He has 2 guards that do that quite effectively, so I don't see a huge investment in Paul. Houston has all their eggs in the Dwight Howard basket.

I can see Dallas. Cuban missed out on a few PGs last summer, so you know he'll take a shot. I don't see how the Knicks can afford it. I think they already used their amnesty clause, they have no major contracts coming off the books, and they have no asset that would make a sign and trade possible (unless it's a 3-way and someone still thinks Amar'e doesn't suck).

I think Paul ends up in Dallas or staying with the Clips.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Good to see GSW even up the series in OT yesterday! Now back to San Antonio, where it's not outside the realm of possibility that they can win another one!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM
The Bulls and the Knicks are capitulating pretty hard right now.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 AM
Am I the only one who would love to see a Grizzlies/Warriors Western Conference Finals?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:04 PM
http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/5/18...his-ankle-foot

It's a fan blog that tried to find the bright side, but I think this points even mroe toward KG retiring. Pierce will be gone and they won't be competing for a ring next year, so unless he's willing to move (which I don't think he is), makes sense to hang it up. We'll see.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/5/18...his-ankle-foot

It's a fan blog that tried to find the bright side, but I think this points even mroe toward KG retiring. Pierce will be gone and they won't be competing for a ring next year, so unless he's willing to move (which I don't think he is), makes sense to hang it up. We'll see.
Why do you say Pierce will be gone? You think he's retiring? Or wanting to go to another team? I really think Truth should retire a Celtic.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Why do you say Pierce will be gone? You think he's retiring? Or wanting to go to another team? I really think Truth should retire a Celtic.
The team wants to cut him loose -- google around, even he doesn't think he'll be back. They can pay him $15 million next year (which is certainly more than he's worth) or buy him out/waive him for $5 mil. They shopped him this year around the deadline. It's probably the smart move, but I'm not sure they'll make it -- Pierce is as well-liked by his fanbase as anybody. If they trade him to a contender for cheaper pieces they can probably get away with it. We'll see though.

The interesting part with KG is that if KG feels like they treat Pierce poorly, it's much more likely that he moves to a contender next year.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Whatta fucking shame. They should both retire as Celtics this off-season and let Ainge rebuild around Rondo. I don't wanna see either of them in a new uniform next year.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Whatta fucking shame. They should both retire as Celtics this off-season and let Ainge rebuild around Rondo. I don't wanna see either of them in a new uniform next year.
They don't owe Ainge or the team anything, and clearly the team feels no loyalty for them... that's not how the NBA works. And it works both ways: the Celtics should buy Pierce out, hope KG retires, and start to rebuild.

Pierce can definitely still play, although his role is a little goofy so it would need to be a very particular fit. With KG, the injuries he's battling start to become a quality-of-life-after-retiring thing. That's what he's thinking through.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
They don't owe Ainge or the team anything, and clearly the team feels no loyalty for them... that's not how the NBA works. And it works both ways: the Celtics should buy Pierce out, hope KG retires, and start to rebuild.

Pierce can definitely still play, although his role is a little goofy so it would need to be a very particular fit. With KG, the injuries he's battling start to become a quality-of-life-after-retiring thing. That's what he's thinking through.
No, I get it. But the team owes Pierce for all he's done for the franchise and should give him whatever it takes to keep him & retire a Celtic. But I know that's not how the NBA works. I get it, trust me I do. As a long-time Celtics fan and a huge fan of PP34's, I don't want to see him in another uniform. He should be just be done. They got their ring, 1 is better than none!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Give me a Miami/San Antonio NBA Finals. I wanna watch the Heat beat the shit outta the Spurs!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Indy in 6.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Indy in 6.
Not happening. Though a Pacers/Grizzlies Finals would be interesting!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Not happening. Though a Pacers/Grizzlies Finals would be interesting!
I know you hate the Spurs, dude, but how much have you watched them this year? They are easily the most exciting of the remaining teams to watch. The Grizz never have more than three offensive threats on the floor at once, much like the Pacers. I get that people hate Miami and SA, but do we really want to see a Pacers/Grizz finals, with games having a TOTAL score around 130? Oy.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Quote:
I know you hate the Spurs, dude, but how much have you watched them this year? They are easily the most exciting of the remaining teams to watch. The Grizz never have more than three offensive threats on the floor at once, much like the Pacers. I get that people hate Miami and SA, but do we really want to see a Pacers/Grizz finals, with games having a TOTAL score around 130? Oy.
I've only seen a handful of Spurs playoff games. Granted they're not the same nasty-ass bastard bastard team they once were.... But no, Miami is far more exciting to watch than San Antonio is.

Take tonight's ECF Game 1 for example. LBJ notching a triple-double and getting the last second layup for the win. I actually believe it'll be a Spurs/Heat Finals matchup, and I can see the Heat repeating as Champions in 6.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 AM
I admit when I'm right, and I admit when I'm wrong.

First, the "wrong" part. Even though I didn't post it here, I thought after that tough Game 1 loss, the Pacers would fold and Miami would cruise to relatively easy 5 game victory. Boy was I wrong about that. Glad to see Indy still fighting. I don't think they can win this series without Granger (too many long stretches of poor offense) but they're gonna fight Miami throughout.

As for something I'm hopefully right about, I've felt all along (and have posted here) that the Spurs were the best team in the West. They're playing great basketball and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Miami in the Finals. Now they're one win away from getting back.

Tony Parker - most underrated player of all time
Tim Duncan - already the best PF ever... now, vying with Kobe for Best of his Era
Manu Ginobili - great to see his game transform. Has just become a brilliant table setter
Kawhi Leonard - biggest difference between this year's team and last year's are him and Splitter. They're not afraid of the big stage any more, and Leonard is managing to contribute in more creative ways.

If Pop puts on a coaching clinic vs. Spoelstra (like Carlisle did 2 years ago) don't be surprised if the Spurs take down the Heat.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:02 AM
LeBron and Wade are just too good and too young for the Spurs to take down. I know it's all about match-ups, etc. but yeah. I look forward to a Miami/San Antonio Finals! Boy how disappointing has Memphis been?!?!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Not muchuva fuckin' game tonight. Miami up now 2-1. We're on the fast track to a Heat/Spurs Finals, friends!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
LeBron and Wade are just too good and too young for the Spurs to take down. I know it's all about match-ups, etc. but yeah. I look forward to a Miami/San Antonio Finals! Boy how disappointing has Memphis been?!?!
I never, ever understood why anyone thought Memphis had a remote chance of beating the Spurs this year. In the first two rounds they played a massively dysfunctional team who were not getting along (the Clips) and a team who had no idea of their identity (a Westbrook-less OKC). Add the fact that those are quite possibly the two worst coached teams in the league (neither ran a, you know, play at any point against Memphis), and you really couldn't set up a worse group of teams to play to prepare for San Antonio: a team who knows exactly who they are and run their sets as well as any team in league history. On their worst night the Spurs could still score with Memphis, and Memphis struggles to do that on their best night. Oy. Sad, but not shocking that the Spurs are making such easy work of it.

And really... the Spurs are the younger team than Miami! Their starters and their bench are both on average younger than Miami's by a fairly significant margin. Yes, the top 3 stars for Miami are a bit younger, but Parker and Ginobli have been far better than Bosh and Wade all playoffs, so who would you really want right now?

Do I think SA will beat Miami? No, I don't. I don't think they have much of a chance, honestly, because of Lebron and Lebron only. Miami played about as poorly as they can play (other than Bron) in the first two games and nearly won them both. Their non-stars didn't hit any 3's in those games either! SA will absolutely run their stuff and get easy points, and they will certainly be the toughest opponent the Heat have faced. There will be good games, but I honestly don't see it going very long. It will be much like the Bulls and Pacers series for Miami -- the Spurs will win/nearly win one of the first two and the media will start talking like it could happen... and the Heat will win in 5.

Again, oy.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Do I think SA will beat Miami? No, I don't. I don't think they have much of a chance, honestly, because of Lebron and Lebron only. Miami played about as poorly as they can play (other than Bron) in the first two games and nearly won them both. Their non-stars didn't hit any 3's in those games either! SA will absolutely run their stuff and get easy points, and they will certainly be the toughest opponent the Heat have faced. There will be good games, but I honestly don't see it going very long. It will be much like the Bulls and Pacers series for Miami -- the Spurs will win/nearly win one of the first two and the media will start talking like it could happen... and the Heat will win in 5.
Hm... As much as I hate the Spurs, I can't argue with how good they've been this year, all year and into the playoffs. However I think they're better than to get beat in 5 games. While I believe the Heat are the better team, I also think that series may go 6 or 7 honestly.

I'm not excited at all about this years' NBA Finals. I miss the Lakers/Celtics going at it... Though I AM looking forward to seeing San Antonio get their asses beat by Miami!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Wade are just too good and too young for the Spurs to take down.

No. Wade is well past his prime, and really can't be mentioned as a reason the Heat will beat the Spurs. I still think Indy has this series (really should have won game 1 - their chances were obviously hurt after losing that one in OT), but if Miami makes it, there's no way they're taking down San Anton. Spoelstra will just embarrass himself against Pop. The only way they beat SA is if Lebron is otherwordly throughout the series, and simply beats them himself. I could see him doing it maybe once or twice, but not 4 times. I'm really surprised how much people are overrating this Heat team.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Quote:
No. Wade is well past his prime, and really can't be mentioned as a reason the Heat will beat the Spurs. I still think Indy has this series (really should have won game 1 - their chances were obviously hurt after losing that one in OT), but if Miami makes it, there's no way they're taking down San Anton. Spoelstra will just embarrass himself against Pop. The only way they beat SA is if Lebron is otherwordly throughout the series, and simply beats them himself. I could see him doing it maybe once or twice, but not 4 times. I'm really surprised how much people are overrating this Heat team.
We'll see, we'll see!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
I sincerely hope you're right, my friend. I think Miami has given up the opportunity to call themselves an all-time great team given as many games as they've already lost, considering who they've lost to. Lebron has certainly had one of (perhaps the best) seasons ever, and none of this is a knock on him.

If the Spurs win the whole thing? My goodness. Duncan & Pop jump to top-5 of their fields. It'd be fairly incredible.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
. The only way they beat SA is if Lebron is otherwordly throughout the series, and simply beats them himself. I could see him doing it maybe once or twice, but not 4 times. I'm really surprised how much people are overrating this Heat team.
I agree that the Spurs are a better team, but as you said, Lebron can do things no one else can do. The question is: is he so good that his abilities transcend logical basketball thought (that the best overall team should win) because he can singlehandedly dominate an entire series?

It's happened before. Wade in 2006 is the most recent example of a superstar single-handedly carrying an inferior team to a title, and Lebron is way better than Wade ever was. However, I don't think Pop will allow one guy to beat him.

Will be a fun series if it happens.

Quote:
If the Spurs win the whole thing? My goodness. Duncan & Pop jump to top-5 of their fields. It'd be fairly incredible.
Pop, yes. But Duncan would depend on how he performs. And when you say top-5 in his field, do you mean players or big men (can't mean forwards, because he's already there)?

Last edited by Darth Kenshin; 05-29-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Pop, yes. But Duncan would depend on how he performs. And when you say top-5 in his field, do you mean players or big men (can't mean forwards, because he's already there)?
He's undeniably the starting PF on the all-time roster, so in that sense he's already top 5. I think he gets top 5 overall IF he gets rings and Finals MVPs 14 years apart. That's just insane.

And I agree that it depends on performance... but I also think there's no way they can win the Finals unless he's great, if that makes sense. If Ginobes or TP get hot, Bron can slow them down. TD has to be great to give them a chance.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
He's undeniably the starting PF on the all-time roster, so in that sense he's already top 5. I think he gets top 5 overall IF he gets rings and Finals MVPs 14 years apart. That's just insane.

And I agree that it depends on performance... but I also think there's no way they can win the Finals unless he's great, if that makes sense. If Ginobes or TP get hot, Bron can slow them down. TD has to be great to give them a chance.
Won't disagree with you there.

I personally believe that, in some order, the 4 greatest players are Kareem, Russell, Jordan, and Magic. Then, I feel there's a slight gap before the next bunch of guys. Duncan, in my opinion, is in that next bunch, along with Bird, Chamberlain, Kobe, and West. If he wins another ring, he can certainly be considered a top 5 player. I don't think he gets to that super-upper echelon, but he might be the next best thing.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 AM
I knew this Miami/Pacers series was going 7 games after game 1. I am confident Miami can win the series at home on Monday. If they don't? I'll not bother watching the Finals and will be done with the NBA til the end of Oct!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 PM
So tonight we've got Game 7, where hopefully Miami will win. Because really, who wants to watch a Pacers/Spurs Finals, anyway?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Calling it now: Miami in 4!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Calling it now: Miami in 4!
you really think they're going to sweep the Spurs, who have been there and done that, after being pushed to 7 by the Pacers?

My prediction: Spurs in 6.

I was 2.2 seconds from being right with my Indy in 6 pick, damn.