Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
i kno i shoudlnt but i have to, in the a7x thread alot of people are 'dissing' them for being talentless, yet from the collection of shit i see on this thread, i dont really think you could justify any of the statements made against a7x, alot of the bands u guys like mainly scream and have no writing skill (to be honest they dont need it, they roar and scream, you cant understand anyways) and they do the same old shitty guitar riffs, and solos all the fucking time, so you guys keep on 'dissing' a7x, but i think they are about 50,000,000,000,000,000 times better than any of the turd bollocks, i see in this thread, sorry for the hijack, im just really annoyed, that you have the nerve to skit a7x with the complete talentless tripe u guys listen to

ha
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by a7xfan
i kno i shoudlnt but i have to, in the a7x thread alot of people are 'dissing' them for being talentless, yet from the collection of shit i see on this thread, i dont really think you could justify any of the statements made against a7x, alot of the bands u guys like mainly scream and have no writing skill (to be honest they dont need it, they roar and scream, you cant understand anyways) and they do the same old shitty guitar riffs, and solos all the fucking time, so you guys keep on 'dissing' a7x, but i think they are about 50,000,000,000,000,000 times better than any of the turd bollocks, i see in this thread, sorry for the hijack, im just really annoyed, that you have the nerve to skit a7x with the complete talentless tripe u guys listen to

Wait, can you repeat that in english.

Plus, I always thought A7X were a joke band. Their band members names are Zacky Vengeance and The Rev and they expect to be taken seriously.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
So I try to defend you in the other thread, and then you come here and butcher our taste in music. I'd like to know which band you are referring to, but you're probably just making a sweeping generalization without really listening to any one band. As for the "screaming" comment, it comes with the territory. If you don't care for brutal metal, don't listen to it. Personally, I need something more extreme. Most professional death metal musicians can outplay any other musicians in the world, and that's a fact.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Brutal screaming soothes me way more than that crappy wailing that A7X does.

Anyways, I have a new band that I love. They are The Lord Weird Slough Feg. They are an awesome Iron Maiden inspired band.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 09-10-2007 at 02:56 PM..
Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Anyways, I have a new band that I love. They are The Lord Weird Slough Feg. They are an awesome Iron Maiden inspired band.
YES
Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by countchocula
Most professional death metal musicians can outplay any other musicians in the world, and that's a fact.
Right. Thats what always gets me when people call a band like Cannibal Corpse "simple". That stuff is hard as hell to play.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by countchocula
So I try to defend you in the other thread, and then you come here and butcher our taste in music. I'd like to know which band you are referring to, but you're probably just making a sweeping generalization without really listening to any one band. As for the "screaming" comment, it comes with the territory. If you don't care for brutal metal, don't listen to it. Personally, I need something more extreme. Most professional death metal musicians can outplay any other musicians in the world, and that's a fact.
Yup, that sounds about right. It really pisses me off when people generalize all metal as just "angry screaming music." Sounds like someone's close minded. Saying that Avenged Sevenfold are "50,000,000,000,000,000 times better than any of the turd bollocks" is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard. I enjoy them, and I admit, they are talented (it takes talent to play an instrument, period), but just because you're pissed that everyone else doesn't like your favorite band doesn't mean you need to say all our musical tastes are crap. Open your mind. Listen to a little "true" metal. I doubt you've honestly listened to any of the music we've mentioned here, yet you still make that sweeping generalization. ANYWAY...

Epica - The Divine Conspiracy (9.5/10; just keeps getting fucking better)
Visions of Atlantis - Trinity (8/10)
Bring Me the Horizon - Count Your Blessings (7/10; I enjoy it, but as with a lot of metalcore, most songs sound the same)
Dethklok - The Dethalbum (8.5/10)
Impending Doom - Nailed.Dead.Risen. (8.5/10; brutal Christian death metal ftw)
Emperor - Athems to the Welkin at Dusk (need to give this one another listen; first Emperor CD)
Daath - The Hinderers (needs another listen)
Deadlock - Wolves (needs another listen as well; I LOOOOVE Code of Honor, but nothing else really struck me upon first listen)
The Agonist - Once Only Imagined (9/10)
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (these guys are fucking crazy/10)
Tristania - World of Glass (8/10)
Cannibal Corpse - Vile (8.5/10)
And I'm currently listening to Therion's Gothic Kaballah, and it's fucking amazing. I THINK that's all I've listened to lately. And what I've downloaded and need to listen to:

Leaves' Eyes - Vinland Saga
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Turisas - The Varangian Way
Ancient - Night Visit
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Brutal screaming soothes me way more than that crappy wailing that A7X does.

OH SHIT. I totally forgot that Slough Feg has a new CD out.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HannibalGuy
Right. Thats what always gets me when people call a band like Cannibal Corpse "simple". That stuff is hard as hell to play.
I hate Barnes era CC and am pretty indifferent towards Corpsegrinder CC, but the band is pretty talented. It's just so boring.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
OH MY GOD. I'm almost done listening to Turisas' The Varangian Way. FUCKING EPIC. One of my top 5 of the year, hands down.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I just don't get why people are so touchy with their music.

I mean, obivously I get it when people love the art they're exposed to, be it film, music, whatever. But why are people so particularly passionate about music?

I'm pretty sure I'd get more hate if I made a thread saying "Tool FUCKING SUCKS!" than if I made one saying "Citizen Kane FUCKING SUCKS!".

And yeah, a7xfan, do not generalize. Makes you come off horribly ignorant.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I just don't get why people are so touchy with their music.

I mean, obivously I get it when people love the art they're exposed to, be it film, music, whatever. But why are people so particularly passionate about music?

I'm pretty sure I'd get more hate if I made a thread saying "Tool FUCKING SUCKS!" than if I made one saying "Citizen Kane FUCKING SUCKS!".

And yeah, a7xfan, do not generalize. Makes you come off horribly ignorant.
It's not just here where people are touchy. I admit I used to be, but nowadays I just pass it off, because like you said, people who generalize just make themselves come off as stupid. I get it all the time, because I've said shit about bands that a LOT of people claim to be genius but who I think suck, and I've gotton shit back for liking this band or that band (main example is Metallica).
Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 AM
As far as AX7 goes, indifferent because I really haven't gone out of my way to listen to much of their stuff
Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Finally listened to Between the Buried and Me's Colors all the way through. Goddamn, what a brilliant album. I don't wanna say album of the year just yet... But it's a contender.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Quote:
...they are about 50,000,000,000,000,000 times better than any of the turd bollocks, i see in this thread, sorry for the hijack, im just really annoyed, that you have the nerve to skit a7x with the complete talentless tripe u guys listen to

ha
Huh... somebody´s trying to pick up a fight.
I aint that touchy when it comes to MY type of music, but when people bitch about sth they dont even know... now that pisses me off. But hey!

And yeah... don't mess with Tool man! They'll rip your clothes off, smash your brain and have it for supper.
(Bet u're thinking "I rest my case")

BTW I'm really looking forward to see them live this year... has anyone seen them ?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JaxAlexandre
Huh... somebody´s trying to pick up a fight.
I aint that touchy when it comes to MY type of music, but when people bitch about sth they dont even know... now that pisses me off. But hey!

And yeah... don't mess with Tool man! They'll rip your clothes off, smash your brain and have it for supper.
(Bet u're thinking "I rest my case")
sorry but yes, i was voicing my opinion, and yes after having another look this morning i do sound ignorant, but yes in answer to alot of people saying i 'have probably never heard....' but i have, i wouldnt go ranting about something i had no personal experience with, and no i wasnt looking for a fight, i think its vice versa, also buddy, when the hell in my post did i mention 'tool' sorry but i mentioned no bands, again you talking bullshit, also, im not normally touchy about this stuff, but i cnt believe that some of you guys that have 'hijacked' the thread i made, have the nerve to say that im acting childish, my stuff wasnt half as bad as the stuff you guys said, but deal with it, stop acting like babies thinking that you can (hate using this word) 'hijack' another thread with obcenities, and that no one is allowed to do it in here, also @count chocula, i kno you were defending me, but im not ignorant, i have listened to the 'music' that im ranting about

fare enough if you like the heavier stuff, im not bothered, i just reacted angrily, because im just really sick of people taking the piss out of a7x JUST because they have became popular, and i dare anyone to say they have became sellouts, be cause a statement like that would be very fucking stupid, i could say that about alot of the bands talked about in this thread, but i would be talking bullshit, so please dont play that card, also, i think they deserve a little bit of credit for being at least a 'bit'
talented
Old 09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, if you're not going to cite any actual bands, there is nothing to discuss. I don't care about Avenged Sevenfold.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote:
...also buddy, when the hell in my post did i mention 'tool' sorry but i mentioned no bands, again you talking bullshit, also, im not normally touchy about this stuff, but i cnt believe that some of you guys that have 'hijacked' the thread i made, have the nerve to say that im acting childish, my stuff wasnt half as bad as the stuff you guys said, but deal with it, stop acting like babies thinking that you can (hate using this word) 'hijack' another thread with obcenities, and that no one is allowed to do it in here, also @count chocula, i kno you were defending me, but im not ignorant, i have listened to the 'music' that im ranting about

Aww! My bad! I should've quoted X- Nightcrawler's post. (You know, the one with the Tool comment..?)
Psh... u are not being childish at all, you are just standing up for what you believe in. As we all are.
Well... I'll get back to my "music".

Current track:
Necrophagia - Cadaverous Screams of my Deceased Lover
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM

It doesn't get much more fucking metal than that.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Please, can all the bickering stop so my precious metal thread doesn't turn into a shitty flame war thread. Those belong in Celebs/Gossip.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok more on what actually matters, MUSIC. playlist:

Metallica - Ride the Lightning 10/10
Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb 9/10 (seriously this band fucking rules)
The Red Chord - Prey For Eyes 8/10
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality 10/10
Anal Cunt - 40 More Reasons to Hate Us 8/10
Impaled Nazarene - All That You Fear 9/10
M.O.D. - Dictated Aggression 10/10
Dio - Holy Diver 10/10
Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Ok more on what actually matters, MUSIC. playlist:

Metallica - Ride the Lightning 10/10
Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb 9/10 (seriously this band fucking rules)
The Red Chord - Prey For Eyes 8/10
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality 10/10
Anal Cunt - 40 More Reasons to Hate Us 8/10
Impaled Nazarene - All That You Fear 9/10
M.O.D. - Dictated Aggression 10/10
Dio - Holy Diver 10/10
Impaled Nazarene! Havent heard of them!
9/10... looks interesting.

Oh! I just met Dio... i'll upload the pics as soon as i can!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Dio - Holy Diver 10/10
Awesome song. Cheesiest video in history.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Impaled Nazarene is boring to me. I like one song, and the rest is blah.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
New High On Fire has leaked and it's amazing.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 PM

The new Iced Earth. I gotta say, I expected it to be... better.

Did the 20 minute Something Wicked song really need to be turned into a sprawling, 2 CD epic? I don't think so. And this is just part one.

Nothing really stood out, save for the song 10,000 Strong, but I think that's just because it was released as a single a couple months ago and I remember it from that.

Most every song sounded the same. A pity. Ripper Owens is easily my favorite singer and he isn't given anything interesting to do on this album.

Still, it sounds nice and the production value is sky high of course. It's just nothing new. I'd give it a 6/10. And that hurts to say that.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
New Iced Earth is really meh. They are another band I used to like a lot more 4 years ago.

I finally went through High On Fire's entire new album and it's just wow. This is probably the pure manliest sounding metal album ever. Their are at least 7 songs that are just freaking epic and their is a incredible drum solo in their as well. The drumming is just awesome here.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Ripper Owens has an incredibly strong voice, but most of his vocal lines are forgettable. Barlow is truly missed. I'd rather have a new Demons & Wizards album.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I think Ripper has a much better voice than Barlow, personally. Which is weird since Ripper is fake Halford and Barlow is fake Bruce Dickinson and I find real Dickinson to be 100000000 times better than real Halford. I just find Iced Earth really bland nowadays.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Quote:
I think Ripper has a much better voice than Barlow, personally. Which is weird since Ripper is fake Halford and Barlow is fake Bruce Dickinson and I find real Dickinson to be 100000000 times better than real Halford. I just find Iced Earth really bland nowadays.
I always thought Barlow sounded like Paul Stanley. Oh well. Iced Earth used to be awesome. These days I only like a few of their new songs.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Quote:
I always thought Barlow sounded like Paul Stanley. Oh well. Iced Earth used to be awesome. These days I only like a few of their new songs.
I never really thought about that, but he does sound like Paul Stanley. He also still sounds like Dickinson with a really stuffy nose.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
So! What's everyone's thoughts on Suffocation and Behemoth?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Suffocation are one of my favorite bands. Death metal legends, and their still putting out quality stuff.

Behemoth also rule, which I've said many time. Started out as ok black metal then turned into a kick ass death metal band.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Quote:
I'm not really huge into either band, enjoy both though, but I really dig how Steven Wright says Behemoth. (See: Dogs, Reservoir)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Suffocation are amazing. The last couple of albums don't stand up to earlier work, but any Suffocation is great.

Behemoth are really good as well, but I didn't like the latest effort.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Quote:
I never really thought about that, but he does sound like Paul Stanley. He also still sounds like Dickinson with a really stuffy nose.
I never thought of Paul Stanley either until Ripper pointed it out in an interview (he wasn't insulting Barlow or anything, just describing his style and how it was different from his), now that's all I hear.

Funny, I popped in Horror Show the other day, and while I always thought Barlow was a really, really good singer, I was amazed by how much better Iced Earth is with Ripper. Barlow sounds like he has a cold.

I saw them on their Glorious Burden tour (with only about 30 other people in a club that can hold a few hundred... it was embarrassing), and Ripper made all the old songs sound better. I hope they record a live album with him, or maybe a sequel to Days of Purgatory, only now with Ripper doing all the old songs. I want to hear him sing Wolf!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Quote:
I'm not familiar with Suffocation, I love Behemoth though, they have some amazing albums, especially Thelema-6 and Demigod.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Suffocation are fucking amazing. Their latest CD was fantastic. Haven't heard The Apostasy by Behemoth, but Demigod was great.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Suffocation rules. I'm a little burnt out on them because I've listened to them so much. Their best effort is Pierced From Within. My love for Behemoth is well-documented on these forums.

I still say Barlow is a better fit for Iced Earth. He has a more distinct voice. Blind Guardian has always been superior to IE, though.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Bleh, I've never liked Blind Guardian. BG is pretty much what I hate about Power Metal.

I liked Suffocation's debut album the most out of their albums. Effigy of the Forgotten gets aped by nearly every deathcore band to come around nowadays. Especially, Frank's vocal style on that album. Pierced From Within is amazing as well.

I've been on my typical tri-monthly Strapping Young Lad kick. God, Aftermath is such an incredible song.