Old 06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Fight Club

I just finsihed this book...,

(spoilers)
does the main character actually die in the end?
(end spoilers)
Old 06-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Re: Fight Club

Quote:
Originally posted by The UserName
I just finsihed this book...,

(spoilers)
does the main character actually die in the end?
(end spoilers)

**************SPOILERS****************************

The main character ends up in mental hospital, the references to being in heaven, just ment his stage of mind.

Often people with schizophrenia have spiritual sensations, so Chuck Palahniuk was just playing with this idea.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Re: Re: Fight Club

Quote:
Originally posted by peterparker
**************SPOILERS****************************

The main character ends up in mental hospital, the references to being in heaven, just ment his stage of mind.

Often people with schizophrenia have spiritual sensations, so Chuck Palahniuk was just playing with this idea.
Where did this mental hospital theory come from? Did Palahniuk say it himself? I read the book, and I got the impression that he died. He said at the end that he died. Also, he did shoot himself in the head, like in the movie.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:35 PM
SPOILERS

read the final chapter again, it becomes fairl obvious.

he mentions god sitting beinh d adesk, with diplomas on the wall
and people wear hospital shoes and mop the halls and stuff...
Old 06-22-2003, 09:42 PM
****SPOILERS****

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

In the book I remember him saying something like he'd died or somethin. Then I got the feeling he was in the hospital. I dunno, been awhile since I've read it.

By the by, in the movie, Jack shoots himself in the cheek. If you slow down the tape/dvd, you can see the bullet ding off the cheek bone, and there's a big hole in his cheek also.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
[BBy the by, in the movie, Jack shoots himself in the cheek. If you slow down the tape/dvd, you can see the bullet ding off the cheek bone, and there's a big hole in his cheek also. [/B]
That's what I meant. He still probably would have died from it though.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:02 AM
SPOILERS

In my opinion, and I thought it was fairly obvious, he does not die but is incarcerated in he puzzle-factory. The Spacemonkeys are orderlies and they whisper to him that they are awaiting his return. Tyler dies. Perhaps that is what you are referring to. Jack, however, despite saying he has died, makes all the references to the Head of Psychiatry being God - and talking to him about his troubles.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reigh Kaufman
SPOILERS

In my opinion, and I thought it was fairly obvious, he does not die but is incarcerated in he puzzle-factory. The Spacemonkeys are orderlies and they whisper to him that they are awaiting his return. Tyler dies. Perhaps that is what you are referring to. Jack, however, despite saying he has died, makes all the references to the Head of Psychiatry being God - and talking to him about his troubles.
Okay, but how does he survive shooting himself in the mouth? Even if he missed the brain, shouldn't he have bled to death or something?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm no doctor, but I think it'd take a while to die from a cheek wound, with the bullet already gone and everything.