#1  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
MARVEL VS DC

Let's try and make it right this time, we'll only take into account logical explanations for a character's victory over another, example:

Lobo vs Wolverine:
Lobo fought Superman, so he has similar strenght to the man of steel, therefore, Logan has no chance of winning
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Re: MARVEL VS DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Leloup
Let's try and make it right this time, we'll only take into account logical explanations for a character's victory over another, example:

Lobo vs Wolverine:
Lobo fought Superman, so he has similar strenght to the man of steel, therefore, Logan has no chance of winning
Wolverine already beat him though, so it is a moot point.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Re: Re: MARVEL VS DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
Wolverine already beat him though, so it is a moot point.
Yeah, but that was the idea behind this (not so popular) thread... to actually see if the results that were voted by fans were accurate.. still think that Wolvie had nothing to do against Lobo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I dont know Lobo enough to make a justified opinion. Sure Superman could be beat Wolverine, but that doesnt mean Lobo can beat Wolvie. If Lobo doesnt have any magic, it would be close.

How about Dr. Doom vs. Superman. They can both time travel. Though Superman can do it a little easier than Doom. Superman is quite stronger and definatley faster, but Doom has almost unlimited black magic powers and I think would be the smarter of the 2. Doom is mortal, but has survived countless battles. I think it would be close. Given time I think Doom would win, but a spur of the moment fight would be a victory for Superman.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM
As I said before, Lobo fought Superman and even beat him once. Unfortunately there's nothing Wolvie can do against him.

Supes vs Dr Doom--- tough one... if it's an improvised battle then I have to give it to the big red "S". If Doom has the time to study his oponent he'd find out black magic can give him the advantage he needs to outfight the kryptonian...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 AM
There are certain characters, such as Wolverine, that are pretty much garaunteed victory. Not for their powers, persay, but because of the character in general. Too put it simply: Wolverine is a fuckin' scrapper. It just wouldn't make sense to have him lose.

Batman can never lose either.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I see your point Danger^Cart, but the main idea was to think what would really happen, despite the opinion of fans or if the character sells more. I mean, Batman comics outsell any one with Captain Marvel on it, but if they engage into a fight, Cap Marvel would kill Bats.

Surfer vs Lantern? I think it would depend on which Lantern, since the ring is as strong as the bearer's will. If it was Kyle Rayner vs the Surfer I believe it's good-bye Lantern; emerald japanese robots are no match against the power cosmic
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloup View Post
As I said before, Lobo fought Superman and even beat him once. Unfortunately there's nothing Wolvie can do against him.
The question then is not whether Wolverine's victory over Lobo was credible, but whether Lobo's victory over Superman was.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
Batman can never lose either.
I'll direct your attention to the converstaion between Red Mage and Black Mage.....

the first part here

and the second part here

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
In all truth they most likely would give up and get drunk. Neither can be killed. Lobo's not allowed in heave or hell, Neither wants him so they made him immortal, where as Wolverine is immortal for SOME reason. I think that's being explained in the current Woverine story.

IMO, Lobo would win. He's just as much a scrapper as Wolverine. Survived just as much and is far more vicious.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Lex Luthor vs The Joker!

Ready, Set, GO!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Lex Luthor vs The Joker!

Ready, Set, GO!
Nice match. Though I personally think the Joker would take victory for that after a long, dirty, treacherous battle.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I think Lex would take it if he had time to prepare; otherwise the Joker is crazy enough to go straight for the kill before Lex could react.

Here's one: Swamp Thing vs. Man-Thing? I would go with Man-Thing on this one; all he would have to do would be to hide behind a tree, jump out at Swamp Thing and go "Boo!", then touch him. Instant torched Swamp Thing, cuz as we all know (Geeks Assemble!) whatever knows fear burns at the touch of the Man-Thing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Lex Luthor vs The Joker!

Ready, Set, GO!
But they're both DC, how about Red Skull vs The Joker??
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
But they're both DC, how about Red Skull vs The Joker??
True but I couldn't think of a Marvel equivalent that was equally cool as those two. I don't know anything about Red Skull. Personally I'd say Joker would win because he's far more insane and much more vicious where as Lex is more the subtle pull the strings kind of guy.

Last edited by jolanar; 10-24-2007 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
True but I couldn't think of a Marvel equivalent that was equally cool as those two. I don't know anything about Red Skull. Personally I'd say Joker would win because he's far more insane and much more vicious where as Lex is more the subtle pull the strings kind of guy.
heh yeah there really isn't a marvel equivilent for the joker which is part of what makes him a great character that he's rarely ripped off from what i've seen.

ok how aboot........ Darkseid vs Thanos??
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
True but I couldn't think of a Marvel equivalent that was equally cool as those two.
Dude, are you serious? Lex Luthor is a perfect matchup for The Kingpin. They both have as much money as they do evil genius. The Kingpin is pure muscle, whereas Luthor has his kryptonite power suit.

And on the positive side of this, you got Batman/Bruce Wayne vs. Ironman/Tony Starks. Both multibillionaire playboys with amazing crime fighting toys.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump