Old 11-16-2001, 06:22 PM
Reviews: eXistenZ

JoBlo's 8/10 review of eXistenZ can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/existenz.htm
Your past movie reviews from May 1998 - November 2001 can be found there as well.

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning from the board. A second warning and you will be banned altogether. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points.

In order for others to know whether or not you would recommend the movie, please click on the desired icon of your choice when posting:

Recommended =
Not recommended =
In the middle =
Old 11-16-2001, 06:36 PM
It's a decent movie, but pales in comparison to Cronenberg's earlier "Videodrome," a far superior film. Jennifer Jason Leigh is good, but I couldn't care about the other characters. Overall, it's like a low-rent version of "The Matrix."

6/10.

[This message has been edited by Cyclonus (edited 11-16-2001).]
Old 06-20-2003, 06:33 AM
Existenz 8/10

David Croneburg returns to form with this nice little mind screw that points fingers at society and questions reality.

Jennifer Jason Leigh(the best actres working todayIMO) and Jude Law are perfect in this cleverly scripted film that asks how far we go for entertainment. Sure it has similarities to Videodrome but I believe it takes it all into highly original territory.

The supporting cast also bring to life pivotal charecters that provide the clues to solving the puzzle.

With Cronenburg usual imaginitive, conforntational and often border line sick visuals (teeth guns) this films delivers for me. The script is well thought out with excellent structure and every scene forwards our knowledge of this "other world". Always engaging and raising questions for me this film was fun with a capital F.

A great Sci Fi film for those tired of mindless drivel and want to be challenged by more than nifty FX.