Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Why do people insist on spoiling Harry Potter book 5?

I don't get it. I've seen it in MANY places where some person or other reveals a major character's fate. Not with a warning, not with anything. I had avoided these, but eventually read it on the The Onion of all places. Yeesh, what's up with that?

Why would you want to do that? I remember a lot of the same kind of thing happening with the Sixth Sense.

My answer is that the world is full of assholes.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:44 AM

You are correct, Jim! Pffft. Even I knew who died and I have no interest at all in Potter lore. So, so many assholes.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not really a big Potter fan either. I read the books, my sister (who is 24) owns them. They're worthwhile, but not like fantastically amazing. The thing you gotta watch for is the satirical little tidbits every book has that a lot of people miss.

Still though, I would NEVER spoil anything unless it was asked... It bothers me.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:03 PM
yeah, i agree with the rest of you. people spoiling books is just like someone spoiling the end of a movie. AND I HATE IT WHEN SOMEONE RUINS MY ENDINGS!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:34 AM
We should torture those people...why would anyone want to spoil ANYTHING for people? Sheesh.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:18 AM
thanks

Last edited by moviefan80113; 02-07-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-03-2003, 01:39 PM
I wasn't talking about MESSAGE BOARDS. People on the RADIO have done it out of the blue, the Onion did it out of the blue, etc etc etc.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:09 AM
I know, some people can be such assholes. Like this guy in another message board (not movie or HP related) had the name of the character who dies on his sig. I suspected that was the one who dies, but why would you have a spoiler on your signature?
Old 07-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler
I know, some people can be such assholes. Like this guy in another message board (not movie or HP related) had the name of the character who dies on his sig. I suspected that was the one who dies, but why would you have a spoiler on your signature?
If I ran a forum, that would be a temp ban... Full ban if he ever did something like that again.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:43 PM
I found out the Onion spoiler was wrong. Now I feel like a jackass for believing it, but that's the brilliance of the Onion for you.

Still haven't read it yet.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
What was the Onion spoiler? (Furthermore, what is the Onion?)
Old 07-08-2003, 11:06 PM
***HARRY POTTER 5 SEMI SPOILER***

A character dies, and the Onion said it was Hagrid, which it isn't.

***END***

The Onion is a satire page that occasionally has moments of brilliance. A lot of good stuff, but some of their articles aren't great. The "What Do You Think" is my favorite part of it.

The Onion