#1  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh, hey. Let's play the "Saw" videogame!

Wait, what?

No, seriously, what?

It's using the Unreal Engine 3, and it's being overlooked by the series' creators, and apparently the screenwriter is "being written as though it was a film entry" (can't resist a crack!). There's even an official site now.

So, like. WTF.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Terrible idea.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
If its based off the movie, those camera angles are gonna SUCCCCCKKKKK!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Ive never really been a big fan of movie based video games.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
heh, i wonder who you'll be, a victim trying to escape or Jigsaw? Well either way i'm sure this will be a lackluster game at best.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm a big fan of the Saw movies, but this worries me. It doesn't seem to lend itself to a videogame adaptation very well. It'll probably be something along the lines of you being a victim (probably an ex-cop or something) and you'll have to save people along the way and shit....etc etc.

I'll give it a shot, but I'm not expecting much.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Might be a puzzle-based survival horror?

No, that would be innovative.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Might be a puzzle-based survival horror?

No, that would be innovative.
This is the perfect film for such a game... Could work.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Might be a puzzle-based survival horror?

No, that would be innovative.

I think you've probably nailed it on the head. I bet that's the way it'll be (for the most part).

Billy's in the dick-cut-in-half-trap and you have to decode Jigsaw's picture puzzle in 60 seconds or he'll lose his wee-wee....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWade View Post
I think you've probably nailed it on the head. I bet that's the way it'll be (for the most part).

Billy's in the dick-cut-in-half-trap and you have to decode Jigsaw's picture puzzle in 60 seconds or he'll lose his wee-wee....
If that's a trap in this game then I'll definitely be playing it. Knowing me though I'll just let them all die, not caring for their "lives".
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Remember that one awesome game where it was your job to set up traps to attack people? I forgot what it was called, but I'll stick to playing that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Might be a puzzle-based survival horror?

No, that would be innovative.
RESIDENT EVIL: SAW
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 AM
I could see this game pissing off Jack Thompson.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefan1 View Post
I could see this game pissing off Jack Thompson.
I could see bloody "Pikmin" pissing off Jack Thompson.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
I could see bloody "Pikmin" pissing off Jack Thompson.
....i mean what is with all these little colour full cahracters collecting things anyways? This much visual stimulation is only gonig to turn our children into psychotic serial rapists and it must be stopped....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
....i mean what is with all these little colour full cahracters collecting things anyways? This much visual stimulation is only gonig to turn our children into psychotic serial rapists and it must be stopped....
And seriously . . .



If this isn't promoting the use of 'shrooms as experience enhancers, I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadedGamer View Post
Remember that one awesome game where it was your job to set up traps to attack people? I forgot what it was called, but I'll stick to playing that.
Are you thinking of Night Trap? And my second question....if that is the one you are referring to, you still actually play that game?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump