Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Phenomenal write-up regarding Larry Clark’s KIDS (1995)

http://narrative.ly/keep-calm-and-ca...nds-never-die/

Stumbled across this a few days ago and wanted to share as I personally found it to be one of the best pieces written about any film I’ve had the pleasure to read. This basically covers the entire history that led to the making of the film, the early 90’s skater subculture that inspired the film, all told by members of the cast (where are they now updates included) who reflect on where they were back then among many other interesting tidbits. No matter what your opinion of this film is (it has to be one of the top 10, possibly 5 most polarizing films of all time) I think you’ll find it a rather fascinating read. It’s a long one, but well worth your time.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
I've only seen Kids once and that was a long time ago. Several of the scenes, particularly at the beginning and end, are hard to forget. It was a very thought-provoking movie and while I didn't read the entire article (about half), it was interesting reading about how the movie was made and by who.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the link Hannibal. I'll definitely give it a read a little later.

RIP to Justin Pierce (aka Casper). So sad that he killed himself.