Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Music
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2006, 04:58 AM
recent playlist

Impaled Nazarene - Decade of Aggression 4/5
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark 4.5/5
Megadeth - Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? 5/5
Sword - Lord By Fire 3.5/5
Impaled Nazarene - Death Comes In 26 Carefully Selected Pieces 5/5
Manowar - Louder Than Hell 3.5/5
Manowar - Battle Hymns 4/5
Deceased - Supernatural Addiction 4.5/5
Manowar - Into Glory Ride 4.5/5
Impaled Nazarene - Ugra Karma 5/5
Sodom - Mortal Way of Live 4/5
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BigBoobBlondie
Savatage,
Savatage is one of the greatest bands ever.

I've heard a rumor that they may be getting together every member who's played with them in the past (minus Criss Oliva, obviously) to put out one massive final album/tour. I'm sad to hear that this would be the end, but excited to hear what comes from it.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah they are. I still pull out their Cds.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Any other fans of the band Wolf here? Cool heavy metal from Sweeden. Check out their new album The Black Flame. Good shit.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Oxiplegatz - Worlds and Worlds 3.5/5
Judas Priest - Killing Machine 4.5/5
Mercyful Fate - Time 5/5
Criss Caffery - Faces/Goddamn War 4/5
Cannibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn 3.5/5
Judas Priest - Jugulator 2.5/5
Manowar - Fighting the World 2.5/5
Manilla Road - Atlantis Rising 4/5
Bathory - The Return 4.5/5
Bathory - Blood Fire Death 4.5/5
Bathory - Bathory 5/5
Old 10-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Iron Maiden - Brave New World 10/10
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death 10/10
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death 10/10
Drudkh - Blood in Our Wells 9/10
Death - Symbolic 9/10
Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy 10/10
Wolf - The Black Flame 9/10
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Holy shit how much ass would this kick:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/53923
Old 11-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HannibalGuy
Holy shit how much ass would this kick:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/53923

It would definitely be an interesting listen. I would expect it to be more on the heavy metal side of things than black metal though, since Ihsahn has been moving away from black metal. Still, it would no doubt be a landmark album.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:35 PM
recent playlist

Nevermore - Dead Heart In a Dead World 4.5/5
Sabbat - Satanasword 3.5/5
Cradle of Filth - Thornography 4/5
Centurion's Ghost - A Sign of Things to Come 4/5
God Dethroned - Bloody Blasphemy 5/5
Iron Maiden - Powerslave 4/5
Gamma Ray - Majesty 4.5/5
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams 5/5
Cryptal Darkness - Sleep of Reason 3/5
Eyehategod - Confederacy of Ruined Lives 5/5
Old 11-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thebloodfeaster
It would definitely be an interesting listen. I would expect it to be more on the heavy metal side of things than black metal though, since Ihsahn has been moving away from black metal. Still, it would no doubt be a landmark album.
That's true. Ihsahn's last album was awesome, so I can just imagine music like that, mixed with Halford's vocals. I hope this idea goes through and they record.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Black Label Society - Shot to Hell 8/10
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign 9/10 (crushing! much better then The Code is Red)
Celtic Frost - Monotheist 9/10
Wolf - The Black Flame 9/10
Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell III: The Moster is Loose 9/10 (sue me, it rocks!)
Motorhead - Kiss of Death 10/10 (cant stop LEMMY)
Bathory - Requiem 8/10
Old 11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
my list and shit

Psyopus- Death, I

Isis- Celestial (tower)

Pelican- Mammoth

Dillinger Escape Plan- 43% Burnt

The Great Redneck Hope- Lets Fall in Love over AIM and Fuck when we meet at Cornerstone

Ion Dissonance- The Bud Dwyer Effect

Mare- They Sent You

Curl Up and Die- ..-… .-..-. ..--.-.-.-..-.-..--.--.- -.-. …. ..

Red Chord- Dreaming In Dog Years

Daughters- Then the C.H.U.D.S. came
Old 11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
CHECK OUT THIS BAND!!!

.. Don't mind me I'm shamelessly advertising my friend's band to help them out, that's all. So click on the link my fellow Metalheads and enjoy their deathness.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I've known this all along, but after falling in love with their albums again, I must say, Nile are one of the most amzing bands ever.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Quote:
I've known this all along, but after falling in love with their albums again, I must say, Nile are one of the most amzing bands ever.
Seconded. Nile are one of the few reasons I'm happy to say I live in the South. Them and Mastodon. Probably some other bands too, but I'm too drunk too really think of any. You suddenly made me wanna break my Nile Annihilation of the Wicked hooded sweatshirt out.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Nile - In Their Darkend Shrines 10/10
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked 9/10
Lamb of God - Scarament 8/10
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage 10/10
Rollins Band - The End of Silence 10/10
Rollins Band - Weight 10/10
Rollins Band - Come In And Burn 10/10
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death 10/10
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster is Loose 9/10
Old 11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
NEW SLOUGH FEG IN THE WORKS

Quote:
That's right, we are in the studio currently recording a new album with long time Co-Producer/Member Justin Phelps
at San Francisco's famed Hyde Street Studios. I put up some studio pics on the media
page, check 'em out.

In other news, we are almost out of Traveller shirts, so order now, cause when they are gone, well they
won't be available till next year or something.

We have been confirmed on the bill for the Heathen Crusade Festival in Minneapolis, MN in Jan. 2007

And yes, I am still working on getting some more videos converted as I have been reminded by several of you.
Sit tight, stay tuned, and maybe we'll post some mp3's that many of you have not yet heard.
YES
Old 11-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I realize they're not strictly metal, but Twisted Sister did make a Christmas album for us metal/hard rock fans. Seriously, go check out A Twisted Christmas. I'm utterly loving it. The best song on the album? Definitely "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" with the instrumentation to "We're Not Gonna Take It" playing underneath the vocals, but "The Twelve Days of Metal Christmas" comes close. 8/10
Old 11-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Playlist :
Ministy Twitch 7/10
Iron Maiden No Prayer for the dying 8/10 (very underrated)
Mystifier Goetia 7/10
Suffocation Effigy of the Forgotten 7/10
Thor's Hammer Dommedagsnatt 8/10 (that song "Norge" is killer!)
Cathedral Forest of Equilibrium 9/10
Rollins Band End of Silence 8/10
Old 11-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Anyone hear the new Halford track "Forgotten Generation"? It's on Halford's official myspace page. IMO, it's pretty standard stuff from the Metal God, but I dig it.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok so the year's almost done with, and it's about time I made my top 10 of '06 list. Here it be:

1. Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death - Progressive, catchy, epic, ect... Everything you expect from metal GOD'S Maiden is on here. With each new release, Maiden prove they're still the best.

2. Motorhead - Kiss of Death - Just like Maiden, Lemmy and Co. are still kicking ass and showing the newbies how it's done. Typical kick as stuff from Motorhead. Not a weak song on here.

3. Slayer - Christ Illusion - Lyrics aside, this was a step in the right direction for Slayer. True, this is no technical masterpiece, but it's crushing stuff from the thrash vets.

4. Cannibal Corpse - Kill - BRUTAL. Corpse are still one of the best DM bands around, and this proves it. Fast, technical, heavy as fuck. Everything you wanted from CC and more.

5. DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage - Ok, call them gay, cheasey, unoriginal or whatever, but the musiciansip on this album is astounding. So incredibly catchy. Personally I love it.

6. Suffocation - Suffocation - Just like Corpse, Suffocation prove with this album they still rule. Brutal, technical and flawless metal from the NYDM masters.

7. Celtic Frost - Monotheist - Dark, brooding, depressing. CF are back and this is a totally awsome album.

8. Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive - The Cult is indeed fucking alive. Black metal ledgends with a punk vibe make this a great album.

9. Mastodon - Blood Mountian - I truley believe this band is "mainstream" metals only hope. In an age when bands gain a level of populatiry, most of them become shit, but Mastodon never changed their awesome sound. Great band, Great album.

10. Strapping Young Lad - The New Black - Devin is a genius. Totaly insane shit from SYL.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 PM
My recent playlist:

Opeth - Ghost Reveries (9/10)
Fuck the Facts - Stigmata High-Five (8.5/10; this chick is fucking insane)
Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame (9/10)
Frightmare - Bringing Back the Bloodshed (8/10; love the horror movie samples)
Dog Fashion Disco - Adultery (10/10)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Guns n Roses - Catcher in the Rye

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild

Motley Crue - Hell on High Heels

Steve Vai - The Audience is Listening

Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien

Iron Maiden - Can I play with Madness

Alice Cooper - Feed my Frankenstein

Man O War - Warriors of the world united

Slash's Bluesball - Highway

Megadeth - A Tout le Monde
Old 12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
I finally picked up Pantera's 3 Vulgar Video's From Hell DVD, and it rules. All the videos, and the first disc has a live verson of Heresy that totally crushes.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Recent Plays:
Ministry Dark Side of the Spoon 8/10
Ministry Animositosima 8/10
Black Sabbath Master of Reality 10/10
Black Sabbath Sabbath bloody Sabbath 10/10
Cathedral Seventh Coming 8/10
Cathedral Forest of Equilibrium 10/10
Cathedral Endtyme 10/10
Suffocation Breeding the Spawn 7/10
Slayer Reign in Blood 8/10
Slayer Seasons in the Abyss 8/10
Electric Wizard Dopethrone 8/10
Old 12-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Black Sabbath - Volume 4 10/10
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side 9/10
Hammerfall - Threshold 9/10
GWAR - Beyond Hell 8/10
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical 9/10
Deicide - The Stentch of Redemption 9/10
Mastodon - Blood Mountian 10/10
Suffocation - Suffocation 9/10
Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Glad to see that the New Maiden is getting some love here...

Also nice to see a few people are putting Gamma Ray on their lists...Kai Hanson is very underrated.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Anyone hear the new Halford track "Forgotten Generation"? It's on Halford's official myspace page. IMO, it's pretty standard stuff from the Metal God, but I dig it.
I wasn't impressed. Rob's voice has really lost its edge, between this and the last Judas Priest album. Too bad.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Badbird
I wasn't impressed. Rob's voice has really lost its edge, between this and the last Judas Priest album. Too bad.
I feel the same somewhat. Like I said, it was pretty standard metal from Halford, and the first 2 solo albums were badass. But I disagree on the part of his voice. Priest are still awesome live, and Rob sounds awesome in a live setting.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
"Forgotten Generation" is fucking boring.

Abridged playlist...

Marduk-Plague Angel (7/10)
Queens of the Stone Age-Songs For the Deaf (9/10)
Behemoth-Thelema.6 (9/10)
God Dethroned-The Toxic Touch (6/10)
Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Time to pass thee ol' playlist; been listening to a lot of Sonic Youth these days if anyone cares.

Count Raven High on Infinity 8/10
Cathedral Supernatural Birth Machine 8/10
System of a down debut 7/10
Ulver Bergtatt 9/10
Sepultura Chaos A.D. 10/10
Sepultura Beneath the Remains 8/10
Motörhead Orgasmatron 7/10
Slayer God hates us all 5/10 (dammit, that album is not old at all and it hasn't aged well already)

btw, anybody into Ulver at all? I think they get way too little puplicity for that they accomplished.

Last edited by Dehydrator; 02-02-2007 at 08:53 AM..
Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Cradle of Filth - Dusk, and Her Embrace 10/10 (I forgot how good this album is. I miss old Cradle!)
Slayer - Reign in Blood 10/10
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Death - Live in LA 9/10
Suicidal Tendincies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow... 9/10
Old 02-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Cradle of Filth - Dusk, and Her Embrace 10/10 (I forgot how good this album is. I miss old Cradle!)
That album and Vempire rule. It's fucking depressing how far this band has fallen over the years. I mean freaking Ville Vallo????!!!!! I even like some the clerasil-drenched cheesy whiny pseudo- goth festering slime shit he's been putting out (one or two songs that is and one is his cover of "Don't fear the Reaper") but what is he doing on a Cradle album? They must be on really bad crack.

Last edited by Dehydrator; 02-03-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 02-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dehydrator
That album and Vempire rule. It's fucking depressing how far this band has fallen over the years. I mean freaking Ville Vallo????!!!!! I even like some the clerasil-drenched cheesy whiny pseudo- goth festering slime shit he's been putting out (one or two songs that is and one is his cover of "Don't fear the Reaper") but what is he doing on a Cradle album? They must be on really bad crack.
While I'm still a Cradle fan, I do agree that they've somewhat fallen. I think after Damnation and a Day is where it started to happen and I felt Damnation was for the most part, killer. But Nymphetamine (spell?) was a big let down. I liked maybe 3 tracks from that. Now as for the new album, I think it's very good, but I just wish they'd make an epic album like Dusk or Midian again.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine (10/10; I forgot how fucking good this album is)
The Dillinger Escape Plan & Mike Patton - Irony is a Dead Scene (8/10; it would be a ten if it was longer)
Primus - Pork Soda (9/10; not really metal, but what the hell)
Faith No More - Angel Dust (10/10)
Faith No More - The Real Thing (10/10)
Faith No More - King for a Day, Fool for a Life Time (10/10)
Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Quote:
While I'm still a Cradle fan, I do agree that they've somewhat fallen. I think after Damnation and a Day is where it started to happen and I felt Damnation was for the most part, killer. But Nymphetamine (spell?) was a big let down. I liked maybe 3 tracks from that. Now as for the new album, I think it's very good, but I just wish they'd make an epic album like Dusk or Midian again.
I think they descended after "Dusk", although "Cruelty" and "Midian" have something going for them (in parts, at least) I think that the "old" Cradle died after "Dusk". Maybe it's due to the fact that their production values changed after they started having more success. I think especially their keyboard sound (which sounded good on their early releases) has taken over so much of the other instruments, it just sounds overbearing and sterile to me. As for "Nymphetamine", I think "Glided Cunt" was alright, the rest wasn't really that memorable.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I adore Metal and yes I am one of those Metal Elitist (or well not directly horrible actually).

Here is were many people find me a bit annoying is when I say NuMetal and Metalcore is NOT METAL... And no it is not Alternative Metal either. I tend to bring that up a lot in Metal threads. What I consider Metal is more based on what I hear. If I hear a Numetal band I don't hear Metal. I hear Hard Rock playing Power Cords (sometimes) or faster guatars but nothing stricks me as metal. Some Numetal/ Metalcore bands do have more of a metal edge to them then most but I still would never consider them metal.

At the sametime I am one that dispises Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society. I find both Zak and Ozzy to be horrible. Yes Ozzy may have been in one of the first true Metal bands or trute Metal band to be consider "Metal" but that doesn't make him a great solo artist. What truely made Black Sabbath was Tony Iommi. He is an amazing guatarist of his generation and even today he stands out.

As for my favorites I do enjoy bands that most Metal Elite despise or hate but still they are Metal. I don't perticularly like female vocalsit but I do like a few female fronted bands. Here is my favorites list...

Blind Guardian
Amon Amarth
Darkthrone
Kamelot
Demons and Wizards
Harmmerfall
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Opeth
Elis
Epica
SOME Nightwish (depends on song)
SOME Within Temptation (depends on song)
Megadeth
Manowar
Death
Naplam Death
Immortal
Bathory
Morbid Angel
Black Sabbath
Dio
Tristania
Rhapsody of Fire
Sonata Arctica
SOME Dragonforce (I don't perticularly care for them any more)
Celtic Frost
Burzum
Paradise Lost
Helloween
ElvenKing
etc...

I like a lot of Metal.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Quote:

Thornography is a kick ass album, I wasn't at all disappointed - I'm a huge CoF fan though (I own all of their albums).
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
swedish metal is best
follwed by british
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Lamb of God was on Conan last week and that was the first time I had ever heard them. For not being a huge fan of metal they were pretty good.