Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
Yes, being interested by me masturbating with a cheese grater does make you very strange.

Wocka, wocka.
Well,we all have our preferances.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaflip View Post
RANDOM TRIVIA BOY STRIKES!!!

Have you seen the video for Cryptorchid by Manson? Because that was directed by Elias Merhige, the very man responsible for Begotten. If I remember correctly there's even footage of in the video, or very similar footage at least.
No,but I will most definitely check that out!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
For me it's MEN BEHIND THE SUN... it is one of the only horror films that has truly repulsed me.

The other film that I couldn't stomache was IRREVERSIBLE.. not a horror film in the traditional sense but shocking to watch... in fact, I found the first 40 mins almost unbearable.

1000
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 AM
I know my opinions are going to be forever dismissed on here ( like they already aren't ) , but i thought The Happening was one of the most disturbing films i have ever seen . Mass suicides , that really unnerved me , and the whole nihilistic tone of the film , that film was genuinely horrifying .

28 Weeks later repulsed me with it's violence , they don't hold back in this sequel , the sequence in the holding cell and what that guy does to his wife still haunts me . Then you have an entire area of London being firebombed , chilling stuff .


Last Broadcast unsettled me because it's so realistic , you won't believe it's not real until the denoument , scary stuff , i never forgot those images after seeing this film .
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellamorte dellamore View Post
I know my opinions are going to be forever dismissed on here ( like they already aren't ) , but i thought The Happening was one of the most disturbing films i have ever seen . Mass suicides , that really unnerved me , and the whole nihilistic tone of the film , that film was genuinely horrifying .
First, haha, second, the happening...really? marci marc?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-15-2008, 02:17 PM

So,what IS Men Behind The Sun?I checked Begotten out,watched the first five minutes of it on you-tube and the image of GOD cutting and hacking himself was pretty gruesome,especially w/t that creepy mask.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1ng3rsnap9ed View Post
So,what IS Men Behind The Sun?I checked Begotten out,watched the first five minutes of it on you-tube and the image of GOD cutting and hacking himself was pretty gruesome,especially w/t that creepy mask.
For info on Men Behind the Sun...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Behind_the_Sun


I haven't seen it but I looked it up when it was mentioned so much.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM
the most disturbing movie i've seen up to date would have to be 'the breed'
the pack behavior the dogs display is absolutely insane.
another one now that i think about it would have to be 'kaw'
that one (kaw) is more of a nature running amok type of deal, as oppose to genetically engineered guard dogs. still.

Last edited by shermanized; 07-16-2008 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopmish View Post
For info on Men Behind the Sun...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Behind_the_Sun


I haven't seen it but I looked it up when it was mentioned so much.
THX.Sounds like an interesting topic for a film.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:31 PM
In recent horror history, definitely FRONTIERE(S)!!!

That shit was fucked up!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
i don't know if anybody else finds this disturbing, but i do, like very large.
'flight of the living dead'
i mean, think it about man. you're stuck in an airliner when a zombie outbreak, huh, breaks out.
what da hell?
nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, nothing to defend yourself with.
yo man, that's just not right.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-18-2008, 08:24 AM

I hate adding to the hypes of films I haven't even seen yet, (Or calling Begotten a hype.)but just watching the first 5 minutes on you-tube a week ago has really f*cked with my head.Like in the night I've just been sleeping w/t the TV on when I can sleep that is,I think it was the mask God was wearing,or something,but whatever it was, it worked.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
The Girl Next Door(2007) most disturbing fucked up shit I've seen to this day. If you think you have nerves of steel give it a try.
Not to be a jerk,but I hated this after watching it Friday,total POS!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaflip View Post
RANDOM TRIVIA BOY STRIKES!!!

Have you seen the video for Cryptorchid by Manson? Because that was directed by Elias Merhige, the very man responsible for Begotten. If I remember correctly there's even footage of in the video, or very similar footage at least.
That is one of my first and favorite MM songs.I freaking love his ACSS era.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Kewl video also.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I'll throw Philosophy Of A Knife in there, a more disturbing experience than Men Behind The Sun and also has a running time of more than 4 hours! Certainly an experience to say the least.
I'm yet to see Salo, for some reason I imagine I'll find it really f'd up. But I suppose for that very reason I really should expose myself to it one of these days.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordum View Post
I'm yet to see Salo, for some reason I imagine I'll find it really f'd up. But I suppose for that very reason I really should expose myself to it one of these days.
It's worth a watch, though keep in mind, horror film = NO, art film = YES. It being disturbing or not is very much upto the viewer, but IMO, it's one of the few films that truly lives up to its hype of fuckedupedness. I sometimes second-guess taking the title as my samesake here on the boards.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Meh. The shit-eating part was amusing, but other than that, the film bored the arse off me.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salo View Post
It's worth a watch, though keep in mind, horror film = NO, art film = YES. It being disturbing or not is very much upto the viewer, but IMO, it's one of the few films that truly lives up to its hype of fuckedupedness. I sometimes second-guess taking the title as my samesake here on the boards.
I hear that, Henry Lee Lucas is a pretty bad name to go by as well, unless you want people to think you idolize the killer.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
It's not so much a horror movie, but the Australian film Bad Boy Bubby fucked me up more than anything else I've ever seen. Mother-son incest, exploitation scenes and incredibly graphic animal murder. Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 PM

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree w/t you on that 100%!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm sorry but Begotten bored me shitless. The first few minutes are pretty f'ed up...but after that it just drags on and on. The grainy imagery might make it feel more authentic but I also struggled to actually make out much of what was going on, and I had a near mint rip of it.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me has disturbed me more than any other MAINSTREAM horror. There's a terrible sense of foreboding throughout, and a couple of moments actually made me jump out of my skin...Bowie's unnerving appearance and the part where Laura whispers in her Quacks ear and her lips turn orange. Also the scene at the dance with the thumping music and inaudible dialogue is entrancing and really sets the viewer on edge.

Society and Hellraiser disturbed the fuck outta me when I was a wee one.

As for Salo...it's pretty arse-numbing...and the corophilia scenes got be bawking alright. But aside from the Circle Of Blood finale, it didn't really bother me none. I also wouldn't class it as HORROR.

In My Skin, Henry: Portrait Of a Serial Killer, Santa Sangre, Freaks, Audition are definite contenders...but again, not strictly horror. When I think of it...films that have disturbed me don't tend to be horror. Gummo, The War Zone, The Cement Garden, Brimstone & Treacle ('76), The Piano Teacher, Dumplings, The Tin Drum, Scum, Threads, Irreversible, Ken Park...etc, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
The August Underground's are fucked up, Mordum is even worse than the first one. Fun stuff.
These would be my choices as well. The fact that there is almost zero plot and some serious violence/gore for almost the entire length of the movie. One of those "if certain people saw you watching it, they may change their opinion on you" type of movies.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
As everyone said Salo is not a horror film.It also can be bought for 20-30 $. The version i have is the BFI version.It cost me $30.





MAY CONTAIN A FEW SPOILER PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










Anyway,its a disgusting filthy film,classless and disturbing.Im not into men molesting little boys and little girls. I also dont dig eating shit,getting pissed on and what ever the fuck else went on in that film.I watched it once and that was enough.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe not the most disturbing, but Who Can Kill a Child? has a very unique premise.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
You all have left out the most disturbing film of all time "Dungeon Siege In the Name of the King"! Someone gave Uwe Boll of all people 60million dollars to make a movie.

For my list of distrubing horror

Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Guinea Pig Series
Traces of Death (Who wants to see someone's wang cut off and stuffed in their mouth?)
Hostel series because you wonder if such places exist

Remember culturally speaking We are more desensitized to voilence than our parents. My father got disturbed by the original Dawn of the Dead's zombie vs helicopter rotor scene.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Subconscious Cruelty (1999)

Plot (KINDA SPOILERS):



Subconscious Cruelty does not consist of a single plot or timeline; rather, it is a series of vignettes that explore the filmmakers' visions. The visuals of the film frequently deal with taboo subjects, and much of the film is considered to be disturbing to the audience. As the film progresses, the viewer encounters such subject matter as masturbation, menstruation, and cannibalism, as well as frequent depictions of bodily fluids of every kind. Hussain's vision for the film was to present an unforgettable visual and sonic experience, and to challenge popular ideals of film.



I got this movie at a horror convention, it had a post - it! note on it that said "The Sickest Movie Ever Made"... and it was pretty disturbing. As Far as I know the movie doesnt exist in Region 1.. and the DVD I have is Region 2.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM

Never heard of that one either.Where does everyone find so many taboo,and where can I buy some?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I've always wanted to check out Subconscious Cruelty. Any film that depicts Jesus Christ being raped, sodomized, and eaten by naked women has got to be worth a rental.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
Salo 120 days of Sodum anybody ever have the dubious pleasure to watch this gem Directed by a gay catholic Filmaker? I would but paying $500 for an un-cut version goes beyond my beliefs for any dvd.
Not only is it avalible on Netflix i have seen it on Amazon and Ebay and the highest price was $26. And the higher priced ones were brand new.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Funny BEGOTTEN story:

I was telling a girl I know about this film that literally mortified me within it's first 5 minutes,she asked how GOD killing himself w/t a razor would be scary.So I gave her a link to BEGOTTEN,rather than being shocked or repulsed,she simply stated it was "Awesome,"but she didn't much care for the necrophilia hand-job.

Never in my life have I heard someone say GOD killing himself was awesome before then.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 AM

In My Skin(France) - extreme case of self-mutilation
The Isle(Korea) - Horrific utilizations of fishhooks, the only time IN MY LIFE that I've ever shouted out loud at a movie, "Oh no please don't!!!"

The ending to Tod Browning's Freaks disturbed me pretty effectively at 8 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I saw the trailer to Fear Chamber any big brother 10 fans will know Keesha is in it and it stars Richard Tyson (bad guy in Kidengarten cop) and it is pretty disturbing.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Two things….

So far, I agree with Bad Cover Version about most of the films that he listed. However, of the films he has listed that I've seen, I do not agree with their classification as something other than horror.

Is not that what horror is supposed to do: repulse, disturb, and most of all, cause subversion in the viewer. As subversion changes the way that we perceive the world and is really the only way to scare someone.

I don’t mean to sound mean or like a pretentious and toffee-nosed, art-house wannabe critic, because I truly respect all your opinions, but…

Fuck blood and guts. Seriously, fuck it. Other than it being the most inartistic way of disturbing someone, it is also the least affective. Not to sound like a tough, scrawny person, but gore is for sissies. This is both in real life and in the movies.

As the most disturbing thing about gore is that it is human, it is derived from pain, and it causes grief. Think about it, if there was not pain or death in the world, would we really care about the red stuff. I hope not.

Credence in characterization that makes us like the characters like friends/family that are then put through the meat grinder, atmosphere, suspense, bleakness, and (gasp!) script truly should be the only good way of getting under someone’s skin.

In all seriousness, the only disturbing thing about gore, is that people in the arts think it's something more than it is-- fuck that.

Last edited by Horror; 01-29-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
So far, I agree with Bad Cover Version about most of the films that he listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
Fuck blood and guts. Seriously, fuck it. Other than it being the most inartistic way of disturbing someone, it is also the least affective. Not to sound like a tough, scrawny person, but gore is for sissies. This is both in real life and in the movies.

Two things....

1) Bad Cover Version is female.

2) Gore is for sissies in real life? What sort of bullshit statement is that? What are you, a surgeon? In my previous job I had to visit behind the scenes surgical decontamination units and in some of them the stink of copper from the blood was overwhelming, plus some of the trays used in say, Hip replacement operations were covered in human flesh and fat and just occasionally, there would be a nice lump of bone mixed in.

Now that kind of thing doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I worked with a few people who just couldn't stomach it. Does that make them a sissy? No.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok, my apologies to Bad Cover Version.


2nd. And now to veer off topic, but there is not much of a difference between a gross out smell/sight effect in both real life and in the movies.

Just honestly tell me; your coworkers might have been disgusted by that, all right, but I doubt they were scared for their life? What is more affective?

Gore, like I stated already, is only disturbing because it is about hurt and pain. Take that away, and you got nothing to be scared of, despite maybe some bad smells.

And the garbage man deals with bad smells everyday.

P.S. In all seriousness, I do have a weak stomach involving smells/taste. I can barely take trash out/ swallow toothpaste sometimes. Am I a sissy because of that? No, neither are your co-workers.

However, the point I was making was that in the movies blood is not artistic, nor should it be considered disturbing. Something is scary/disturbing if it threatenes your being, way of living, or life.

Last edited by Horror; 01-29-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I disagree with 90% of what Horror is saying.

Gore is the most disturbing thing that can be put on screen as far as I see it. All the movies and scenes that scared me in the past were gory and/or violent.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
But it's such a cheap, artifical and inartistic way to scare someone.

By that logic, if you want to get scared, might as well just watch gory scenes back-to-back and nothing else.

By that logic, as a horror film is intended primarily to scare, might as well not have any plot, story, character development etc..., at all.


I really don't get it. Something inside the films got to you, and I surely hope it wasn't a few "fake" f/x, no matter how well done it is, it's just bloody makeup.


Are people missing the point of what I am saying? Horror films is an art form.


I do not hate blood and guts in movies, but yes, other than the "shock-image" and (possible) realistic factor they have no merit.

As Hitchcock said, "There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.”



It's sad that people in the arts nowadays get that confused. No wonder so many horror films are such shit now, in my opinion. And have no artistic merit, as well.


I hope I am not sounding like a prick, but I seriously can't belive people are disagreeing with me on a horror board about it. I can understand a "mainstream" fan that has no sense of cinema doing this. But here?

I am baffled.

Last edited by Horror; 01-29-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I would really like this to get into an in-depth discussion, seriously, I Like this, it is fun.

Please fellow posters-- post, post, post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump