Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by !MorganOnyx!
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH

* Falls to the ground, shaking uncontrollably, talking jibberish at the disbelief to what he just read *

Ha ha only joking!!!!!................NOT!!! What the FUCK is wrong with you???!!! Did you use your EYES to watch the film, and EARS to hear the film??!!! Or did you sit facing the wrong way whilst listening to WESTLIFE the whole time??!!

Just playing.

It was Westlife.

my bad
Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 PM

I absolutely LOVE the original BLACK CHRISTMAS. Seriously. It's in my top ten favorite films. The remake however was one of the absolute worst pieces of garbage I have ever seen. I would actually give it a 0/10 which I hardly EVER give a movie. And I don't wan't to hear any crap like "You only hate it cause you're close minded to all remakes" because I actually did enjoy the Dawn of the Dead and Hills Have Eyes remakes (thought they were better than the originals... gasp!). One of the great things about the original is that nothing is explained about the killer but in the remake... well I won't even get into it. And was that ending tacked on at the last minute or what? Totally worthless... Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I finally watched it for the first time recently.

I did see the remake before and while I didn't really hate it, I can't really remember anything about it other than that ridiculous backstory with Billy And Agnus.

One of the nice surprises for me was how funny the movie was. Margot Kidder and the woman who played the Housemother were fun to watch.

I've seen some of the clips that made the movie a classic and was worried I would be disappointed when they came up, but I didn't. The famous eyeball scene got me anyway.

I'm in agreement that this movie works because there is still a mystery about Billy even at the end. The fact that it's just some random psycho makes it very scary.

It's definitely near the top of my favorite horror films list.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Bob Clark's Black Christmas is such a classic chiller I can't even indulge in the fanboy sucking up without eyes rolling. Just,
Spoiler:
that scene with the eyes man.
The remake had the atmosphere down perfectly, as I recall (last time I saw it was its initial release on dvd. I saw it once in theaters as well), but everything else was so terribly executed. The characters were typical slasher fare, but performed by very capable actresses that actually made the film enjoyable if for nothing else them. (Katie Cassidy bugged the crap out of me, though...And of course, she was the leading lady. ) The gore was unnecessary, but I suppose had a few neat kills, and a lot of crappers as well.
Spoiler:
(The killer in the back seat of the car...naw, I don't buy it.)

Anyways, this was a classic and great pioneer of film...witha remake so bad Hollywood managed to do the exact opposite of what audiences admire of the original.

Last edited by MisoGenie; 08-25-2011 at 10:35 AM..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
The remake was horribe, it is good I saw the original before the remake. The original is probably my favorite horror film, or close to it.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
The original was great but the endless comparisons to the original Halloween are needless. I don't care if it predated Halloween by 14 years instead of 4, it's not even in the same ballpark.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 AM
It's just a matter of Halloween being so widely received as the godfather (figuratively, not as in the film The Godfather) of slasher films, so when people see a film such as this, or Peeping Tom, or Psycho, they have to compare. It's a matter of relativity more than anything.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
It's just a matter of Halloween being so widely received as the godfather (figuratively, not as in the film The Godfather) of slasher films, so when people see a film such as this, or Peeping Tom, or Psycho, they have to compare. It's a matter of relativity more than anything.
I still need to see Peeping Tom.

But, as a film, I find Black Christmas genuinely more frightening and disturbing then Halloween. I know it's the "cool" thing to say you like BC better these days, but I really do. Both have wonderful atmosphere and build suspense better then any other slasher ever made imo, but BC trumps Halloween in two major departments. Overall creepiness and acting. Thats my one main gripe with Halloween. Aside from Pleasance and Curtis I couldn't stand the acting/characters in Halloween. Annie and Linda are straight up annoying, yo!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
I still need to see Peeping Tom.

But, as a film, I find Black Christmas genuinely more frightening and disturbing then Halloween. I know it's the "cool" thing to say you like BC better these days, but I really do. Both have wonderful atmosphere and build suspense better then any other slasher ever made imo, but BC trumps Halloween in two major departments. Overall creepiness and acting. Thats my one main gripe with Halloween. Aside from Pleasance and Curtis I couldn't stand the acting/characters in Halloween. Annie and Linda are straight up annoying, yo!
Black Christmas also doesn't have endless sequels behind it, but I still love Halloween.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I love the obscene phone calls:

"LET ME LICK IIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HaHaHa!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:13 PM
^^Somehow, I have a feeling that CountChocula has made phone calls impersonating Billy at least once in his life.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM

I found this at the used dvd store just a couple of weeks ago. I thought to my self could it possibly live up to the hype? Oh yes, and then some. Amazing film. They just don't make 'em like this anymore.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickJones View Post
I found this at the used dvd store just a couple of weeks ago. I thought to my self could it possibly live up to the hype? Oh yes, and then some. Amazing film. They just don't make 'em like this anymore.
Not at all. Even the films which do put forth some genuine effort (The Strangers, for instance) don't cut it. But, that's what makes the oldies so great, as well as the films which made them so iconic!