Old 06-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Medical Thrillers!!!

Who here likes medical thrillers?

I have just recently read the best book I have ever read called The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. I am getting ready to to read the Apprentice by her.

What are other good medical/mystery books?
Old 06-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Theres a guy called Robin Cook who has a done a stack load of medical thrillers. they are pretty good. pretty much pick one and you have a good read...
there was one that sucked, but i cant remember the name of it

but yes robin cook would be right up this alley...
Old 06-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Robin Cook's plots are good but his dialogue is excrutiatingly bad. He's not a great prose writer - but he writes entertaining thrillers. I like his books but...

Colin Andrews is a MUCH better medical thriller writer. IMPLANT is one of the most exciting medical thrillers I've read. Andrews is, in fact, a pseudonym under which F Paul Wilson writes medical thrillers.

Michael Crichton has written some good medical thrillers too. Especially A CASE OF NEED. Like Cook, his dialogue is pretty bad - but he knows how to write a thrilling story.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Mr G - I've read both The Surgeon and The Apprentice and they're both really good books!

Have you read Intensive Care by Leah Ruth Robinson? It's a few years old now but pretty good.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:27 PM
The Terminal Man by Micheal Crichton an awesome medical type thriller.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:03 PM
Check out F. Paul Wilson's med. thrillers, they are top notch.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Check out Passage by Connie Willis. And forget about the others.