Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Stephen King's "Cell"

I admit, I've been slow on my reading latley, but have been catching up. Normally with King, I've read all his stuff in order, and pick up his new novels the day they come out (a tradtion I've had since the release of Bag of Bones). But caught up in other things Cell escaped me and I read Lisey's Story first. But anyway...

Just finnished Cell, and King still proves he's the (pun intended) King of his craft. No time wasting here folks. King hits us in the face with carnage in the first few pages of Cell. What King does so well is he takes a crazy premise and makes us believe it's possible. If you've not read Cell yet, then do so. You'll never look at a cell phone the same way again.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I've been wanting to read this for awhile now, especially since it's being made into a movie, by (I think) Eli Roth.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Meh, while I suppose I liked it fine, it pales in comparison to his earlier work. If you want to see King go balls out, maximum carnage awesomness, read The Regulators, which he wrote under his handle Richard Bachman. That shit is "crazy," and much better than Cell.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Really I despised The Regulators . Its crazy certianly, but I hated the characters. I actually liked the characters in Cell particuraly Alice.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by chinton
Really I despised The Regulators . Its crazy certianly, but I hated the characters. I actually liked the characters in Cell particuraly Alice.
I loved The Regulators. It's such a departure from the rest of King's work.

I'd like to point out specifics, but I really loved every single thing about it, so just imagine me holding the book with a big shit eating grin on my face and thumb extended.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Whenever I think of THE REGULATORS, I think of it's sister/brother novel, DESPERATION.

In the end, I love DESPERATION, but THE REGULATORS didn't do much for me.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I wasn't the biggest fan of Cell but it should make for a pretty cool movie.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrJellyfingers
I wasn't the biggest fan of Cell but it should make for a pretty cool movie.
Ditto

It's cinematic. It'd be a fun time for two hours to kill. I could see the whole novel - the important parts - fitting into one movie, where most of the time a novel needs more than two hours to tell the story.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I just started reading this book.

Last edited by therealjohng; 02-21-2007 at 09:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Haven't read it, I tried going in order of smallest to biggest order of his books hoping to end with IT, but I went through which seemed more interesting to me.

still sounds good, reading four past midnight with the story, Secret Window, Secret Garden, that way I can watch the movie right after it, good story so far.