Old 04-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Stepmom 8/10

I re-watched this movie today because I found it in the attic. So I said, why not. So I popped it into my VCR. I forgot a lot of this movie, and I forgot how said it really was, and how funny it was. The acting was great, the girl who played Anna did a wonder job, Julia Roberts and Susan Suranden were really good to, and so was Ed Harris.
I could go on and on about how touching and good this movie is but I don't think I should!

Acting- B+
Script- B
Overall Grade- 8/10 or a A-
Old 04-07-2003, 04:55 PM
I dig this little family drama too. One of Chris Columbus' best. It is not very original, but it always brings a tear to my eye. Julia Roberts, Susan Saradon, and Ed Harris all give good performances, with Sarandon's bordering on amazing. Overall, it is not great, but I still enjoy it quite a bit.

8/10 or 7/10.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Stepmom is a very enjoyable comedy/drama with great performances from Roberts, Sarandon and Jena Malone. My favorite thing about it though is the soundtrack - I just love that scene where they're all singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". 7/10
Old 04-15-2003, 06:58 PM
I've watched this movie a few times and enjoyed it all the times I saw it. Though some scenes were just painful to sit through - like the scene with the Pearl Jam tickets. Sarandon's character seemed a bitch at the start but by the end I really liked her. Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon were great in this movie, and so was Jena Malone, who stole the film in many parts.

7/10
Old 04-18-2003, 04:58 AM
Old 04-18-2003, 01:50 PM
i thought it was a pretty good movie...........7/10
Old 04-18-2003, 07:30 PM
movies35, what was the point of posting the poster? You could at least tell us a though, rating...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by urbanlegend23
movies35, what was the point of posting the poster? You could at least tell us a though, rating...
Well if you read the first post, you would see my rating.

8/10