Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I dig your collection there SDDS.

Im trying to get more movies into my collection but unemployment has stopped that dream for now.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Yea I agree, glancing at schmoes DVD collection is pretty inspiring. SDDS, I hope you dig Arrested Developement, its pretty great. Its cool to see 24 get some love, thats the only series I own all of the seasons to, which says alot cause I've never really been nuts about t.v. shows until they came out on DVD. I'm trying to get the rest of The Sopranos (need 2,3 and 6), The Twilight Zone and new season of The Wire, which I hear is amazing.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by APzombie
Yea I agree, glancing at schmoes DVD collection is pretty inspiring. SDDS, I hope you dig Arrested Developement, its pretty great. Its cool to see 24 get some love, thats the only series I own all of the seasons to, which says alot cause I've never really been nuts about t.v. shows until they came out on DVD. I'm trying to get the rest of The Sopranos (need 2,3 and 6), The Twilight Zone and new season of The Wire, which I hear is amazing.

I want to like 24. I try. made it about halfway through season one but just couldnt watch anymore. I just hate his wife. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. Everyone else Im into, but that damn wife.

!!!!Spoiler Warning!!!!

I made it until she had amnesia. I just couldnt stand her anymore. It was too much. hear the rest of the series is good though and might give her another chance.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mutesaint
I want to like 24. I try. made it about halfway through season one but just couldnt watch anymore. I just hate his wife. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. Everyone else Im into, but that damn wife.

!!!!Spoiler Warning!!!!

I made it until she had amnesia. I just couldnt stand her anymore. It was too much. hear the rest of the series is good though and might give her another chance.
Seriously...Finish the season, you won't regret it...I don't want to spoil it but really finish, its worth it.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SDDS
what can I say...I love me some Star Wars
Great collection! Glad to see that your such a big Star Wars fan! Keep it up!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cocksmokinclerk
yea you better!!!!
I say we band together, hunt him down, make him watch all the seasons and then beat him to death with the cases if he doesn't like it then.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zombievictim
I say we band together, hunt him down, make him watch all the seasons and then beat him to death with the cases if he doesn't like it then.
GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I'd just like to say I just picked up Arrested Development S1 - 3 and I only spent about $54.00 total...So tonight I shall find out if this is really as good as everyone says.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Quote:

!!!!Spoiler Warning!!!!

Her having amnesia was the weaskest angle of the first season but please... please, PLEASE finish the first season. It might make you exited to get into the other seasons.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cocksmokinclerk
JESUS!!! i didn't know george lucas was a schmoe
Haha, that's so funny.

But yeah, fantastic collection SDDS.

And I hope you like Arrested Development...it's so great and funny and witty and wonderful and beautiful and pretty.

Sorry, I get a little crazy when I talk about how much I like AD.

Judging by your shows, there's no chance in hell you won't like it.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by APzombie
Her having amnesia was the weaskest angle of the first season but please... please, PLEASE finish the first season. It might make you exited to get into the other seasons.

Im hoping I do. It was the description for season 6 that got me reinterested. I just wanna see how the world ends up like that. 24 is officially number 15 on my netflix list.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Im hoping I do. It was the description for season 6 that got me reinterested. I just wanna see how the world ends up like that. 24 is officially number 15 on my netflix list.
you won't regret it.

And thanks to everyone who suggested AD...I started it last night and it is pretty damn funny.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Im trying to pick up the Sopranos on dvd, I actually found all the seasons used for 25 dollars at a local store.

Im trying to make my collection look awesome any suggestion on shelving? I have too many dvds on my shelf and I have to stack them on top of each other.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I would personally stay away from actuall book cases...they tend to take up more room than need be.

I have a few dvd shelving systems and they work, but the shelves tend to sag...and they are pretty expensive for what you get. They do look nice for a while.

For the majority of my collection I used shelves from home depot...I think they are 8" wide by what ever length you need...these are a good and cheap way to go...the problems with what I have is I chose the shelves that have metal rods that go behing the shelf, then you stick the shelf supports into those....it can make it a pain when its time to reorganize and you'll have these spots were certain movise will stick out farther than others.

Honestly what I would like to do is just go buy some lumber and make my own custom shelves but I don't have the time or the skill to make something like that I would be happy with.

If you go with shelving from home depot don't forget to get bookends (movie themed preferably)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM

That was the most recent pic of my shelf its not to pretty i dont think.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:42 PM
I went back and looked at that earlier...Its not bad if that shelf was a different color...I think it would look downright cool (light wood or painted). Plus, ewok village, come on, how could I not like that.

So if you were just worried about looks I would say paint what you have (cheap and easy)...but from what you posted ealier It sounds like you need space. if you need more space, ditch the book case...you are loosing about 3 inches per shelf (area between dvd and bottom of next shelf...if you condensed that you could fit a whole new row in there...I think getting rid of the book case and putting in shelves fixed to the wall, floor to ceiling, will one look nice and get you a lot more space...once that fills up do the same on the other side of the tv and there you go about triple the storage space.

if you do something like this go to walmart or something a buy a little step stool for top shelf accessibility.

My only concern is that your TV stand matches the shelf that you have...I'd be hard pressed to break up matching furniture.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Quote:

My only concern is that your TV stand matches the shelf that you have...I'd be hard pressed to break up matching furniture.
The shelf and the tv stand are just hand me down crap like most of my room lol.

Im looking to change some furniture soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:24 PM
bloody hell SDDS and sir dizzy. Well Played.

SDDS, is that projector hung from the ceiling? i need to get me one of those brackets.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Korny
bloody hell SDDS and sir dizzy. Well Played.

SDDS, is that projector hung from the ceiling? i need to get me one of those brackets.
Yeah I bought a mounting bracket when I picked up the projector...expensive little bugger, but worth it compared to what I had before that (shelf). I'm glad I got a universal mount, I'm planning on getting a new HD PJ in the next month and I would not want to re-buy the bracket. Plus now I don't have to worry about the pj falling off the shelf during an earthquake (pointless worry, but still a worry).
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit
The shelf and the tv stand are just hand me down crap like most of my room lol.

Im looking to change some furniture soon.
if money is tight...walmart really has some decent "put it together yourself furniture, while not expensive can still look appealing" I figure if you have an extra $200 you could get a new stand and make all the shelving you need. It may not be the most expensive stuff, but I'm guessing it would look pretty good.

Actually I would suggest Target over walmart but considering we don't have a target within 500 miles (if not more) from where I live, thats what I have to work with.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sirdizzy
ok new set up now that I have more room

and a bigger pic since it'll stretch the thread as a link

http://www.sirdizzy.org/images/dvdsnewbig.jpg
I have to say I really like this collection...I'm all for the neat and tidy. And if I am guessing right these are in alphabetical order.

Same with Sabrett's and Tarko's, I wish I had the space to do some sort of shelving like these.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Here is an update to the pics I posted earlier (those were over a year old) My collection is at 1214... and to those people talking about dead like me, I am with you a 100%.

Dude. where did you get the tie fighter and walkers on your top shelf.
excellent collection btw
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 PM
They are all lego sets...the at-at is discontinued, the tie advanced, and at-st are still being sold.

actually i just added a new addition to the collection...I just got a page of the shooting script from superman (christopher reeves version) with some original production photos, all autographed from a member of the sfx crew...actually its the same guy who created the original Yoda puppet (i've got a rotj story board and shooting schedule page autographed by the same guy, along with some art work he's done).

Sorry didn't mean to brag, but I'm kind of excited about it.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I should be posting pics of my moderatly sized but still respectable dvd collection around the end of this week. I want to wait till after my birthday in case I get anything nice(and a small case of envy demands that it be at its biggest and best when I post)
Old 01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Quote:
They are all lego sets...the at-at is discontinued, the tie advanced, and at-st are still being sold.

actually i just added a new addition to the collection...I just got a page of the shooting script from superman (christopher reeves version) with some original production photos, all autographed from a member of the sfx crew...actually its the same guy who created the original Yoda puppet (i've got a rotj story board and shooting schedule page autographed by the same guy, along with some art work he's done).

Sorry didn't mean to brag, but I'm kind of excited about it.
WTF !! im officially jealous now
Old 01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
im in the process of putting together a new stand so once that is done and i got everything organize ill post a couple pics
Old 01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by moviedude11
WTF !! im officially jealous now
that fuckin' makes two of us!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
that fuckin' makes two of us!!!
If people are interested I could post some picks of these.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:26 PM
]

Last edited by soan0402; 01-20-2007 at 10:05 AM..
Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 AM
It might just be me, soan0402, but I can't see any of those pics, they're all broken links.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 AM
No, it's not you. I can't see them either. I see the dreaded RED X
Old 01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
my bad ill fix that
Old 01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Had to finally go out and buy a new shelf last week. I would also like to add that I did not buy Zathura out of my own free will, it was a gift and I find it kind of ironic that it sits next to Kevin Bacons "The Woodsman" on the shelf.

Movie Collection:

TV Collection:

The sad excuse I call a home theater....

So yeah, there it is.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GavinE
Had to finally go out and buy a new shelf last week. I would also like to add that I did not buy Zathura out of my own free will, it was a gift and I find it kind of ironic that it sits next to Kevin Bacons "The Woodsman" on the shelf.

Movie Collection:

TV Collection:

The sad excuse I call a home theater....

So yeah, there it is.
Pretty Nice there GavinE, cant go wrong with your Mcfarlane collection. Im gonna clean my newer collection up and ill take a picture too.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Gavin...I like your TV collection, we have very similar tastes in that respect...I just finished watching both AD and Firefly...and I have to say I really enjoyed both shows.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
sorry...double post

Last edited by SDDS; 01-22-2007 at 02:48 PM..
Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Gavin...I like your TV collection, we have very similar tastes in that respect...I just finished watching both AD and Firefly...and I have to say I really enjoyed both shows.
Yep, I love both of those shows dearly.

As for the figures, actually only the Matrix Neo figure and the Napoleon Dynamite on the bottom right of the left shelf are McFarlane. The rest are made by NECA. Neca is basically having the success early McFarlane had before Todd decided to buy all of McGuires baseballs and make sports figs more than movie figs.

Last edited by GavinE; 01-22-2007 at 02:52 PM..
Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Very nice collection there GavinE - especially love the V for Vendetta mask - I've been looking for one of them myself recently over on Ebay. Also gotta echo the sentiments about the tv shows - some good shows there (Can't comment though on Arrested Development - I've only recently brought the first series, and haven't yet gotten around to watching it yet).
Old 01-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HiroProtagonist
Very nice collection there GavinE - especially love the V for Vendetta mask - I've been looking for one of them myself recently over on Ebay. Also gotta echo the sentiments about the tv shows - some good shows there (Can't comment though on Arrested Development - I've only recently brought the first series, and haven't yet gotten around to watching it yet).
Thanks for the comments. I am trying to find the V for Vendetta figure NECA put out to stand next to the mask but I have yet to find it.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Mine are in a mess at the moment but here are most of them minus a few that are lent out.