Old 08-22-2007, 01:41 PM
DESCENT

Synopsis: "Maya's life seems blessed: men can't resist her charm and beauty, and she has a promising academic future. Yet, she still feels alone. Jared's is also blessed with ease. The pair begin to flirt and date, but everything moves too fast and Maya tries to pull away, but he won't let go. After this violation, Maya races away from everything familiar. She enters the new semester transformed: bold and dynamic, in a world which suddenly seems small and protected to her. She vows vengeance on Jared. She will be in control."

Directed by: Talia Lugacy (Directorial Debut).

Starring: Rosario Dawson, Marcus Patrick, Chad Faust, and Tracie Thoms.

Screenplay by: Talia Lugacy and Brian Priest (Screenwriting Debuts).

MPAA Rating: "NC-17," for a brutal rape.

Feature Running Time: 100 minutes.

Release Date: August 10th, 2007 (Limited).

Distributed by: City Lights Pictures.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM

NC-17? What, what, what?

Haven't really heard of this one. Probably because of the rating.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
There's no discussion on this anywhere. Was this any good? to be honest the rating has got me interested more than anything.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:52 AM
This movie was pretty lame. Although Dawson was decent in it.
Its been quite awhile since I've seen it so I cant remember why it was NC17. Maybe because of the subject matter I guess(dealing with rape)

5/10
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
This movie had a great sense of suspense and claustrophobia. I loved the slow-burn pace of the movie as well, it took its time and the cave diving scenes were interesting and at times intense by themselves; but when the ultimate reveal of the cave monsters happened it really freaked me out. What a crazy and chaotic scene! I would just advise viewers to avoid the version with the tacked on American ending, go with the original cut of the movie!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:39 PM
The million dollar question-is Dawson naked in it?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Why was this thread bumped up? No, she wasn't and for the record, despite some AWESOME full frontal male nudity, this movie was terrible.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 AM

I'm sure all the women saw this movie for the same reason men bought Striptease.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
This movie had a great sense of suspense and claustrophobia. I loved the slow-burn pace of the movie as well, it took its time and the cave diving scenes were interesting and at times intense by themselves; but when the ultimate reveal of the cave monsters happened it really freaked me out. What a crazy and chaotic scene! I would just advise viewers to avoid the version with the tacked on American ending, go with the original cut of the movie!
I see what you did there
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan02000 View Post
Why was this thread bumped up? No, she wasn't and for the record, despite some AWESOME full frontal male nudity, this movie was terrible.
because some fuckin asshole named SL Dubbs couldn't find a thread without deciphering through 20 pages of cave dwelling sluts to find out if Dawson shows ass, titts or some vagina.

Thank you for letting me know the anwser you just saved me $10 on Amazon.