#1  
Old 09-03-2006, 04:40 PM
left behind 4

did anyone know a website about the next movie or any information on left behind 4 or when the movie will be release please respond anyone
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM
surprisingly no, I do not know if the 4th one will be coming
out any time soon.

But if you like hit me

Secondly now that Sony is taking over,
you might want to hit me here too aswell

I love these movies, because it's all about the rapture and
the aftermath, man, am I ever glad to be saved
and soon enough, not that I am trying to set a time
limit, raptured.

Jesus owns me

You might want to hit me here too Kirk Cameron's and Ray's home page.,
just peruse their site, and Kirk will post about what's
new, and some witnessing tools.

In Christ,
Charles

Last edited by RavenBlade; 09-04-2006 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlade
surprisingly no, I do not know if the 4th one will be coming
out any time soon.

But if you like hit me

Secondly now that Sony is taking over,
you might want to hit me here too aswell

I love these movies, because it's all about the rapture and
the aftermath, man, am I ever glad to be saved
and soon enough, not that I am trying to set a time
limit, raptured.

Jesus owns me

You might want to hit me here too Kirk Cameron's and Ray's home page.,
just peruse their site, and Kirk will post about what's
new, and some witnessing tools.

In Christ,
Charles
awesome post dude, 100% agreeance with ya... and i am anxiously awaiting the 4th one, hopefully it wont be as long of a wait as it was for 3
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I can't fucking wait for the Rapture.

Then us left-behinders will finally be rid of douches like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. They can't disappear fast enough, frankly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Beeblebrox
I can't fucking wait for the Rapture.

Then us left-behinders will finally be rid of douches like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. They can't disappear fast enough, frankly.
No, I'm afraid they'll stay, since they're asswipes who exploit Christianity to make money. Remember how Pat Robertson would advertise his products during sermons?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2006, 04:50 AM
IM a big fan of the books, i have evry one of them and have read them but i didnt get into the films after the second one. BUt if you like christian themed movies theres a great one called Omega Code!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2006, 05:29 AM
The Rapture is a cool idea that can be done really well, but I've seen the first one and I didn't like it much. I can't really fault them for it though, you need a big budget to tackle an idea like that and, well, we all know how much $$$ the pro-Christian movies get from Hollywood studios
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Beeblebrox
I can't fucking wait for the Rapture.

Then us left-behinders will finally be rid of douches like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. They can't disappear fast enough, frankly.

Actually it's in the twinkling of the eye that's how fast
it will occur. Now, you are generalising that all Christians
are like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robinson, you base your
assumptions that if you are Christian, your like
those two you mentioned. Sorry, but their actions
don't reflect mine, and if you got to know some
Christians, you may just change your mind.
I am not witnessing to you, just driving my point.

You see, this is why we Christians get a bad rap,
and are then subject to persecution, just as
the Bible states, and it will get progressivly
worse during the last 3 and half years of
the Great Tribulation, because your self
proclaimed messiah will be indwelt by
Satan. And God will allow that half the
christian and jews who become
Christians will be severely persecuted,
and most non-believers will be ensnared,
by the wicked wiles of satan.


I'm ready to die for my God, and my Saviour.
to whom I will always love.

I hope I didn't come off as preachy,
as it's not really my forte.

Forever in Christ,
Charles
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlade
Now, you are generalising that all Christians
are like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robinson, you base your
assumptions that if you are Christian, your like
those two you mentioned. Sorry, but their actions
don't reflect mine, and if you got to know some
Christians, you may just change your mind.
Speaking of generalized assumptions, I AM a Christian, thanyouverymuch. So is almost everyone in my family. A few are Jewish, one is atheist.

Quote:
You see, this is why we Christians get a bad rap,
and are then subject to persecution
Yes, us poor ole 80% of the population Christians.

I just don't believe in the Rapture. And none of us are being persecuted. I don't know any Christians who are. And the false perception of under-representation in mainstream movies doesn't count as persecution.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Beeblebrox
Speaking of generalized assumptions, I AM a Christian, thanyouverymuch. So is almost everyone in my family. A few are Jewish, one is atheist.



Yes, us poor ole 80% of the population Christians.

I just don't believe in the Rapture. And none of us are being persecuted. I don't know any Christians who are. And the false perception of under-representation in mainstream movies doesn't count as persecution.
I'm not here to sway you into believeing in the Rapture,
though it is mentioned in the Bible, ok, in Latin Vulgate
as Rapterio, not sure If I spelt that right, but you get the
drift.

You know Beeble, I am going to apologize
for making my generalizations, though
your first post made it seem like
that was your intent. It would've been
easier to have just Said that you were a Christian,
and then my big mouth would've closed.

You say none of us are being persecuted,
well, my mother did, and a friend of hers
followed suit.

But what you fail to realize, all the genosides
of Devout Christians over seas, getting their
arms cut off, upto and including limbs
and their heads, all because they put
their trust in the Lord, That my friend
is persecution, and those who live in
the states are lucky at this moment.

They also torture, ban bibles in China.
Bet you money, you didn't hear
that an American missionary was
severely persecuted, beaten up,
Do you know that in China it is now
against the law to print your own
Bibles? It's gotten worse where
small groups of people hide
from the police, and if they are found
holding a service over there, that
they are beaten and locked
up in Jail? This is something
you won't hear on the
10 o'clock news in the states.

Well I'm done, sorry for rambling.
Lets just get back to the topic
at hand, Left Behind 4.

In Christ,
Charles
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Beeblebrox


I just don't believe in the Rapture. And none of us are being persecuted. I don't know any Christians who are. And the false perception of under-representation in mainstream movies doesn't count as persecution.
Wow, you don't believe in the Rapture? I'm not attacking your belief, that's just something I've never heard of from other Christians. Personally, I think Revelation is currently happening and the Rapture is imminent. But of course your free to have your own belief system. Everyone else is.

Don't forget, however, that Jesus even says that all his followers will be persecuted. I think we are being persecuted to a degree. I'm not talking about the government holding back religious values in the government or anything. But look at the Radical Muslims. They hate both Jews and Christians. In India they're known for killing Christians, so much so that the missionaries have to be surrounded by fences.

And yes, there is hate for Christians at home as well. My own brother, an atheist, hates anything and everything about Christians...all because he felt he was forced to go to church as a child. (And, just to add, none of us in the family force our beliefs on him). And I know he's not the only one in our beloved country who hates Christians.

But, that said, back to the Left Behind series. I watched the first film and had trouble not laughing. The special effects looked like something from a PowerPoint presentation and the acting was pretty bad. Not to mention the film was very judgemental (there are two women who are left behind who are obviously your stereotypical lesbians) and turned me off right away.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
Wow, you don't believe in the Rapture? I'm not attacking your belief, that's just something I've never heard of from other Christians.
Then you need to get out more. The "Rapture" is a relatively fundamentalist-only interpretation. If I'm not mistaken, in fact, the entire Roman Catholic Church officially rejects the notion.

In any case, it is by no means a universal Christian belief.

Quote:
Personally, I think Revelation is currently happening and the Rapture is imminent.
Fundamentalist Christians have been awaiting the "imminent" Apocalypse/Revelation/Rapture for about 2000 years now. EVERY year, going back centuries, some world event has been seen as a sign that it's going to happen any day now.

As for the persecution of Christians, every religion is persecuted at some point in some way or another. Muslims and Jews kill each other every day in the Middle East. And you won't get a more ridiculed religion in our own media today than Scientology.

Christians have it relatively easy. The fact that the evangelicals have to play up their victimhood despite controlling every branch of American govt, the media, and dominating the American population is just pathetic. Yeah, that's some persecution there. I'm sure the Jews who survived the Holocaust are crying a river of tears.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger



And yes, there is hate for Christians at home as well. My own brother, an atheist, hates anything and everything about Christians...all because he felt he was forced to go to church as a child. (And, just to add, none of us in the family force our beliefs on him). And I know he's not the only one in our beloved country who hates Christians.


Most athiests/agnostics I know have nothing against christians. Myself included.


As for the Left Behind movies- I watched half of the first one with my parents, and no offense to anyone here, laughed my ass off.

Last edited by screamer581; 09-06-2006 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by screamer581
Most athiests/agnostics I know have nothing against christians. Myself included.


As for the Left Behind movies- I watched half of the first one with my parents, and no offense to anyone here, laughed my ass off.

I remember going to a video store and seeing Left Behind in the "Comedy" section. I thought it was appropriately categorized.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by screamer581
Most athiests/agnostics I know have nothing against christians. Myself included.


As for the Left Behind movies- I watched half of the first one with my parents, and no offense to anyone here, laughed my ass off.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying all atheists/agnostics have hate towards Christians. I was just citing my brother as an example.

And no offense taken. The movie sucks.


Quote:
The "Rapture" is a relatively fundamentalist-only interpretation. If I'm not mistaken, in fact, the entire Roman Catholic Church officially rejects the notion.
The Book of Revelation itself says that 144,000 will be saved and not have to endure the reign of the beast. Now, not a whole lot of people obviously. However there will be people who will disappear from the world as we know it. The words Rapture or Tribulation and the like aren't in the Bible (actually I take that back, tribulation is mentioned in Revelation 7:14), but the ideas are there.

Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have been awaiting the "imminent" Apocalypse/Revelation/Rapture for about 2000 years now. EVERY year, going back centuries, some world event has been seen as a sign that it's going to happen any day now.
You're right, but it's my personal belief that it really is occuring now. Revelation is full of so many riddles and is written in such a way that it's difficult to truly know what events signal what. I won't argue that, we all have our own interpretations of the texts.

Quote:
Christians have it relatively easy. The fact that the evangelicals have to play up their victimhood despite controlling every branch of American govt, the media, and dominating the American population is just pathetic. Yeah, that's some persecution there. I'm sure the Jews who survived the Holocaust are crying a river of tears.
But again, you're merely looking at Christians from the American perspective. Look at the early years of Christianity. Christians were killed by the early Roman dictators, it's believed possible that Jews killed many as well (since they considered the idea of Jesus being the son of God blasphemous). In the present day middle east, Christians are considered an evil people by radical Muslims. Christian missionaries in India have to be barricaded.

Now, have we had Holocaust type persecution? No. The Jews actually had two, count them two, Holocausts. There'll come a time when the Beast reigns and Christians (those not in the 144,000) go through even worse persecution.

Last edited by Mr. Fred Krueger; 09-06-2006 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
In the present day middle east, Christians are considered an evil people by radical Muslims. Christian missionaries in India have to be barricaded.
Radical Muslims hate ALL non-Muslims, not just Christians. Christian persecution would mean someone authoritarian entity, usually a state, is targeting Christians specifically. But as you yourself pointed out, radical Muslims also hate Jews, probably more so. They've definitely tried to kill a lot more Jews lately than Christians, albeit that's more a function of proximity and circumstance.

Quote:
There'll come a time when the Beast reigns and Christians (those not in the 144,000) go through even worse persecution.
That may well be. I'm just saying that it ain't happening right now, as much as fundamentalist Christianists would like to believe otherwise.

As for the movie Left Behind, a full disclosure: I have neither read the books nor seen the movies so I can't comment on them specifically. I remember my dad telling me that they should make a movie out of the books (he's a Believer). I told him that someone who believes in it would be fairer to the material, but that a) you couldn't justify a big budget or a wide theatrical release with such a relatively limited audience, and b) fundamentalist Christians are notoriously bad filmmakers.

What I've seen of the first film bares out both assumptions, although the film has certainly done well enough on home video to warrant a few DTV sequels, which is an appropriate market for this type of work.

Last edited by Beeblebrox; 09-06-2006 at 11:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 PM
wow

Quote:
That may well be. I'm just saying that it ain't happening right now, as much as fundamentalist Christianists would like to believe otherwise.
you're an idiot...and you I'm sure you couldn't possibly understand how ignorant you sound..it's not happening now? Irans threatening to wipe israel off the map...homosexuality, drugs, pornography...are all becoming more and more prominent, the pope's life is being threatened as predicted by saint malachai in the year 1139 by a vision from god...wow
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
How Christian like of you JesusFreak
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm certain that you can't possibly morph vague Biblical prophesies to fit into any time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Re: wow

Quote:
Originally posted by JesusFreak
you're an idiot...and you I'm sure you couldn't possibly understand how ignorant you sound..
Okay, JesusFREAK. I'll bet you a MILLION DOLLARS that you die before the Rapture happens. And if you're raptured and don't need the million dollars, then I can put up something else.

But otherwise, you leave me everything in your will if you die before the Rapture. Deal?

Quote:
it's not happening now? Irans threatening to wipe israel off the map...
And has been for how many decades?

Quote:
homosexuality, drugs, pornography...are all becoming more and more prominent
I didn't realize Revelation mentioned pornography or drugs. But in any case, I'm sure you have hard evidence that all three are more prominent than, say, thousands of years ago when the prophesies were written.

This wouldn't be yet another example of your cloudy misperceptions based on your fanatical Christianism and deep, deep wish that all this were happening right now, would it?

Quote:
the pope's life is being threatened as predicted by saint malachai in the year 1139 by a vision from god...wow [/B]
I recall the prior Pope being SHOT AT. But I'm sure that NO ONE used that as an example of the end times. That prediction MUST be referring to this single example.

And since when is this prediction part of Revelation anyhow?

Last edited by Beeblebrox; 09-22-2006 at 10:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump