Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Rufus Sewell

Rufus really impressed me when I saw DARK CITY when it hit DVD a couple of years back.... Now he is in the current THE ILLUSIONIST which I have yet to see and I do wanna but kinda pissed that its on LIMITED RELEASE so I have to trek 20 miles if I do wanna see this or wait till it goes wide.
I have not seen ALL OF Rufus Sewell's long list of movies that he has done but the ones that I have seen (Bless The Child, Zorro, A Knights Tale) are mostly (bad guys to I am a bastard type) roles. Does Rufus ever play Nice Guy roles? If he did which ones where they? Actors say that they looooooooooove playing baddies... Adds more depth and more fun to play versus playing the goody goody roles.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:37 PM
YAY. I don't mind him at all. Easy on the eyes, too.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
He isn't a bad guy in "Dangerous Beauty" or "Tristan & Isolde"

He's a very good actor, it's a shame he isn't more well known and offered more leading roles.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Robot
He isn't a bad guy in "Dangerous Beauty" or "Tristan & Isolde"

He's a very good actor, it's a shame he isn't more well known and offered more leading roles.

I have yet to see those flicks....
And Rufus does get the roles but just seems that he gets 2nd billing...

And w/ the recent release of THE ILLUSIONIST........
His name does not appear on the ad......... Whats up w/ that?!?!?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
I have yet to see those flicks....
And Rufus does get the roles but just seems that he gets 2nd billing...

And w/ the recent release of THE ILLUSIONIST........
His name does not appear on the ad......... Whats up w/ that?!?!?
I wondered the same thing about the ads. They're pushing Jessica Biel but not Rufus?

He does get roles in large movies..but they always seem to go unnoticed, like Legend of Zorro. It didn't do half as well as the first so he gets no publicity off of it. He isn't even getting credit in the trailer for "The Holiday". They flash the names of all the lead stars but overlook him. Of course I thought the same thing was odd during "The Prestige" ads where they don't mention David Bowie..
Old 09-15-2006, 05:27 PM
oh yeah Rufus!

He does not play a baddie in Extreme Ops. I don't think the movie did too well at the box office, but I liked this movie alot. If you're a fan of his I recomend this movie.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:47 PM
he was excellent in Dark City and was also good in A Knight's Tale and Bless the Child (although i dont think much of either of these films)
Old 09-15-2006, 07:04 PM
He's a great actor in my books for sure.