Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
30 Days of Night

Anyone read this graphic novel?

I recently ordered it. This is being made into a feature film by David Slade (Hard Candy) and I'm looking forward to it, it sparked my interest in the graphic novel which is the reason why I got it. So I was wondering if anyone has read this? If so what did you think of it?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I read it a while back. The artwork is a little odd, but it's a fun story. If you've read any of the blurbs for the story of the movie, then you've probably had most of the graphic novel spoiled for you, though.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't think I've read any blurbs other than the basic plotline.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, the one I read on the Joblo news piece with the first official still a while back spoiled a major plotline pretty late in the book. But if you haven't, good on you. Even if you have, it's still a fun ride.
I really need to look into the sequels.
And the 28 Days Later graphic novel he did, especially now that I've actually seen the movie.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Templesmith's art in 30 DAYS is great: stark, ugly, but capitvating. Sadly, Steve Niles is a mediocre writer, and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT basically ended up as a great idea with below-average execution. Worth a read, but not a future classic.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 AM
i hope they don`t change it for the movie to much.

if not ,good job josh harnett.can`t wait for the final shot
Old 06-16-2007, 02:27 PM
The premise seems interesting...but i didn't really care for the art. If you like the horror genre you should check out comic God Warren Ellis' BlackGas series.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I've read it....I had Steve Niles on my Myspace friends list, and spoke with him, he offered to sign my copy of the TPB, so I sent it, and never got it back...dude's a fucking asshole. After 6 months of "did you get my book, he said he'd gotten it, and sent it to me that day, also claiming that he'd gotten a copy of the postage sent slip", proving I'd gotten it...I didn't....what an asshole.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm going to be picking up 30 Days of Night.