Old 01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

just got done with this, pretty good. Loved story, artwork not great but ok.

i wanted to order dark knight strikes again but have 2 questions:

1) is the artwork the same as in DKR

2) read many bad reviews of strikes again, is it really as bad as the guys at amazon say?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:08 PM
It's been awhile since I've read it but from what I remember it was ok.

Not as good as DKR but it wasn't bad either.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 PM
i wouldn`t pay for it.

i thought it was abit of a let down.

alittle to over the top in the art department and the story was a lost.

which is a shame as i`m a huge frank millar fan.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Any Novel that shows Supes getting the crap kicked out of him by The Dark Knight is grade A in my book.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by LunchBox

2) read many bad reviews of strikes again, is it really as bad as the guys at amazon say?
Don't get it. Stick with DKR, lest it be soiled by that drivel. Miller went waaaaay overboard with DKSA. The artwork is absolutely abismal and the story stupid as shit. I like pretty much anything featuring the caped crusader, but holy shit, DKSA is horrible. I honestly don't know what Miller was thinking.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Re: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
Don't get it. Stick with DKR, lest it be soiled by that drivel. Miller went waaaaay overboard with DKSA. The artwork is absolutely abismal and the story stupid as shit. I like pretty much anything featuring the caped crusader, but holy shit, DKSA is horrible. I honestly don't know what Miller was thinking.
Agreed. The storyline is nonsensical in DKSA, and I never understood why the ENTIRE Justice League would want to beat up Superman. And don't remind me of Superman and Wonder Woman bumping in flight.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by LunchBox

The Dark Knight Returns is a classic, however, its sequel sucks the big one. Stay far far away from that one. While Miller's art fit the tone of DKRs perfectly, I'm sad to admit that he went a little ape shit with The DKSA. If you want to see Batman showing Superman who really wears the tights in the DC universe check out Batman: Hush 1&2.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Never read the sequel, but never liked DKR. I just couldn't get into the story or the artwork, and prefered his run on Daredevil and even Year One to DKR
Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
DKSA is pretty bad. I felt it came off as more of a parody/rehash of the first book than a sequel. It all felt the same, and it was better the first time around.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Re: Re: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
I never understood why the ENTIRE Justice League would want to beat up Superman.
Because he's a douche.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:48 AM
Seconded....I hate Superman.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
Because he's a douche.
Lol...agreed. Superman is a tool. Just finished Frank Miller's Batman Year One...and I must say that it ranks right up their with DKR. Check it out people.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:27 PM
batman year one ,is how you do a comic,great writting,art,inking,color.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:
Originally posted by Sh8dy Milkman
Lol...agreed. Superman is a tool. Just finished Frank Miller's Batman Year One...and I must say that it ranks right up their with DKR. Check it out people.
I wish Gordon would have been portrayed in the movie like he is in that book. He was kinda whiny in Begins.

Also, wtf happend with Flass? Talk about a serious contrast...

PS. Did I ever mention that I spent $20+ when I blind bought a hardcover DKSA? Yeah...needless to say that pisses me off. It's pretty sad when I'm embarrassed to read a comic in public, not because I'll be labeled a comic geek (I've always cared less), but because I'm afraid someone will catch a glimpse of the art.

Last edited by Danger^Cart; 02-12-2007 at 10:28 PM..
Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Quote:

PS. Did I ever mention that I spent $20+ when I blind bought a hardcover DKSA? Yeah...needless to say that pisses me off. It's pretty sad when I'm embarrassed to read a comic in public, not because I'll be labeled a comic geek (I've always cared less), but because I'm afraid someone will catch a glimpse of the art. [/B]
i second that lol
,frank wen`t to far on that puppy.i think i got motion sickness just looking at that "art" i use that word lightly
Old 02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I bought the book at a week long film festivel in Austin, tExas and loved the hell out of that. I will admit, though, that it could have been, in part, due to the badassery of my situation when I read it.