Old 10-03-2007, 01:00 AM
DEXTER

Is anyone else out there watching this wonderful show? I didn't catch the first season until like a week ago, but man it is fucking amazing. I'd have t say Showtime is really doing everything it can to make HBO regret all of their show cancellations. So anyone else enjoying season 2 of Dex?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I actually switched from HBO to Showtime just to watch Dexter. The first season was excellent and the second season premiere set-up a ton of things. That shot of the under water grave where Dexter dumps all of his bodies was great. Definitly looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't get showtime where I live in canada but I did catch a couple episodes of it on the net. I went out and bought the first season and loved it! I'll just have to wait for the second season to come out on DVD, sucks; but it's worth the wait.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Just downloaded season 1 off torrent..........
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Easily the best season premiere so far. I saw episode two off my friend's press disc thing, and I can easily see Dexter having the best season on all of television this year.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Tonights episode was awesome. I'm starting to dislike Rita as the episodes keep going.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
D E X T E R (Season 2)

Still the best series on television, with a superb cast of eccentric characters, lush Miami locales, intricate plots and Michael C. Hall's killer kool year-round summer wardrobe I wish i could wear here in Louisiana (where winter came surprsingly early yesterday). The first two episodes were superb, the third one wasn't up to par but still better than anything else on television. Haven't seen the fourth ep yet b/c I'm waaayyyyy behind on my DVR catch-up list.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
This is the best show on! Watched all of season 1 in a day. Seen all of 2 so far. I'm loving this. Will be buying the books too....
Old 11-02-2007, 05:52 PM
This show just gets better by the week.. I also want to check out the books.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
This. Show. Is. The. Shit. I read the first two books after the first season, and surprise surprise, they're even better than the show. This is the only show that I'll actually sit back and watch while its showing for the first time, rather than DVR it and catch it later.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
i love it
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I can't believe these Mutha Fuckas got Doakes suspended!!!!

I totally changed my mind about the Rita thing... She's still a Goddess.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:45 AM
I love this show and ordered all the books recently... Will be reading them soon........
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM
The Doakes head butt it the greatest moment in television history.

"I own you!"

omg
Old 11-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfather View Post

"I own you!"

omg
My cousin echoes this sentiment.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-rfgHiDzk

I'm making this my Christmas card.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Dexter is the best show on television. I didnt watch it last year, and i got it off of Netflix, and every disc got me more and more interested, and i have been picking it up this year. hes such a gifted actor, and its such a well written show.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Quote:

"I own you!"

omg
Right on brotha! Dexter is by far the best TV show on right now. It's the perfect blend of dark comedy and drama. It keeps you hooked on it because the writers put a lot of work into the characters. Everybody is unique and you know them as if they were good friends... Angel's always a thoughtful guy, Masuka's the smart ass, Doakes is just an asshole in general. It's good stuff. I like that they put focus on all the minor characters as well as Dexter, it makes it stand out as the best written show on TV.

Season 2 is really packing quite a punch. I didn't expect so much to happen this soon. It looks like Lundey's team is getting closer every episode to Dexter's trail. It's very suspenseful. It really is a strange show because you empathize with a guy you'd never want to be in the same room with under any other circumstance.

I loved tonight's episode. It looks like Dexter's getting more vicious now and I like it. I don't even know how they'll end this season.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Tonight's the night. Is Dex busted or what?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Holy God.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm amazed each week at how much better each episode is as the season goes on considering how strong the season started in the first place. I keep thinking "they can't possibly top that" at the end of each episode, but then the next week they do. Dexter is now by far my favorite show on TV.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Bring on next week already. Anticipation for this show peeks weekly.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Day of show bump... I hear this show's ratings are increasing weekly. I hope that's true. This is truly one of the finest shows I've seen.

Though if Doakes ends up out of next season I'll be pissed.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Tonight we will see if Dexter does indeed own Doakes like he said he did. hehe

I wonder if he's going to find a new way of keeping trophies or if he's going to drop it.

Last week's episode was brilliant. This week's episode has got some big shoes to fill.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:28 PM

I love Love LOVE Dexter! I don't have Showtime anymore, (It was either cable, or high speed internet! lol) so I've been catching up watching online.

I've been on the edge of my seat after that last episode. What is he going to do with Doakes? Get framed for Dexter's murders? I love Dexter, and I want nothing to happen for him.

I'm so excited to see what happens! And BTW, the head butt was priceless!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-rfgHiDzk

I'm making this my Christmas card.
That was awesome!!! Haha.. Thank you Scarfather!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Glad to see another Soprano supporter finding something else to watch... I have to wait like three and a half more hours... Not going to be pretty.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Dexter's been the most consistent show on TV in the last few years. It always brings a smile to my face. It's so dark and twisted. Every character, no matter how annoying they can get to some people, are actually well written and fleshed out.

:::SPOILERS:::::

Here's my prediction for the end of the season: the drug dealer's (who Dexter killed in front of Doakes) crew are going to come to the cabin where they'll confront Dexter, Lila and Doakes in an all out finale where Doakes will die as Dexter actually tries to save his life... Dexter will scare the shit out of Lila and make sure she'll never fuck with him again. Doakes is pinned to the murders, Dexter gets off clean but LaGuerta's going to be suspicious of him from now on. Oh, and Lundey's ass will make another unwarranted cameo alongside Batista getting raped in prison for drugging Lila. hehe... no, but I'm sure Dexter will scare Lila so bad she'll drop the charges.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Angel is getting f'd... Lila is the most annoying character by far on the show. Dex really should have seen that one coming. The first season showed how good Dexter was at keeping everything hidden. This season seems to be focused on showing how human Dexter really is, and how imperfect he can be.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingbanky View Post
Angel is getting f'd... Lila is the most annoying character by far on the show. Dex really should have seen that one coming.
Thanks banky I couldn't agree with you more! I absolutely despise Lila. I knew she was going to do something. Poor Angel. I really like his character!

I hate to say it but I'm starting to feel bad for Doakes. He did get himself into this mess, but I'd rather see him go to prison then get killed. We find out more about Harry, which puts a damper on Dex. That better not affect him! I'm afraid he's going to stop the killings, because of what it did to Harry. I predict Doakes will pay for Dexter's crimes, Lila will die, and Dexter will stop being a killer to be with Rita and the kids. As much as I want Dexter to kill the bad guys, I think he's going to go clean. Finally be 'sober' for once. Boo!

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Damn I hate Lila! I want her and her horrid whiteness to die!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 AM
I think the only possible outcome that I would be angry with is one where Doakes isn't in the next season. He's the reason I actually began watching the show because I saw a commercial with him calling Dex a motherfucker, and he said it so damn cool. No Doakes = No Dexter in my eyes... I think Dexter will see the error of his ways, but I don't think he'll be able to stay away forever. Ha Her Horrid whiteness.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Episodes 11 and 12 have now leaked online: http://thepiratebay.org/tv/35/S02/

Do I dare watch them? I know if I do I'll regret not waiting for the anticipation! What about you banky... are you going to wait?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm quite tempted, but I do so much stuff on my computer that I don't really like risking it all with downloads of stuff that'll come my way eventually anyhow...

But this is Dexter, so only time will tell how this one plays out. How could you tempt me like this Linds? Ha so coy with you're little blue face with sunglasses.

Last edited by chasingbanky; 12-05-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
HAHA!

If my computer blows up, I'll let ya know, k? hehe..

I think I might download episode 11 to see how good the quality is. I don't know... I really want to know what happens. Grrrr..

Oh yeah, baby.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
That's the smiley all the other smilies call Iceman...

Anyway you won't be able to let me know if it blows up... If it blows up. Seriously if you do watch it you better let me know of the quality happenings wise, and video wise.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I've only seen the up to the 2nd episode and it's bloody brilliant, I love it. Feels like American Psycho and Mr Brooks crashed into one another.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I've only seen the up to the 2nd episode and it's bloody brilliant, I love it. Feels like American Psycho and Mr Brooks crashed into one another.
Glad to hear it. I'd be careful around this thread so far though until you catch up. There might be some slight slippages you'll wish you didn't come across. This series is amazing, so I hope no one spoils it for you.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Just finished watching episodes 11 and 12. Great, GREAT episodes. This season ranks up there with The Sopranos S2 and The Wire S1 as some of the best TV in history.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingbanky View Post
Glad to hear it. I'd be careful around this thread so far though until you catch up. There might be some slight slippages you'll wish you didn't come across. This series is amazing, so I hope no one spoils it for you.
Don't you worry, if I even sense someone is going to slip a word or two out I close the browser turn on the television, slip the dvd in and hit play. One of few shows I can watch so many episodes back-to-back, usually I like having a wait in between episodes, but this I can watch back-to-back, as I said. I'm up to 7th episode now, what great episodes #5 & #6 were.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Wow... what a FANTASTIC series. I'm so sad that it's over with.

For people who hate downloading, I've found two great links that just play with a click of a button!

EPISODE 11: Left Turn Ahead
EPISODE 12: The British Invasion

I don't want to dicuss the last two episodes yet, until they're aired! Enjoy!