#41  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by powersauce
However, EP,"Inigo" will spare you just in case someone creates an anti Jen Garner (who we definitely both agree on and love) thread to bring our pitchforks to.
Yeah....I'm not really a fan of Jennifer Garner....the only real talent she has is being able to stay with Ben Affleck and raise what can only be considered a manifestation of lust and booze.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 AM
She's beautiful and can actually act. Overrated not.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vong
Yeah....I'm not really a fan of Jennifer Garner....the only real talent she has is being able to stay with Ben Affleck and raise what can only be considered a manifestation of lust and booze.

Those are fighting words. Nobody messes with my Jennifer Garner. Not that she needs my help in defending her. Anyone who has seen Alias or Daredevil or Elektra knows that she can defend herself!


As for Portman, overrated? Not at all. Great actress and very gorgeous too. Her performance in V for Vendetta is particularly great.

Big yay!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-03-2007, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemovies
Those are fighting words. Nobody messes with my Jennifer Garner.
Agreed
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vong
Yeah....I'm not really a fan of Jennifer Garner....the only real talent she has is being able to stay with Ben Affleck and raise what can only be considered a manifestation of lust and booze.
Yeah. I don't really get why guys love her so much.

Keep in mind that the tougher looking girls usually don't do anything for me, though, and you might understand why.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:28 AM
I'd take Garner over Portman anytime. Fiesty.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cobretti
I'd take Garner over Portman anytime. Fiesty.
For shame!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Eh, havent liked a thing she has been in since Leon. She isnt attractive and her feet look like something I would expect to see on a 50 yr old man.

Big NAY, way over rated.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ElderPredator
I just don't see any talent in Rachel at all. She didn't impress me at all in "Red Eye" and she has yet to do anything really mind-blowing.

You cannot be serious!

You're telling me that SJ would be better in her "just stand there and look pretty" performance in The Prestige than "my wife" in a scene of her crying in The Family Stone? Heck, Diane Keaton once said about McA that she hadn't been impressed with someone this much since Meryl Streep. This wasn't just anybody. This is a legend like Diane.

The actress who played Bale's wife in Prestige acted circles around SJ.

Last edited by powersauce; 03-11-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by powersauce

You're telling me that SJ would be better in her "just stand there and look pretty" performance in The Prestige than "my wife" in a scene of her crying in The Family Stone? Heck, Diane Keaton once said about McA that she hadn't been impressed with someone this much since Meryl Streep. This wasn't just anybody. This is a legend like Diane.

The actress who played Bale's wife in Prestige acted circles around SJ.
I'm sorry powersauce but I just don't see it. As well, the fact that Diane Keaton said she was great means nothing to me since I think Diane is one of the most overrated actresses of all-time. Maybe if she'd take off her friggin' sunglasses and take on an original role, maybe I'd have more respect for her.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rachel a lot and she does have talent. However, there is no way that she's the next Meryl Streep, no way! I'd say that she is on the same level for acting talent as Scarlett. I don't think Scarlett is a good actress either.

*waits silently to get pounded*
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ElderPredator
*waits silently to get pounded*

What you do in your private life is no business of ours.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Dud
For shame!
I 2nd that for shame!
Portman is a GODDESS.
A GODDESS!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by therealjohng
What you do in your private life is no business of ours.
And damn you!
I was going to say that.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-17-2007, 11:50 AM
OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

not only is she OVERATED but she a liberal too ! ! ! ! ! !

BIG THUMBS DOWN

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Re: OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
not only is she OVERATED but she a liberal too ! ! ! ! ! !

BIG THUMBS DOWN

And, of course, NOBODY in Hollywood is liberal!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 AM
ok ......

what about arnold the Govenator ?? and that meant that i HATE liberals they are ruining this country.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Backstabba
I 2nd that for shame!
Portman is a GODDESS.
A GODDESS!!!!

I like Portman, a lot even. But I'd take Garner over her too.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
what about arnold the Govenator ?? and that meant that i HATE liberals they are ruining this country.
lol
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemovies
I like Portman, a lot even. But I'd take Garner over her too.
thats like choosing Jodie Foster over Kate Beckinsale...Natalie's my wife...and we've had a kid and we're banging daily, and living very happy thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Very simple...

Portman YAY, Garner YAY, McAdams YAY

Can't we all just get along
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
what about arnold the Govenator ?? and that meant that i HATE liberals they are ruining this country.

Please go away.


And Portman is not overrated.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Re: Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by screamer581
Please go away.


And Portman is not overrated.
NOPE NOT HAPPENING NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME



Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Yay.

Creepy pictures of men in suits do not belong in a Portman thread!






I giver her a big "yay". Shes smart, a great actress, and seems more grounded in reality then alot of Hollywood.

In fact, id probably say shes my favorite actress at the current time.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Re: OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
not only is she OVERATED but she a liberal too ! ! ! ! ! !

BIG THUMBS DOWN

Oh.
MY
GOD!

Gather the torches and pitchforks!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 AM
I don't think shes overrated - shes not particuarly my style but I can see why people think shes attractive,she doesn't really have that hollywood celebrity look,she has that wholesome,girl next door thing going on.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Re: Re: Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
NOPE NOT HAPPENING NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME




You bore me.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Re: Re: OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Backstabba
Oh.
MY
GOD!

Gather the torches and pitchforks!

I'm joining you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by screamer581
You bore me.
so if i bore you then why do you keep posting
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ok ......

Quote:
Originally posted by wickedsteel
so if i bore you then why do you keep posting
He's not continuing to post, he just posted to inform you that you bored him, and hasn't posted since.

Also.

No, she isn't.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-21-2007, 03:34 PM

Shes one of the best actresses in Hollywood, and seems like a really nice person off set as well.


LEON made me a fan, but V FOR VENDETTA, CLOSER, and GARDEN STATE all rocked.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shockwave
Shes one of the best actresses in Hollywood, and seems like a really nice person off set as well.


LEON made me a fan, but V FOR VENDETTA, CLOSER, and GARDEN STATE all rocked.

...why thank you....

*turns to my wife: Natalie Portman*


see baby everyone likes you....but only I love you...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Re: Re: OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Dud
And, of course, NOBODY in Hollywood is liberal!
That avatar has been on my wall since the issue came out, guy.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Re: Re: Re: OVERATED LIBERAL ACTRESS

Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
That avatar has been on my wall since the issue came out, guy.
Glad to hear it!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 AM

I think Portman is very cute. She isn't all glammed up Hollywood with fake tits and lips. She's the girl next door who I could fall in love with. I don't watch her movies but she gets a yay from me. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
She's not the most beautiful actress to ever live so I'm not going to chastise the original poster, but, as stated before, Natalie Portman's pretty hot in a non-glamourized way. Ignoring the Star Wars prequels, she's not a bad actress either and she gives one of the best child actor performances I've seen in The Professional.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
i think she's great
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Overrated
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
YAY but.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Vong
You don't blame the poor acting from the Star Wars films on the actors...you blame George Lucas for bieng a shitty director.
As Kubrick said, bad performances are pretty much the fault of both the actor and the director.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:51 AM
She's a pretty one but nothing special really. Her acting talents aren't above average and I wouldn't even call her so hot. Nice, but not hot.

Overrated.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by God of Cinema
YAY but.....



As Kubrick said, bad performances are pretty much the fault of both the actor and the director.
I'm sorry, but Kubrick gave his writers solid lines to work with, NOBODY could give a great performance with the prequel scripts, it is existentially impossible.

Last edited by Scarfather; 09-25-2007 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarfather
I'm sorry, but Kubrick gave his writers solid lines to work with, NOBODY could give a great performance with the prequel scripts, it is existentially impossible.
Indeed.

I must prepare for the war against all those who fail to recognize my girl's brilliance!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump