Old 06-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Shanghai Noon

Starring: Jason Connery, Owen Wilson, Xander Berkeley, Simon Baker, Lucy Liu, Jackie Chan, Cui Ya Hi, Owen Wilson, Shayne Wyler, Roger Yuan

Director: Tom Dey
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Studio:Buena Vista International

Plot: Acrobatic Chinese Imperial Guard Chon Wang (Jackie Chan) comes to America to rescue beautiful, kidnapped Princess Pei Pei (Lucy Liu). While transporting her ransom, Chon finds himself on the train that Roy O'Bannon (Owen Wilson), an outlaw of dubious competence, plans to rob. They become unlikely partners when they face with bad Marshall Van Cleef who'd rather neither one of them make it off the train alive.

I remember when I was watching Tv (mid 2000) in the lounge and the trailer for it came on. I laughed quite a bit and really wanted to see this film. Unfortunately I didn't get to, until early 2001 when it was on the shelf to rent. I rented it out and took it home and popped it into my VCR anticipating the movie. And I was not disappointed! Ever since then, I've seen it about 6 or 7 times.

I remember expecting the film to have lots of funny lines and scenes and it delivered! Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson have great chemistry together and it really shows throughout the film. Owen Wilson delievered the funny one liners, and Jackie with the great action sequences-it's a great ride! (The bathroom scene is hilarious) Lucy Liu didn't have a huge amount of involvement but she did well in a supporting role. I don't know the name of the evil chinese dude, but he was convincing as a bad-ass motherfucker!

A near perfect film that has a good cast this is Jackie's finest film!

10/10
Old 06-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Also Shanghai Knights (8/10) is quite good. Funnier than the first but the first flows a lot better than the second.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:01 PM
10/10? Fuck, that's a high grade for a movie like this! It's cool and all though because it's like a personal favourite and I can see where you're coming from.

This movie was good, and holds up on repeated viewings. It's a lot of fun and one of the better buddy comedy movies. Since I haven't seen it in a while, I can't think of any flaws but when it comes on TV next I'll write a proper review...

8/10

I liked Shanghai Knights (7/10) as well. It was so much more far-fetched than this one, and way longer (well, I dunno if that's true but it seemed it) but just as much as fun.