#1  
Old 09-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Necroscope

Hey y'all, just wonderin if anyone out there has ever heard of the Necroscope series? Please don't say I'm the only one who's every heard of it? Any thoughts? Anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM
I've read the first five books plus two of the Vampire World books. All very entertaining. I really need to read the final book in the Vampire World trilogy some time soon. I also intend to read the Lost Years books and the E-Branch novels. The first five books though are some of the finest works of horror fiction i've ever had the pleasure of reading. I tore through them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychocandy
I've read the first five books plus two of the Vampire World books. All very entertaining. I really need to read the final book in the Vampire World trilogy some time soon. I also intend to read the Lost Years books and the E-Branch novels. The first five books though are some of the finest works of horror fiction i've ever had the pleasure of reading. I tore through them.
Heh heh, same here with the first 5, I went nuts for the series after renting out the first book from the library, although I went mad trying to find the 3rd book, it's like fucking gold dust in my part of the UK!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2004, 05:05 PM
The Necroscope books I always thought could make an amazing series of movies. They are very cinematic and the mix of horror and action is just about perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah I'vve thought that to, but then I've always reminded myself that the movie companies would probably bollox it up. Just look at Queen of the Damned!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tvmorbid
Yeah I'vve thought that to, but then I've always reminded myself that the movie companies would probably bollox it up. Just look at Queen of the Damned!
Yeah they would probably try and compress all five books from the first series into one 90 minute movie or something. And cast Keanu Reaves as Harry Keogh. And go for a PG-13 rating. Spineless bastards that they are.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Yes, I have all of them! I love Zek, she's a groovy type.
If a movie is made, it would probably be the horror equivlent to LotR... only better.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tagia_Romero

If a movie is made, it would probably be the horror equivlent to LotR... only better.

Oh hell yeah that would be great.

I've read the first series arc of five books, and the first two of the Bloodwars saga. I own them all though and plan on finishing the entire Necroscope universe by next summer (I'm not reading them one after another, they're getting interspersed with other books).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Glad to see there are other Necroscope fans on here. I've heard rumours that Brian Lumley might be doin a series for The Dweller That whould be SO cool!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2004, 01:49 PM
I've got a non-Necroscope Lumley book that i'm going to read soon called Demogorgon. Anyone read it?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychocandy
I've got a non-Necroscope Lumley book that i'm going to read soon called Demogorgon. Anyone read it?
Nope, but I have read the Psychomech trilogy, and that is good stuff! I'd recomend it to any horror fan.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tvmorbid
Nope, but I have read the Psychomech trilogy, and that is good stuff! I'd recomend it to any horror fan.
I plan to get around to the Psychomech trilogy sometime before the end of the year. I'll have to get them via Ebay though as I think they are out of print. The two House Of Doors books as well.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Necroscope The Movie wiil be incredible!

I believe that Necroscope will be the best horror film ever!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Well you guys have officially converted me. I am going to go and by the first book today.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I really enjoyed NECROSCOPE when I read it a few years ago.

Then, in December, I read WAMPHYRI, and it was also great. I don't like his writing style some of the time. An example was a line like this:

"They trusted him as he trusted them; which was completely." WTF?

However, it's some GREAT GREAT storytelling, and as mentioned by others, VERY ripe for cinematic awesomeness. Great action, fun characters and clever vampire concepts. As well as all those psychic agencies and what-not... great stuff!!!


I especially enjoyed book two, with one of the main characters' adventures and travels over the centuries, from plundering with the Chinese to the Turks... OMG that's the shiznit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump