Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew
click for "price" and "release date"...

If this is true, then the Revo roughly translates to $190 in North American currency.
There is such a thing called North American currency?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM
You know exactly what I mean... please.

Between Canada and the U.S., 149 Euros is relatively the same price. I guess I 'should' have been more specific and said, "currencies" instead of “currency”.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:36 PM
140 Euros is $180 in america but once again most likely to be $200
Old 09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Splinter Cell: Double Agent will be released for the Wii at launch with its own set of controls to make use of the controller. This things keeps getting better and better.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Sorry, double post...uhh.....WII ROCKS!

Last edited by DarkKnight81; 09-12-2006 at 06:01 PM..
Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Madden 2007

If you're interested in Madden 2007 for the Wii head over to IGN, they have a big exclusive on it. While the controls sound fantasic I'm a little worried about the graphics. I know they arent the most important thing but c'mon, this is NEXTGEN and the producer is saying in some aspects it looks better than the Xbox version. No not the 360, just the Xbox. I knew the graphics for Wii wouldnt be as good as 360 or PS3 but this is ridiculous. Heres a fugly screen to prove it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg madden.jpg (75.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow, that looks like a PSP screenshot.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zombievictim
Wow, that looks like a PSP screenshot.
It doesn't matter, you see . . . the controllers? They're motion sensitive! Who gives a damn if the hardware or graphics stink? IT'S REVOLUTIONARY!

I know I'm just bitter because Wii is probably going to kick ass and my beloved PS3 isn't. Teh sob.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
lots of SS look shit

PS3 -

Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Re: Madden 2007

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkKnight81
If you're interested in Madden 2007 for the Wii head over to IGN, they have a big exclusive on it. While the controls sound fantasic I'm a little worried about the graphics. I know they arent the most important thing but c'mon, this is NEXTGEN and the producer is saying in some aspects it looks better than the Xbox version. No not the 360, just the Xbox. I knew the graphics for Wii wouldnt be as good as 360 or PS3 but this is ridiculous. Heres a fugly screen to prove it:
Damn, that is pretty fugly. But oh well. I don't give two shits about Madden games, so I really don't care. I'm just waiting for my beloved Super Smash Bros. Brawl. THAT'S when I'm getting my Wii.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Official word of when the Wii comes out and how much will be announced tommorow!!
CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
It doesn't matter, you see . . . the controllers? They're motion sensitive! Who gives a damn if the hardware or graphics stink? IT'S REVOLUTIONARY!

I know I'm just bitter because Wii is probably going to kick ass and my beloved PS3 isn't. Teh sob.
I never judge a game from screenshots like that... they always look cheesey.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bucket
lots of SS look shit

PS3 -

Sure, but when the finished games look like this then there are no worries.

Still, no one discusses PS3 vs Wii in terms of graphics. It'd be silly.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Well latest update on Madden for Wii is good, the controls are still awesome and the graphics have recently been given a fresh coat of paint and are now described as somewhere in between XB and XB360. Sounds good to me, I wasnt really expecting nextgen graphics anyways. Even better news is that it will have all the features including a few exclusive games like two on two backyard football where you have to yell "1 mississippi...2 mississippi...3...." into the microphone on the controller. Cant wait.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Even better news is that it will have all the features including a few exclusive games like two on two backyard football where you have to yell "1 mississippi...2 mississippi...3...." into the microphone on the controller. Cant wait.
Did I miss something...when did Nintendo announce that the Wii-mote was going to have a mic? I know it has a speaker.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gullom
Did I miss something...when did Nintendo announce that the Wii-mote was going to have a mic? I know it has a speaker.
This is from something I read on IGN.com from an interview with a producer. I havent heard anything official either which makes me think its not what it sounds like.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Well I heard Gamestop was starting presales for the Wii on October 1st. but apparently that is not the case. I tried to reserve one today and they told they would NOT be making reservations. First come, first serve. Thank god there should be an abundance.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
I called Gamestop and Eb Games and they both said October 19th is the day you can reserve the Wii and October 17th for the PS3. Do you know how much it is to reserve? They said it would cost $80.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jig Saw 666
I called Gamestop and Eb Games and they both said October 19th is the day you can reserve the Wii and October 17th for the PS3. Do you know how much it is to reserve? They said it would cost $80.
No, they didnt give me a price or date on anything. But I know I want the damn thing so I'd be willing to put down $100.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Well I heard Gamestop was starting presales for the Wii on October 1st. but apparently that is not the case. I tried to reserve one today and they told they would NOT be making reservations. First come, first serve. Thank god there should be an abundance.
Stop frequenting GameStop, just for this reason. I reserved my Wii in December '05 from GameCrazy.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't think you guys should worry about making reservations. Nintendo is shipping one million units for "The Americas" (eventhough that means 800,000 units are going to hit "The America").

You'll just be able to walk into the store and go "Why, hey, which of these pretty boxes should I pick?"

Anyone wanting a PS3 though, that'll be another story. You'll have to lick someone's phallus to get one of them prett(ier!) boxes.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Actually, four million Wii unites are shipping to the Americas. So, like Nightcrawler said, there’s absolutely no need to pre-order this console... no reason whatsoever.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
NOt everyone lives in America
Old 10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew
Actually, four million Wii unites are shipping to the Americas. So, like Nightcrawler said, there’s absolutely no need to pre-order this console... no reason whatsoever.

There are 1 million shipping too America on launch and they plain to ship 4 million by the end of the year.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:22 AM
I say reserve it if you know you want it, these numbers are all just temporary until we actually see the hardware on the shelves. Don't trust nintendo just because it seems innocent wait till they show us the goods.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Madden on Wii!! Finally...footage of a Wii game and someone using the Wiimote and Nunchuk!

Last edited by Gullom; 10-06-2006 at 10:09 AM..
Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Damn, I'm jealous of my boss. I work at EB Games, and he just got back from a managers conference in Texas, and they had like a mini E3. He got to try out a couple of Wii games, and it says it's absolutely awesome. Wii Sports is really damn fun (he said the boxing is extremely cool), and Excite Truck rocks. He didn't get to play Zelda because the line was fucking HUGE. He also said that Mad Catz is making a BAD ASS Wii controller. Apparently, it's not just square, it's contoured to your hand, which is pretty damn sweet. Damn, I want one.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
My IT admin sent me this:

http://makeadecisiondamnyou.ytmnd.com/
Old 10-12-2006, 03:42 AM
i was in eb the other day and the prices were roughly $70 for the wii-mote and $30 for the nunchuck..that means another $100 aussie dollars just for another player. IGN also has prices for all the cables and what not up, and the price for the mem card is the same as the wii-mote (its in jap currency though), now i dont rembmber if the memory card is a must-have like the previous gen's (cause dont all the systems have stuff inside it to save now..i forgot lol) but for a mem card its still a fair bit to pay 70 bucks (its only 512mb i think).

I'm still ordering it in, but i think if this is sposed to be for people who dont usually game...theys houdl be packaged together and just cost 70 or 80....
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM
If you owned a Gamecube before a Wii, you get to save alot of money. I have 3 GC controllers and 2 memory cards, each 1015 block. I also have a crappy SD card lying around to expand the memory.

I'm going to wait till those wii-motes and nunchuks go down in price before I get more sets. They are setting those things at an outrageous price...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I won't need to buy extra Wii-motes only because all my friends are getting the system for themselves. It'll save me a shit load of money.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I can't afford just to buy the Wii, so I just sold my DS, and games...I got $190.00. Woo Hoo I've now got $300.00 for my Wii, Zelda, Madden and extra Wii-mote!

Old 10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
If you want to reserve a Wii, get your ass down to EB Games or Gamestop FIRST THING tomorrow morning (Friday, October 13th) with 50 bucks in hand. It's first come, first serve, so just HUSTLE, BITCHES. I've known this since yesterday, but if I posted it, I would get my ass FIRED.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I work at Best Buy, and even though we aren't doing a pre-order for either system, i'll just make sure I work on November 19th to get a box for myself
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dfd3657
If you want to reserve a Wii, get your ass down to EB Games or Gamestop FIRST THING tomorrow morning (Friday, October 13th) with 50 bucks in hand. It's first come, first serve, so just HUSTLE, BITCHES. I've known this since yesterday, but if I posted it, I would get my ass FIRED.
I'll be there, thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Am I the only one who will just go out on Nov. 19th and just pick one up with no reservation? I reserved my 360 last year at GameStop and we all know what a debacle that turned out to be. I'm just sayin' that with close to 1 million units shipped to the USA by the end of the year and many people shelling out for the PoS3...I'll take my chances on the Wii on launch day. I'll be on vacation, so it's no big whoop to wait awhile before midnight...
Old 10-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Decmeber '05 I threw down $50.00 for a reservation at Game Crazy, and today I just threw down $170.00 more, and I have at least $25.00 in gift cards at home so there's the cost of the Wii.

Now I just have to cover the cost of an extra Wii-mote, Zelda, and Madden.

Has anyone been to www.wii.com? They have vid's of people playing Wii.

Last edited by Gullom; 10-13-2006 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM

Will the Wii come with an ethernet cable or is that what the WiFi connection is? I'm a little electronically challenged. I have a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router...will I use that for the Wii or will I need something else?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Raiden
Will the Wii come with an ethernet cable or is that what the WiFi connection is? I'm a little electronically challenged. I have a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router...will I use that for the Wii or will I need something else?
Yes, that is what the Wi-Fi is for.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:16 PM
480p has been confirmed for the Wii. Funny how they act like they dont care about visual technology but at the last second throw that out there. Good news for me anyways.