Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Captain America

From CNN.com:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- He fought and triumphed over Hitler, Tojo, international Communism and a host of supervillains, (SPOILERS) but he could not dodge a sniper's bullet. (END SPOILERS)

Comic book hero Captain America is dead.

After close to 60 years in print, Marvel Comics has killed off Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, one of its most famous and beloved superheroes amid an already controversial story line, "Civil War," which is pitting the heroes of Marvel's universe against one another.

Last edited by Kings-Rook1; 03-09-2007 at 07:49 AM..
Old 03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
You know he'll be coming back... The books that're for sale on Ebay are going as high as $220, when the cover price is only $4!!!!!

I never liked Cap America anyway, I always thought he was a pansy pussy ass piece of shit, and I hope he stays dead... But we all know he won't, so when he's brought back, the dumbasses who're paying the exorbitant prices on Ebay now, will be kicking themselves when those issues are worthless.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I was sooooooo pissed when I saw this in the news yesterday. I didn't even have a chance to read the book first.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Trail_Blazer: Dude you know it, in a months the thing is going to be $20 max. It's supply and demand at work, as soon as the 2nds and 3rds pop out demand and hype will dive and you'll be able to find is easily. Happens every time...and if he (actually when) comes back the thing will be worth $1. (You can get one at Dynamic Forces signed by the artist for $20.00!)

Solomon Grundy: I know what your saying...yesterday I was watching the usual propaganda on CNN and BAM! Cap is dead. Not like I was planning on buying it or even reading it but they spoiled the whole deal; what, how and why. I was a little concerned about posting this thread but figured if CNN was telling the world...WTF.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks a lot for spoiling that for me. Smart move putting the spoiler in the fucking thread header.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks a fucking LOT for fucking posting a spoiler thread title.

That's one of the most fucked-up, shittiest things I've seen all week.

I can't call you an asshole, but this is the act of assholery.

FUCK
Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I apologize. I will leave it up to a moderator’s opinion to delete or change. I have tried to edit but can not change the topic subject. Again, I have stated nothing that has not been broadcast by the major networks; still that does not make it right and again I apologize.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
....Captain America's dead?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Considering all the conspiracy/illuminati shit that's been going on with Civil War, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another misleading piece of the puzzle. What I'm really pissed off about is when I'm going to be able to get my hands on a copy of the actual issue. I go to the comic store to get my stuff every other weekend, and I'll be there this weekend, but I have a feeling all their copies'll be long gone. I don't really mind picking up 2nd/3rd prints, it's just annoying. No fucking way am I going on eBay and paying extra, I hear the issue itself isn't even that great.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 AM
It might be worth it to show up early to pick up your stash; most stores survive on customer loyalty and won’t screw you (if you have a subscription service through them). After I saw the news I called four stores in the area and all had sold out within hours on Wednesday. Most are getting more in next week, but you can expect to pay an arm and a leg for a copy. 2nds will more then likely be out in three or so weeks.

The “event” is getting crazy press coverage:
ABC News, CNN, E-News , NY Daily, Reuters, USAToday, and Yahoo News just to site a few.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
....Captain America's dead?
I know, man.... Be brave.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
He had a good run.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I was flipping through the channels late last night and stumbled upon Geraldo talking with someone involved with Marvel Comics. Geraldo, being "how he is", went even further than simplying saying "a sniper", and described who it was, and when his guest implied Geraldo shouldn't have gone that far, Geraldo laughed it off with a "Whoops!"

Old 03-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Why would they kill a symolism of America? Sounds treasury to me.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dennisv
Treasury? Like money?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:31 PM

How exactly do you kill off a " super soldier " that in part means invincible right? Dumb move in my mind, what now rebuild him like the 6 million dollar man.so where do we go from here, wonder woman becomes a stripper to make ends meet................!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Geeze...I get like a month behind on comic books and I miss this???

Oh well, you know he'll be back...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joystoy
so where do we go from here, wonder woman becomes a stripper to make ends meet................!

Get on that. I mean like NOW.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KcMsterpce
Get on that. I mean like NOW.
I'd buy that comic for sure.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 PM
SPOILERS

He's not dead, he's actually on life support. Wikipedia's entry on him mentions it.

END
Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joystoy
How exactly do you kill off a " super soldier " that in part means invincible right?
Um, not necessarily. There's not exactly a Webster's definition of "Super Soldier."
Old 03-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bluesbrother965
Um, not necessarily. There's not exactly a Webster's definition of "Super Soldier."
Captain America was one of the greatest physical fighters in the Marvel universe, had a shield which was essentially indestructible and nullified kinetic energy, and was just above peak human abilities. But yeah, put a bullet in his head and he'd probably die.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dennisv
Yeah, considering how stiff they are about that stuff. I once accidentally left my captain america action figure out in the rain? BAM! The feds on my ass.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Isn't it weird that Cap America's the first one to be AGAINST revealing his identity and Spidey the first one to agree to it?? Doesn't sound right to me... am I the only one here?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

If it WAS a sniper, then it doesn't fucking matter about his physical prowess.

-FIN-

Quote:
I once accidentally left my captain america action figure out in the rain? BAM! The feds on my ass.

Damn, that's rough.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Stephan Colbert is the NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chasingbanky
Stephan Colbert is the NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!!!!!
You saw that bit? I <3 him so.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
i don't see how this is a big deal. the fantastic four were killed like 10 years ago in that shitty 'reborn' storyline. as far as i can remember, captain america was killed then too. marvel can suck on one of my pubes.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the word "cannon" isn't exactly in Marvels repertoire.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Deja Vu

Old 03-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweek
You saw that bit? I <3 him so.
Yes, and so do I.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverload
Deja Vu

From what Marvel has said, he's staying dead. That means he won't come back for like three or four years in my experience.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I own that comic its a money maker for all the owners, But thats no reason to do it with another hero...
Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Deja Vu

I like how Doomsday just bludgeoned the living shit out of him yet his hair is still all pretty. What douchebag. God I fucking hate Superman.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
I like how Doomsday just bludgeoned the living shit out of him yet his hair is still all pretty. What douchebag. God I fucking hate Superman.
For real he got hit so hard there should be a bunch of bald patches all around his head... Superman blows.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:01 PM
At least Superman didn’t go out like a little bitch for some lame political statement.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Deja Vu

Maybe we'll get Reign of the Captain Americas. There'll be a black ironworker/weapon building Captain America, a vigilante Captain America that doesn't shy away from killing people, a cyborg Captain America and a boy clone of Captain America!

Quote:
like how Doomsday just bludgeoned the living shit out of him yet his hair is still all pretty. What douchebag. God I fucking hate Superman
Boo, Danger Cart! Boo!

Quote:
For real he got hit so hard there should be a bunch of bald patches all around his head... Superman blows.
The guy died. Wasn't that enough?

And, for the record:

Superman got fucked up.

Last edited by Mr. Fred Krueger; 03-17-2007 at 06:34 PM..
Old 03-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bankholdup
I was flipping through the channels late last night and stumbled upon Geraldo talking with someone involved with Marvel Comics. Geraldo, being "how he is", went even further than simplying saying "a sniper", and described who it was, and when his guest implied Geraldo shouldn't have gone that far, Geraldo laughed it off with a "Whoops!"

SPOLIERS...

So it was Sharon Carter brainwashed?

SPOILERS END.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
Boo, Danger Cart! Boo!
Oh c'mon, quit kidding yourself. Deep down, everyone likes Batman more.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Upon reading parts of his run of DD i am horribly in love with Ed Brubaker.

Anyways...
Speak of the devil...

Is Criminal any good?