Old 09-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Gene Hackman

I just saw Mississippi Burning for the first time in a while and he just fucking owns the screen.

I don't think there is anything he can't do. Plays a perfect villian, has amazing comedic timing, play a great hero, anti-hero... fuuuuckk.

Probably the best delivery of anyone I can think of too...

RESPEKT!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 AM
The man's an acting genius. He can play any character in any movie. Big ass Yea! from me.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Big fucking YAY! Gene Hackman is a rare gem on the screen whenever he appears. He has created characters that will stand the test of time such as Det. Jimmy 'Popeye' Doyle, Captain Ramsey and so many others. I can't wait for the "Dirty Harry" videogame coming out next year because Gene voices one of the main characters in it.

I also can't wait to see the Donner Cut of "Superman 2" as we'll get more Lex Luthor footage that we've never seen!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:04 AM
YAY

i dont think ive ever seen a bad performance from him
Old 09-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ElderPredator
I can't wait for the "Dirty Harry" videogame coming out next year because Gene voices one of the main characters in it.
That's awesome cause Clint Eastwood is also doing Dirty Harry's voice (duh) and I was just about to comment on how awesome it was in Unforgiven to see "Dirty Harry vs Popeye Doyle" in a way, only not, lol. Gene Hackman is probably my favorite actor overall and not only a great actor, he's got one of those trademark voices that kinda draws you in, much like Eastwood, Pacino, and DeNiro, among others. I also worship his talks about how he was "trained to be an actor, not a celebrity." Nice to see someone who CAN brag and fall all over himself, yet shuns the whole huge celebrity publicity gig instead.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Right on! I love that man! No Way Out is one of my fav movies of all time!
He is very versatile, I love actors like that. I agree, he has a great voice.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I think he's great.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Fantastic actor. Big YAY from me.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Hackman's a legend.

Yay Yay Yay
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Huge YAY from me. Hackman's the man.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
A huge YAY!!! The guy is incapable of delivering anything less than a stunning performance. I still can't believe that I have The Conversation sitting here and haven't watched it yet. I'm a dufus.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm bored my 10 favorite Hackman performances.

1. THE CONVERSATION
2. THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS
3. THE FRENCH CONNECTION
4. UNFORGIVEN
5. MISSISSIPPI BURNING
6. SUPERMAN
7. BONNIE AND CLYDE
8. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
9. CRIMSON TIDE
10. HOOSIERS

Crap that was hard.

I can't believe he's nearly 80.