Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Here's another:

I'm kinda disappointed to see the quality of these boards deteriorate the past 3+ years or so. And it's not the topics or the format I'm referring to, but more the lack of respect a few fellow Schmoe's here have shown towards others.

I'm not going to act all innocent and what not, while I've at times wanted nothing more than to lash out in personal profanity-filled attacks towards a few, I've always taken care not to do so, despite myself. In other words, I've followed the rules and have made sure not to blatantly or directly insult those who I've had issues with.

The "pet peeve" comes in when others completely disregard all of that and go right for the jugular from the get go. It's totally NOT what this place was founded upon and it's quite disappointing and annoying.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
^^^

I think the main problem there is that you have some schmoes who are saying disgusting things without making a direct insult toward another schmoe, and then schmoes who are fed up end up lashing out. In other words, you can disparage an entire race or class of people and have no consequences, but if you call someone an idiot for doing that, you get banned. It's a little backwards. THC just got banned for calling someone out, which I think is ridiculous. When I was around 14 or 15 and being a complete troll asshole, I said some pretty dumb shit on here and guys like THC kept me in line. I've always been appreciative of that because it made me focus more on discussing movies (what the forum is for) and less on stirring shit up.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
^^^

I think the main problem there is that you have some schmoes who are saying disgusting things without making a direct insult toward another schmoe, and then schmoes who are fed up end up lashing out. In other words, you can disparage an entire race or class of people and have no consequences, but if you call someone an idiot for doing that, you get banned. It's a little backwards. THC just got banned for calling someone out, which I think is ridiculous. When I was around 14 or 15 and being a complete troll asshole, I said some pretty dumb shit on here and guys like THC kept me in line. I've always been appreciative of that because it made me focus more on discussing movies (what the forum is for) and less on stirring shit up.
Yeah, I will agree with you. I think bashing celebrities is one thing. But bashing entire races of people, or gender, etc. is another for sure. It is kinda backwards, come to think of it.

I did like The Heart Collector, he was a smart/opinionated guy and I don't feel he shoulda been banned either, honestly. But rules are rules I suppose. And if you can tow the line, you get to stay it seems.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 AM
One thing l hate people doing is spitting on the ground it is such a dirty habit
Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Only some of them
If you anwsered honestly by saying yes you wouldn't be hurting my feelings. I'm Italian so I don't give a shit either way.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 06-07-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
If you anwsered honestly by saying yes you wouldn't be hurting my feelings. I'm Italian so I don't a shit either way.
Who ever said that I was being honest in the first place
Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Well said Mr of War, this is my pet peeve for the whole of December.
Do you mean Christmas time?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Mr of War have,y have you had a name change
Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 PM

bump

I was at this mall today doing a little shopping for some new shoes and some hats and everywhere I walked those stupid fucking assholes that operate their stupid little kiosks would bug me and ask me if I wanted to try their free sample or buy a phone or try their hand lotion.

DEAR FUCKING GOD LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!! AHHHHHHH!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM
When certain posters make an untimely return to wreak havoc on the forums.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Members who think its so horrible here because there are people who don't fall in lock step with their ideology. Then get butthurt when one of their buddies gets banned for directly insulting other members and insult those who run this board. Stop posting here then. Also using the race card and accusing others of bannable offenses without proof, reason or logic.

Last edited by creekin111; 06-07-2013 at 04:19 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Obvious trolls who last WAY too long before finally being banned!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Members who think its so horrible here because there are people who don't fall in lock step with their ideology. Then get butthurt when one of their buddies gets banned for directly insulting other members and insult those who run this board. Stop posting here then. Also using the race card and accusing others of bannable offenses without proof, reason or logic.
Dang we have the same pet peeves that is one of my biggies as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Dang we have the same pet peeves that is one of my biggies as well.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Mr of War have,y have you had a name change
hope you have a good run with that new name change bandgurl. Oops I mean Angela.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Old 01-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Those stupid shirts/hoodies with skeleton bones printed on the front of them, just as bad are the shirts with a tuxedo front, keep dreaming kid, you'll never own a suit.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknge89 View Post
Those stupid shirts/hoodies with skeleton bones printed on the front of them, just as bad are the shirts with a tuxedo front, keep dreaming kid, you'll never own a suit.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Man, a lot of people are easily annoyed with some of these pet peeves.

I don't have many myself. Just a few. I don't mind sharing my soda with my family but I get really annoyed when they forget to put the 2 liter bottle back in the fridge.

Also, I don't know if this is necessarily a pet peeve but anytime I see a pen without the cap on, I have to put the cap back on it. I guess that's the OCD-ish part of me.

My DVD's and Blu-Ray's being treated like shit and not being put back in it's case when people are done watching them.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:28 AM
radio dj's that keep on talking when the song starts
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Vertical video syndrome.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Vertical video syndrome.

explain please
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
THC just got banned for calling someone out, which I think is ridiculous. When I was around 14 or 15 and being a complete troll asshole, I said some pretty dumb shit on here and guys like THC kept me in line. I've always been appreciative of that because it made me focus more on discussing movies (what the forum is for) and less on stirring shit up.
I had no idea THC got banned. But, honestly, as long as I've been on these boards (almost ten years), I always thought he was one of the biggest, shit-stirring assholes around here. I can't believe it took as long as it did for him to get banned.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
explain please
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149514
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Who was THC? and also, why did pooponmyshoes get banned many many months ago? He was a cool guy as far as I could tell.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Who was THC? and also, why did pooponmyshoes get banned many many months ago? He was a cool guy as far as I could tell.
THC = The Heart Collector

As for Poop, I don't know. I think a lot of people have been banned in the past for sending nasty private messages, so we never know exactly what they said to get banned.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Yeah, and the last post (I think) that he did was wayyyyyy out of left field and not something I would expect from him. I don't remember what it was about but I think it was personally insulting another member. Completely random.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:36 PM
People who wear those fucking "Obey" shirts. I mean, really?!?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
when this happens.