Old 06-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Reviews: Dumb and Dumberer

JoBlo's 3/10 review of DUMB AND DUMBERER can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/dumbanddumberer.htm

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will be banned from the board. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points. Read our rules here.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:43 AM
I could not agree with you anymore Joblo..

What an awful piece of film... I have lost a lot of respect in New Line Cinema after this trash and The Real Cancun..

Come on guys.. Do something better..

Maybe if they had casted Carrey and Daniels, somehow, the film would have been a little bit better..

(I am being generous here) 2.5/10
Old 06-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Just got back from seeing the movie. Did i like? yes. I found it fuuny and yes dumb. I had a good time and everyone in the theater was laughing their asses off. 7/10
Old 06-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Take it for what it is: A really stupid comedy. If you go in with no expectations (like I did), you may actually enjoy yourself. This in NO WAY is as good the original, which--along with "Best in Show", "Office Space", and "...Holy Grail"--is one of my favorite comedies ever. But at least it respects it. I've seen "Dumb & Dumber" close to five hundred times; I know it like the back of my hand. And let me tell you, the two leads have mastered their roles (who knows how many times they must have watched that movie), and the relations to the first film are cute, if not already cheap jokes, anyway. I found myself laughing very hard at a few choice scenes, and found myself laughing at stuff I wish I hadn't laughed at. Eugene Levy, Bob Saget, and Cheri Oteri offer some nice roles, as well. Sure, this was a needless, pointless peice of trash. And I knew it was going to be when I went in. But, hey, I was still laughing.

Dumb & Dumber: 8/10
Dumb & Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd: A very generous 6/10
Old 06-14-2003, 03:33 AM
Really, really disliked it and the sad thing was it turned out better then i thought it would. 3/10.

Im not going to type a long bash against it because i hate talking about movies i hated to watch, id rather forget them and move on to something better.

This is probably one of the worst sequels ive ever seen, right up there with Batman and Robin and Mortal Kombat:Annilation.

Last edited by Shockwave; 06-14-2003 at 03:37 AM..
Old 06-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Dumb and Dumberer Review
http://www.reel-reviews.net

Rated PG 13 Running time 102 minutes

Directed by Troy Miller

Starring: Ertic Christian Olson, Derek Richardson, Luis Guzman, Eugene Levy, Rachel Nichols, Mimi Rogers

The prequel to Dumb and Dumber has arrived: Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Floyd. This movie may be a big surprise to everyone. Not because it will be a great movie, but because the public probably won't be that nutty over it.

In the prequel Eric Christian Olson plays Harry Christmas to Derek Richardson's Harry Dunn. Olson has come pretty close to an imitation of the part originated by Jim Carrey. He mimics Carrey's speaking patterns and some of his movements surprisingly well. Richardson is less familiar in the part originated by Jeff Daniels. His character seems almost new. I can't decide if that's an improvement or not.

While not a huge fan of the first film I will acknowledge that it achieved heights of bathroom humor never seen before. It made people laugh. They may have been laughing at all the wrong things, but so often when we laugh that is, in fact, the case.

Here the bathroom humor goes obvious, as do the sexual innuendos. In the original film Harry and Loyd were heroes, however unlikely, and we rooted for them against all probability. The prequel makes them pathetic victims. True, bad guys get their come-uppance in the end, but the boys don't really serve as vehicles for that happening. They don't triumph so much as remain cheerfully clueless of their failure.

It seems strange to be defending two of the most disgusting heroes we've seen in recent years, yet that is where this movie takes its audience. There are a few laughs-- not that many-- but no true sympathy for Floyd or Harry. Everyone uses them and they seem content to be used. The whole thing is just messy, poorly written, and sad.

On a lighter note, the theater was not packed on opening night. The crowd was almost exclusively under 25. The reactions were mild. So there may be a silver lining. The viewing public may actually realize what crap is and avoid it! Hope springs eternal.

It's rated PG 13 and there is very little harmful content, but discerning parents won't want their kids to see a movie that encourages bullying, bathroom humor, and stupidity. Nobody over 25 will want to see it. Nobody under 25 should, but they will. Hopefully not in droves. If people stay away we may get it out of the theaters and onto the waiting-for-DVD shelf where it belongs.

Last edited by moviemuffin; 06-14-2003 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Before hand i just have to say that Dumb & Dumber (10/10) is one of my favorite movies of all time. Seeing from the trailer, this flick didnt look like it had much going for it. I knew it was gonna suck, but i came out of the theater surprised. They actually managed to make this movie funny. I laughed a lot during this movie and had a good time at that too. I can see how everyone hates this movie, but if u just chillax, let the dumbness of this film ensue itself, don't take it seriously, you'll probably have a good time. Semi-solid sequel.

7/10