Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
The first arc of Criminal was fantastic, I wholeheartedly reccomend it. Best thing I've read by Brubaker.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
Oh c'mon, quit kidding yourself. Deep down, everyone likes Batman more.
Haha, I actually like them both equally. I grew up watching Batman more, but I still liked Superman alright. Then the older I got, the more I appreciated Supes and put him on the same level as Bats. They're the anti-thesis of each other and I highly enjoy when they interact.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
:SPOILERS!:

Yeah, i read this in the newspaper a while back, way to fucking spoil it for all comic book readers you dumbasses. They probably did that because it somewhow symbolized the state of America, and they had no good news stories.

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 03-25-2007 at 08:45 PM..
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
Yeah, considering how stiff they are about that stuff. I once accidentally left my captain america action figure out in the rain? BAM! The feds on my ass.

Nothing to add guys but Crawler had me giggling like a bitch after reading this. Thanks, homie.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I got a first run copy at a comic shop. Not a bad read.

Civil War: The Confession was really good. Its the last conversation between Iron Man and Capt. America. Their true thoughts on the Civil War are said.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:38 PM
NICE.

Man, can't wait for all the trades to come out.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratlehed
I got a first run copy at a comic shop. Not a bad read.

Civil War: The Confession was really good. Its the last conversation between Iron Man and Capt. America. Their true thoughts on the Civil War are said.
Was Iron Man a huge dick like he always is?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
Was Iron Man a huge dick like he always is?

Well, there is two conversations that Iron Man has. One has Iron Man looking really bad. He's wearing his iron at the time and trying to act all tough. The other conversation Iron Man has his helmet off. He is shown in more of a "regular guy" light. Both times hes talking to Cap. A very good read though.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 PM
***Not necessarily spoilers, but discussion of different parts of the Confession below***

Personally, I thought the Confession blew, and it came so close to being pretty good. The second half was fine. The first half would've been at least good if it weren't for that absolutey ridiculous bit with fucking King Arthur. What the fuck was that shit? Somehow, being randomly transported back a few centuries fighting with King Arthur against Dr. Doom made Tony "see" the coming civil war? Nevermind the silly "What If?"-style idea of him being in King Arthur time, that logic is just idiotic. To me, that whole couple pages not only shredded any chance that issue (or at least, the first half) of being decent, and on top of that, just makes the entire Civil War event seem cheaper. I haven't read any of the Illuminati stuff yet, but based on the impression I get from it, it's asserting that the civil war was more or less planned out. Personally, the more I hear about Tony "knowing" that it was coming and people planning it out, the cheaper the whole story seems to be, which is a shame, because up until that element was introduced, I thought it was a generally good, realistic story.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM
That would be so ironic if Captain America was burned to death......
Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I can't wait until the Marvel panel on SUnday at the Comic Con. Just to see what reception Brubaker gets.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
They've released the second printing of capt's fate. I found it at my local comic shop.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:59 PM
What does this mean for the Captain America movie thats in early production?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilDeadGirl
They've released the second printing of capt's fate. I found it at my local comic shop.
yeah thats the one i got.

i thought it was good,well written and great art.

i`m not really happy with what they did with capt america thanks to the last 2 issues of civil war,mostly the end of civil war .
Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
so whats happening with the ulitmates then?.

nothing i guess since its a different setting ,but it would still be werid and doesn`t really make any sense but then again it is the ultimate universe oh shit i don`t know.

shame as joe mad had the meanest looking capt america design for ultimates 3,and loeb writing him would be cool.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I am still in mourning...