Old 06-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Catcher In The Rye

We just finished reading this book in my Lit class, and I have to say that, out of the books we've read (The Crucible, Scarlet Letter, Grapes Of Wrath, Catcher In The Rye), this one is by far the best.

It's a great book. I love the fact that Caulfield is portrayed like a normal teen. The Book is even written like it's being told by a teenager. The psychological aspects of the book are also really cool. I like how it seems that Caulfield is mature for his age, and yet immature at the same time. I can relate to the character on many levels, with the obvious emotional problems being the only exception. But I didn't realize till today that all of his problems were caused by his brother's death.

Great read, and one of the best books I've ever had to read for school. I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes to read.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:55 PM
I'd reccomend this book to anyone with a pulse.

This is my favorite book of all time, I've read it the whole thing at least 10 times, and I leaf through it all the time. READ THIS BOOK!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Re: Catcher In The Rye

Quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Babbit
I can relate to the character on many levels

Great read, and one of the best books I've ever had to read for school. I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes to read.
Ah yes, that is the unanimous verdict on this amazing book. Shit, a first edition would be awesome to have.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Re: Re: Catcher In The Rye

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimX
Ah yes, that is the unanimous verdict on this amazing book. Shit, a first edition would be awesome to have.
No kidding. My copy's from 1962, and I feel damn lucky.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:18 PM
I had to read this book in my english class and i didn't think it was that good at all. I thought it stunck actually. And most other people I have talked to about this book have mixed reactions about it. There are some parts that are good and others that are just horrible.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:50 PM
how can you like Fight CLub, but not Catcher in the Rye? i guess it coudl work the other way, but it's hard to see someone who likes Fight Club not like Catcher in the Rye.

But that's prob just cause ones my fav movie, and the others my favorite novel.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:55 AM
parts of the book were okay, but i'm not a big book reader.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:53 AM
My favorite book of all time, I have to buy another copy because of how out of shape my first is from reading it too many times. I love the meaning behind the book, the wonderfully honest, realistically written character of Holden, and even the title (I love when they use little deails and/or symbolism as the title). I can read this a thouand times and never get bored.