Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I am pretty sure my best buy still has Death Proofs (they had 3-4 when i checked like a month ago and my area is not a big steelbook area they stay on the shelves for a long time) so if no one else hooks you up I can probably hook you up, I still need Cloverfield.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 PM
If anybody is looking for any of these steelbooks:

Let me know, I can hook you up. Good market in my area but not many buyers...

(however cloverfield, departed and the grindhouses are not in my area, but we have cast away and gotham knight too)

Last edited by camaron08; 07-12-2008 at 12:29 PM..
Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzle View Post
ive been needing death proof for quite some time. if anyone wants to set something up, i can get sweeny, cloverfield, beowulf, and i believe i can still get a transformers.
Hey Tizzle,

I don't know if you have already worked out a trade, but if you are looking for Death Proof, let me know. If you already have something worked out with WyckedDreamz, I can vouch for him. I just finished a trade with him. I have an extra copy of both Death Proof and Planet Terror, but they don't have the extra 3disc or the outer back paper cover. They are both mint though. I am pretty sure I saw 3-4 Death Proof Steelbooks at Best Buy though if you'd prefer a sealed one w/ the 3rd disc. Shoot me a pm if you want me to help you out.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 AM
THE QUIET EARTH

I'm having a hard time finding this one. If anybody has an extra copy or has access to get one of these I am willing to trade for it or straight up purchase it. I have 2 extra Death Proof's w/the bonus 3rd disc new sealed. I also have an extra FYE 10,000 B.C. plus I know I can get extras of several others. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Does anyone else want to email sellers on ebay who have ridiculous auctions. I mean I saw someone on there with a buy it now for Boondock saints for $79.99. Plus there is like a dozen Batman Gotham Knights on there for like $35-40 all over priced and all these people trying to make a quick buck.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
Does anyone else want to email sellers on ebay who have ridiculous auctions. I mean I saw someone on there with a buy it now for Boondock saints for $79.99. Plus there is like a dozen Batman Gotham Knights on there for like $35-40 all over priced and all these people trying to make a quick buck.
Yeah its pretty dumb that they will overcharge a steelbook. Not too long ago I found a Bourne Ultimatum steelbook for like $60! Do they think that us schmoes are dumbshits?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote:
THE QUIET EARTH
I'm having a hard time finding this one. If anybody has an extra copy or has access to get one of these I am willing to trade for it or straight up purchase it.

I know where there is one at, but I wont be able to go get it for another 2 weeks or so... if its still there (at the FYE I saw it at, and its a seldom shopped one, shoudl still be there) I'll get it and we can work something out. I am still keeping my eye out for that beowulf you were wanting too.

Last edited by WyckedDreamz; 07-13-2008 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
Yeah its pretty dumb that they will overcharge a steelbook. Not too long ago I found a Bourne Ultimatum steelbook for like $60! Do they think that us schmoes are dumbshits?
LOL! thats too funny, got my Boondock Saints, Deathproof, Bourne, Man on Fire, and Day After Tomorrow for 14.99 each. I bet not one serious SB collector has paid their rape prices.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
I know where there is one at, but I wont be able to go get it for another 2 weeks or so... if its still there (at the FYE I saw it at, and its a seldom shopped one, shoudl still be there) I'll get it and we can work something out. I am still keeping my eye out for that beowulf you were wanting too.
Thanks WyckedDreamz. Just let me know when and if you get it. If I manage to find it before I'll let you know. I dont need Beowulf. I already have it, must be mistaking me for another member. By the way I dont mind if The Quiet Earth is pre-viewed as long as the case is damage free. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickv6 View Post
Thanks WyckedDreamz. Just let me know when and if you get it. If I manage to find it before I'll let you know. I dont need Beowulf. I already have it, must be mistaking me for another member. By the way I dont mind if The Quiet Earth is pre-viewed as long as the case is damage free. Thanks.
this one is retail sealed, sitting on the shelf at an FYE I hit up sometimes.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 AM
I just got Sweeney Todd SB off Ebay for $26 which I think is pretty good since I've never seen it sell for less than $30.

ALSO has anyone else noticed how many 10,000 BC steelbooks there are, I saw it at walmart, zellers, CD store at the mall, and London Drugs, all the 2 disc edition, I guess WB mass shipped it out as a steelbook here in Canada.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
I just got Sweeney Todd SB off Ebay for $26 which I think is pretty good since I've never seen it sell for less than $30.

ALSO has anyone else noticed how many 10,000 BC steelbooks there are, I saw it at walmart, zellers, CD store at the mall, and London Drugs, all the 2 disc edition, I guess WB mass shipped it out as a steelbook here in Canada.
The 2-Disc is a Canada / USA release. The 3-Disc is exclusive only to Best Buy Canada.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I dunno wat u are accusing me, but here is another proof.

d Bestbuy store manager (who I think got a crush on me) happens to help me out in taking pictureshot of my proof that there are lenticular steelbooks of Batman Gotham Knight & YES! they fit perfectly and packaged with d steelbooks!

Batman Gotham Knight - 1st EVER LENTICULAR STEELBOOK! YEAH!

You got proofs, like mine? NO you dont!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
2 things:
1. Jimmy luke is full of shit yet again. He may also be a thief if he slipped a steelbook into the relgular slipcover.

2. My Best Buy was selling Gotham Knight steelbooks like crazy. When I got in line there were 3 people in front of me and all of them had it. The 2 people behind me had it as well. The selection in the action area was empty, the new release rack was empty, and there were only 3 slots left on the display when I picked mine up. I didn't think it would be so sought after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn_Str_Movies View Post
I Dont Know How Jimmy Luke Got Away With Getting The Slipcover
Becuase It Doesnt Fit On The Steelbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd View Post
The Gotham Knight is not a bad slipcover, but I didn't bother to even try to see if it would fit on it.
Quote:
I do hope jimmyluke ends up destroying his steelbook with that lenicular cover he stole, would serve him right for being a thief as well as an ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
I don't know how that troll managed to put the steelbook inside, but for me... Im happy "not" putting the steelbook in (because it wouldnt fit!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshulman5 View Post
There is absolutely no lenticular Batman Steelbook. This guy is a moron. I used to work at Best Buy and know all the employees at my local store. They have confirmed this. I don't know why this moron needs the attention and continues to lie about something so trivial. But once again I can confirm that there is no lenticular steelbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
well look at that...i just got back from Best Buy and what did I see...no..I say again NO Lenticular Cover Steelbook. So I will once again say this...you're full of shit and should not only be banned from this site, but the entire internet.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Jimmyluke, you are a complete idiot.

NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS View Post
Jimmyluke, you are a complete idiot.

NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.
If no one beleives me, then can you further explain ur reason of me being an idiot? I dare u, show me a picture proof that my post is not true.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLuke View Post
If no one beleives me, then can you further explain ur reason of me being an idiot? I dare u, show me a picture proof that my post is not true.
JL just drop this, you dont have a lenticular steelbook.
you have a lenticular slipcover on top of the steelbook.

when you find a steelbook that is lenticular without you putting another slipcover over it
then you can come back
if you still havent got banned.
and you can post it
and say you bough the first lenticular steelbook.

okay.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I dunno wat u are accusing me, but here is another proof.

d Bestbuy store manager (who I think got a crush on me) happens to help me out in taking pictureshot of my proof that there are lenticular steelbooks of Batman Gotham Knight & YES! they fit perfectly and packaged with d steelbooks!

Batman Gotham Knight - 1st EVER LENTICULAR STEELBOOK! YEAH!

You got proofs, like mine? NO you dont!
LOL!!!! I'm ignoring him from now on, maybe he'll go away. I just got my Blade Runner (tin) from amazon UK. The picture on the site was obviously of a steelbook and that's why I ordered it. I'll be returning it as I already have the region 1 briefcase. Make sure do more research before you order from amazon, the pictures aren't always accurate.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Quote:
And why don't you explain to me how they make bootleg steelbooks?? Or better yet, where is this proof you speak of?? I'm dying to see it. Bottom line is it's not possible to bootleg a steelbook. The art is basically airbrushed onto it. Tell me who's going to spend the time and money to bootleg a steelbook?? Seriously I have seen some retarded people on this board, but you take the cake by far. I'm not sure if you're really this stupid, or if you're acting this way on purpose (which means you have nothing better to do). Either way you're a fucking moron.
U r all talk mister! U cant even back-up ur responses!

IN YOUR FACE!

Here is the Proof!

So be careful nxt time steelbook collectors! steelbook bootlegs r coming out now in the market!

Last edited by JimmyLuke; 07-14-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Quote:
I just got my Blade Runner (tin) from amazon UK. The picture on the site was obviously of a steelbook and that's why I ordered it.
Blade runner tin is one of Viva's tin packaging distribution on WB (others were superman & forbidden planet)

do ur research further! I pitty u for thinking wrongfully of bladerunner as steelbook

OH! HERE IS D PROOF! HAHAHAHA!

http://www.viva-metalbox.com/main.htm

===============================================

Jimmyluke Proof Score = 3pts
(Gotham Knight lenticular steelbook, Bootleg steelbooks & Viva New METAL)

Doubters & Haters in Joblo Proof Score = 0 pt

Last edited by JimmyLuke; 07-14-2008 at 02:03 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Blade runner tin is one of Viva's tin packaging distribution on WB (others were superman & forbidden planet)

do ur research further! I pitty u for thinking wrongfully of bladerunner as steelbook

OH! HERE IS D PROOF! HAHAHAHA!

http://www.viva-metalbox.com/main.htm

===============================================

Just give it up dude nobody is buying your bullshit. I could go to best buy and take pictures of their display and the three different versions of the movie but in all honesty your not worth the effort.

You want to prove to me you have the first lenticular steelbook take some unobvious bullshit photos, let me see there is no 2nd price tag on the steelbook that you are hiding with the slipcover. Lets see the slip sleeve all the way on the dvd and not just a 1/3 of the dvd which is probably all you could cram it on, otherwise just shut up because nobody is buying what your selling as everyone on here knows your a liar and full of shit.

Man I wish I hadn't sold my extra day after tomorrow or I would have set up my day after tomorrow as the first lenticular steelbook to laugh at jimmyluke.

and dude are you wearing socks with sandles in that picture, hahahaha

Last edited by sirdizzy; 07-14-2008 at 02:56 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 02:59 PM
First of all I know the difference between a Steelbook and a Tin. Look up Blade Runner on Amazn UK and the picture shown is obviously of a Steelbook. Second of all posting a pic of one Criterion Bootleg Steelbook proves nothing at all. First of all where can you buy it? All you showed was a picture of what you claim is a bootleg steelbook, and poorly made one at that. Someone would have to be an idiot to purchase a Criterion Steelbook also since it's common knowledge they don't exist. This is why I wouldn't be surprised if that picture is actually personal property of yours. The only thing you have proved is that you're an even bigger idiot then I originally suspected.

P.S. Here is the image Amazon UK provides for Blade Runner....look at the spine and tell me that's a tin not a steelbook.

Last edited by mshulman5; 07-14-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote:

Man I wish I hadn't sold my extra day after tomorrow or I would have set up my day after tomorrow as the first lenticular steelbook to laugh at jimmyluke.

i have the steelbook of it and the old version wiht the slip cover well i took the just the lenticular cover of the slip cover and put it on the steelbook.. see picture below...

Old 07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Quote:

hahaha he actually is.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Thats d new VIVA Metal

Quote:

Yeah, its my style & d bestbuy female mgr digged it as cute.

Last edited by JimmyLuke; 07-14-2008 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Quote:

hahahaha!! that shit made me crack up

(if you are doing this as a joke, THEN it is very comical... but you are actually doing this as like, serious... then, it isnt funny at all.. its just sad... but im giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking you just like to fuck with people)!

(and dude.. Socks with Sandals.. thats generally reserved for white boys that THINK they are Gangstas... and if you are one of them, then that also means you pry arent fucking with people, that most likely means you are serious in your posts.. in which case......)

Last edited by SkyNet; 07-14-2008 at 04:35 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Thats d new VIVA Metal

Yeah, its my style & d bestbuy female mgr digged it as cute.

Actually now that I have the Blade Runner Tin. There is no labeling on the spine like there is in the picture from Amazon UK. It's obviously a different picture they showed then what I got.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
lol... he tags his shitty photos like someone is gonna take em and copyright infringe him.... dumbass.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
has there been any offical news on the iron man steelbook... is fye the only store with a steelbook or will other stores etc have them...
Old 07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzter View Post
has there been any offical news on the iron man steelbook... is fye the only store with a steelbook or will other stores etc have them...
FYE Exclusive as far as I know
Closed Thread