Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkKnight81
480p has been confirmed for the Wii. Funny how they act like they dont care about visual technology but at the last second throw that out there. Good news for me anyways.
It was confirmed quite a while ago, and hardly suprising as a lot of GameCube games also supported it (all 1st party titles do, if I recall).
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I hear Wal-Mart sold out all of their pre-orders. I'm still going to just go out November 19th and try to pick one up. If I can't score one, no big deal. I will get the system by the end of the year (hopefully).
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I got one pre-ordered with Gamestop. I am really hoping they incorporate an achievement system similar to the one on X-box 360; that practically triples the replay value of most games.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
New Smash Brothers Brawl Trailer

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I've decided not to do what I did last year with the 360. I'm going to a local Wal-Mart and see if I can score a Wii on launch day. If I can't, oh well. I'm not going all over hell in search of it. Chances are, I'll find one by Christmas which is fine. The 360 and Smackdown vs. Raw will consume a lot of my time anyhow. I'm still looking forward to the Wii but will get it when I find one.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh boy, do I have something special for you guys!

First of all, everyone here should sign up for google alerts, because this how I found out about this:

http://redkawa.com/
Quote:
Our free video converter allows you to convert your computer video files (like avi, divx, etc.) to a video format that is playable on your Playstation 3 (PS3) or Nintendo Wii video game system.

I downloaded mine last night, and I'm stoked to use this!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Raiden
I've decided not to do what I did last year with the 360. I'm going to a local Wal-Mart and see if I can score a Wii on launch day. If I can't, oh well. I'm not going all over hell in search of it. Chances are, I'll find one by Christmas which is fine. The 360 and Smackdown vs. Raw will consume a lot of my time anyhow. I'm still looking forward to the Wii but will get it when I find one.
Just show up at Target a bit before they open. You shouldn't have a problem getting one, as most targets are getting around 50.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Well fella's I'm stoked! I got to play Excite Truck at the local Game Crazy last night and man it was fun! However I found a slight learning curve: I found I kept trying to steer with the D Pad, instead of tilting for steering.

Responsiveness was was absolutely seamless, I was very impressed. The other part of the curve that will take some adjusting, prior to Wii you would steer with an analog stick, and you had a threshold to know when you could stop trying to press the analog stick, however with Wii I kept trying to tilt it father than I probably needed to, but didn't know how far to tilt because I didn't have anything physically stopping me using unnecessary tiltage.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Canada Exclusive: Nintendo Wii Mini: Ready to Launch December 7th for $99.99!

The Nintendo Wii is one of the most influential and best-selling gaming consoles of all time. Featuring one of the largest gaming libraries, the Wii was the first system to bring home affordable motion sensor gaming, and set a standard for gaming consoles and peripherals going forward. On December 7th, Nintendo is ready to re-introduce the Wii, with a twist.

Touted as “Big Fun, for a Mini Price,” The Nintendo Wii Mini brings home all the excitement and motion gaming of the original, at a fraction of the size, and price tag. The Wii Mini has been completely re-designed from the base-up, resulting in a smaller console. The flat resting system features a manual release top-loading system, which will look to provide owners with a longer lifespan, since it relies on less electronics to power the loading and ejecting of discs. Similar problems led Panasonic and Sega to have to redesign some of their early systems. While Nintendo has never had similar problems with the Wii’s original disc drive, this is a good safety measure in place to ensure you’ll never have to experience that issue. At an introductory price of $99.99, the red and black Wii Mini system comes with the console, sensor bar and a Red MotionPlus controller with Nunchuk.

The Wii Mini aims to introduce (or reintroduce) a new generation to its original gaming options. For the last six years, the Wii has pushed the limits of what we had originally thought were possible to get out of our console games, and spawned a new generation of interactive gaming in general. From the first time a Wiimote was waved as a magic wand in the Harry Potter games, used as an eraser in Warioware, or the Wiimote and Nunchuk had to act the part of a runner’s legs in Madden Football, the Wii has been everything from a good system for party games, to a good source of exercise. Now, with this miniature version of the Wii, more gamers than ever can share in everything it has to offer.

While the system has no Internet connectivity options or Gamecube support, it features full functionality and compatibility with the Wii’s expansive library of over 1,300 games and its associated peripherals, totaling nearly 1 billion games sold. From the massively popular Mario Kart Wii, to the Legend of Zelda series, the simplified nature of the Wii Mini allows for an easier out-of-the-box gaming experience, and is perfect for those who want to check out the Wii and could not pick up the console before, or a quick addition to a rec or gaming room. If you have a Wii already, a Mini would make a great backup, or travel size companion.

You can also register your Wii Mini with Club Nintendo (club.nintendo.com) and get 100 coins, which are redeemable for everything from exclusive posters and notebooks to games.

Best Buy will be carrying the Nintendo Wii Mini starting on December 7th and will be taking pre-orders later today (November 27th.) Check back soon, and get ready to bring home the Nintendo Wii Mini at its introductory price of $99.99!
http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-t...-99/ba-p/53938

more articles: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/ni...unch-50009852/

( articles dated for 11/27) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/wi...only-50009854/ , http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...Why-not-the-US
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top view small.png
Views:	15
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	11002   Click image for larger version

Name:	top view large.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	11003   Click image for larger version

Name:	wii_mini.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	11005  

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-27-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Wii Mini arriving in US with packed-in Mario Kart Wii

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

WII MINI OFFERS BIG VALUE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Affordable System Packaged with Mario Kart Wii and Available in the U.S for Only $99.99

REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 4, 2013 – The Wii console was a cultural phenomenon when it was
released to the world in 2006. To continue this legacy and share the fun with as many
people as possible, Nintendo is launching the Wii mini console in the U.S. at a suggested
retail price of only $99.99. That is a tremendous value for families and people who have yet
to join one of the most iconic and talked-about pop-culture trends of the last decade. Wii
mini is a smaller, redesigned version of Wii that plays the entire library of more than 1,300
Wii games. The compact system is matte black with a red border, and comes with the Mario
Kart Wii game, a red Wii Remote Plus controller and a red Nunchuk controller. While
availability will differ somewhat according to location, shoppers can expect to see Wii mini in
stores by the middle of November.

"Wii mini offers the same fun experience as Wii, which has been enjoyed by millions of
people around the world," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president
of Sales & Marketing. "And it comes packaged with Mario Kart Wii, a multiplayer Mario racing
game that is one of the best-selling Wii games. At such a great price, it is an extraordinary
value for shoppers this holiday season."

Wii is the best-selling system of this generation with more than 100 million units sold
globally. Wii mini is for those who don't own a Wii console and want to enjoy a ton of great
Wii games on a stylish system at an affordable price. It is also for families who want an
additional console in another room, allowing siblings and friends to play while the rest of the
family enjoys other entertainment and games on the main living room TV screen. While Wii
mini is not compatible with the Internet and will not allow online functionality when playing
games, select multiplayer games can still be played locally with friends and families, which is
the ideal way to enjoy such entertaining games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart
Wii.

As a companion to the Wii mini system, a large collection of Nintendo Selects Wii games is
available at a suggested retail price of only $19.99 each. These games include modern
classics like Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper
Mario. In addition, three newly discounted Wii games – Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super
Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort – are also available at a suggested retail price of
$29.99 each. With an existing, extensive library of classic games available at such low
prices, Wii mini demonstrates the value and variety Nintendo is offering this holiday season.

For more information about Wii mini, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their
children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit
http://www.nintendo.com/wii.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment,
Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for
its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of
portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™,
Nintendo has sold more than 4.1 billion video games and more than 659 million hardware
units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL,
as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo
DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also
created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™,
Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of
America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in
the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's
website at http://www.nintendo.com.

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-04-2013 at 10:37 AM..