Old 04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Robert Jordan

I am reading a book called the wheel of time by robert jordan , i am on book nine of 11 i love it and find it hard to put down! i try my hardest but just need to know wat is going to happen at the end. I have been known to be late for work casue go so into wats going on, it is a great story and draws u in really well and makes u care about wat happens to the main people , its full of magic and adventure and cant wait to find out how it all turns out!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
One of my friends was telling me about him, but before that the only Robert Jordan I knew of was from "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM
lol

thats so funny lol he is great writer so u shud check him out :P
Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I've read them all at least 5 times. I love them all, easily my favorite book series ever.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I read the first four, and halfway through book five I got pissed off.

There were tons of unwanted subplots, and meandering storytelling. You could totally tell how Jordan changed his plan of 8 books to make it 13 or whatever it is now... just to make more money.

The first couple of books were alright, except I got tired of the question of "Is He The Dragon Reborn?" Fuck me, if it's a 13 book series I'd be really mad if he WASN'T. After four books, the question was still lingering, and it was retarded.

I like how he incorporatesmany great elements of previous, well established fantasy stories and puts them into his own. Ideas taken from Dune, LotR (of course, but what isn't a derivative, right?), Star Wars, Phillip Dick stories come together into a mish-mesh of creative emulation.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KcMsterpce

There were tons of unwanted subplots, and meandering storytelling. You could totally tell how Jordan changed his plan of 8 books to make it 13 or whatever it is now... just to make more money.

The first couple of books were alright, except I got tired of the question of "Is He The Dragon Reborn?" Fuck me, if it's a 13 book series I'd be really mad if he WASN'T. After four books, the question was still lingering, and it was retarded.

I like how he incorporates many great elements of previous, well established fantasy stories and puts them into his own. Ideas taken from Dune, LotR (of course, but what isn't a derivative, right?), Star Wars, Phillip Dick stories come together into a mish-mesh of creative emulation.
Its going to be an 11 book series. If it makes you feel any better from what I hear it gets better again in book 7, thoughI myself never had the meandering plot problem. I just dug the characters.

I originally read the series up until book 8, but got annoyed with the lenght of the series and waiting so long. I found out maybe 3 months ago that the next book in the series will be the last on as the author is dying, and is determined to finish the series first. So, Ive been rereading the series. I made it to book 7 before taking a small break. I had too many other non-WOT books that I needed to read. Ill probably be going back to it by the end of May.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KcMsterpce

Yah he did make them longer, but if you really enjoy them like I do you can't complain. I mean, more of your favorite books can't really be a bad thing can it?

And they pretty much answered that he was the Dragon Reborn at the end of the first book.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Yah he did make them longer, but if you really enjoy them like I do you can't complain. I mean, more of your favorite books can't really be a bad thing can it?
You're right, if you really love the story, it's GREAT to have more books. I myself was just tired of the obvious ploy of extending the series merely to make in longer. That's what it felt like to me.

Quote:

And they pretty much answered that he was the Dragon Reborn at the end of the first book.
I know they did. That's why I thought it was silly to try and throw in the question mark to the readers of "maybe he ISN'T" for a few more books.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:51 PM
hmmmm

i must admit that is does get little annying wen it goes off on side stories but its all part of the book! so im loving it still and gettin the next book on monday as i finished the latest one i was reading just wanna finish so i know wat happens!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Re: hmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonz4eva
i must admit that is does get little annying wen it goes off on side stories but its all part of the book! so im loving it still and gettin the next book on monday as i finished the latest one i was reading just wanna finish so i know wat happens!
yah the last 5 or so book released have barely been about the main character at all.

there was one in particular, I think it was the 10th book, where the main character literally only gets about 75pages out of 800. I was pretty upset about that.

also? the next book comes out next week?! holy shit! too bad im broke and can't afford hard back books.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:34 PM
say no more!

please say no more as i am not up to 11 yet lol i am only on nine or ten lol omg the next one how many more are there gonna take me forever and a day to read them all! lol
Old 04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Re: Re: hmmmm

Quote:
also? the next book comes out next week?! holy shit! too bad im broke and can't afford hard back books.
Next week? Holy shit. Am I the only one psyked that the series will be finally completed in about one to two years?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Not the only one

Your not the only one great read but you can have to much of a good thing! just wanna know what happens to the main people! hoping for a happy ending but thinking that with the way its goin that there really cant be a happy ending we are going to loose some of main people before the end finally comes!