Old 11-16-2001, 06:39 PM
Reviews: The Replacements

JoBlo's 6/10 review of THE REPLACEMENTS can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/replacements.htm
Your past movie reviews from May 1998 - November 2001 can be found there as well.

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning from the board. A second warning and you will be banned altogether. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points.

In order for others to know whether or not you would recommend the movie, please click on the desired icon of your choice when posting:

Recommended =
Not recommended =
In the middle =
Old 08-24-2002, 04:12 PM
THE REPLACEMENTS

Starring: Keanua Reeves
Gene Hackman

PLOT: Real football players go on strike... so coaches recruit these guys who have played before (not the pros) to play in their place...

REVIEW: This movie is okay. It kept me entertained... which is really all that matters. The jokes were funny, the screenplay okay, and hell, the story was pretty damn good.

MANIAC: 7.7/10
Old 04-15-2003, 05:40 AM
This movie is by far nothing original; I just caught the premiere on TBS. I mean the has-beens, never weres, and basically losers coming together under a head coach and beating the odds has been done for almost every sport in a movie.

But I like these movies; they make you feel all good inside and warm and cuddly, okay maybe I went too far there, but nevertheless I still like them. Yes there is the stereotypical problems: wide receiver who can't catch worth a damn, a little ethnic/racial tension, and the team leader who's afraid to lead. But these writers still manage to come up with some pretty original ideas. The deaf tight end took me by suprise.

And plus, with Gene Hackman as the coach, it reminded me of my favorite sports movie: Hoosiers.

Coupla of other good notes about this: Jon Favreau as an overdetermined defender, the replacement players who are packing heat, and strippers as cheerleaders (KICKASS!)

Again, nothing new here, but if you like these feel good movies about sports with plenty of laughs - watch it.

7/10