#41  
Old 12-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
But why?
Because thre's no way any ofthose movies you listed could possibly be considered the worst movie of all time, especially my favorite film of all time, Unbreakable.

When judging the world's worst movie you cant just go by whether r not you 'liked' it. You have to consider everything and with High Tension, Irreversible, and Unbreakable yo can't deny the skill of the acting, the cinematography, the editing, the sound design etc.

However, when discussing a movie like MANOS the hands of fate, it's horribly , horribly bad on every conceivable level, making it a valued nominee on the worst movie ever list.

It's fine if you dont like certain movies, obviously this is your opinion, but to ignore a film's positives just because you dont like it is simply ignorant.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Friday the 13th part 8: Jason? Manhattan? What the hell. What was going through the creator's mind. They were most likely thinking "How the hell can we screw the series and the fans over with this one?"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
You have to consider everything and with High Tension, Irreversible, and Unbreakable yo can't deny the skill of the acting, the cinematography, the editing, the sound design etc.
I did... High Tension had terrible acting. Irreversible had god awful cinematogrpahy. Unbreakable had shit writing, garbage cinematography and garbage editing. Again, my opinion, which is kinda the POINT of saying one movie is shit vs another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson
It's fine if you dont like certain movies, obviously this is your opinion, but to ignore a film's positives just because you dont like it is simply ignorant.
Ignoring a films few positives is the basis of hating something. Just cause one thing is good, amongst the hundreds of pieces of shit, doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden like it.

Like I said, there are tons of movies technically worse than the ones I named, but a flick with a bunch of nobody actors, with a $5000 budget, written and directed by some kid from Tusla can't be compared to a multi million dollar budgeted flick, with name actors, award winning directors and writers. One you expect crap from, and the other, you hope can at least achieve something close to expectations. And by that criteria, I stick by my choices.

It's just too easy to say, "Worst movie ever... Plan 9 From Outer Space". How many people expected a stellar smash movie going in? Exactly... none. Sometimes you can tell just by the cast/director/writer/trailer, just what you're getting into. And the same goes for every movie. I was really expecting something great from Unbreakable, but as I watched, I became more and more enraged by what I saw, and when it was all over, I felt like I was anal raped, and slapped in the face with my own pink sock. Same goes for Haute Tension. All the solid reviews and recommendations, in the end, I wish I was one of the people killed. As for Irreversible... I know exactly how Bellucci's character felt when it was done... sore and bloody.

Sometimes you just want to turn off your brain, and be entertained when watching a flick. Other times, you want your brain to be firing on all cylinders, being tested and probed. Yet sometimes, you get a mix. You go into a flick with your brain shut off, and it's so good/fresh/fun, you flip the switch and just dive in. Other times... and this is where I get pissy... is when you go into a flick, all fired up ready for a great ride, and you're pummeled with such deflating tripe, your brain gets switched to the off position by a blunt steel boot to the side of the head.

Hey, like what you like, dislike what you dislike, cause in the end, there are thousands of movies made each year, most of them shit, and most of THEM top the box office every week.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
How someone could ever nominate Unbreakable, Irreversible or High Tension is completley beyond me. You must only watch masterpieces if you honestly think these movies are the "worst movies of all time." It's as if you've never heard of or seen Uwe Boll movies, Ed Wood movies, or the like.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-27-2007, 12:43 PM
High Tension is one of the finest modern pieces of horror ive watched in awhile.

anyway, modern day Wicker Man should definitely be up for worst ever. also, this movie i rented awhile ago with some friends called Candy Stripers (my idiot friends kept thinking the movie was called candy strippers), and this was the worst attempt at creating a cool b-movie ive ever seen. just dreadful shit.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Every DVD copy of Gothika and Ghost ship should have been burned or never filmed in the first place but time travel is not possible.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Night of the Living Dead 3D: This movie sucked balls. I already don't like Sid Haig's acting but this made me hate it even worse.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Am I the only one who likes the Jeepers Creepers films?

As for the worst, here are a few:


1.) Darkness Falls.

2.) Jaws 4.

3.) Manos: The Hands of Fate.

4.) Werewolf (it was an MST3K episode).

5.) Alien Vs. Predator. It saddens me to say that.

6.) Rob Zombie's HINO--Halloween In-Name Only.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
I did... High Tension had terrible acting. Irreversible had god awful cinematogrpahy. Unbreakable had shit writing, garbage cinematography and garbage editing. Again, my opinion, which is kinda the POINT of saying one movie is shit vs another.



Ignoring a films few positives is the basis of hating something. Just cause one thing is good, amongst the hundreds of pieces of shit, doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden like it.

Like I said, there are tons of movies technically worse than the ones I named, but a flick with a bunch of nobody actors, with a $5000 budget, written and directed by some kid from Tusla can't be compared to a multi million dollar budgeted flick, with name actors, award winning directors and writers. One you expect crap from, and the other, you hope can at least achieve something close to expectations. And by that criteria, I stick by my choices.

It's just too easy to say, "Worst movie ever... Plan 9 From Outer Space". How many people expected a stellar smash movie going in? Exactly... none. Sometimes you can tell just by the cast/director/writer/trailer, just what you're getting into. And the same goes for every movie. I was really expecting something great from Unbreakable, but as I watched, I became more and more enraged by what I saw, and when it was all over, I felt like I was anal raped, and slapped in the face with my own pink sock. Same goes for Haute Tension. All the solid reviews and recommendations, in the end, I wish I was one of the people killed. As for Irreversible... I know exactly how Bellucci's character felt when it was done... sore and bloody.

Sometimes you just want to turn off your brain, and be entertained when watching a flick. Other times, you want your brain to be firing on all cylinders, being tested and probed. Yet sometimes, you get a mix. You go into a flick with your brain shut off, and it's so good/fresh/fun, you flip the switch and just dive in. Other times... and this is where I get pissy... is when you go into a flick, all fired up ready for a great ride, and you're pummeled with such deflating tripe, your brain gets switched to the off position by a blunt steel boot to the side of the head.

Hey, like what you like, dislike what you dislike, cause in the end, there are thousands of movies made each year, most of them shit, and most of THEM top the box office every week.
Again, you're ignoring those films positives to suit your own biased opinion.

I don't hate, say, Flesh for the Beast because I dont like it (I dont) i hate it because its completely unsuccessful on every single level. There is not a THING I can say I like about that movie.

Can you say Bruce Willis' acting was terrible in Unbreakable? Can you say the art Direction was non existent? Can you say the sound design was poor? I highly doubt it.

Can you say Bellucci isnt a hot POA? I doubt that also. (The same goes for whatsername in Haute Tension)

Those are POSITIVES that you choose to ignore based on personal preference.

When a movie goes from being 'i dont care for it' to 'worst movie of all time' it means that's NOTHING is good about the film. Not a single damn thing.

I wouldn't put Plan 9 in my worst movies category, because at least its entertaining.

I know you're going to take the route of: I'm complaining about technical expertise here as reasons for citing whether a film is good or not, and you're right. I am.

you can't say there is nothing at all positive in the films you listed - you can't You dont like the film - cool, everyone has an opinion - but you chose 3 GREATLY made, greatly acted, very popular films to put on your worst of all time list, and it's obviously uncalled for with all the cinematic abortions out there

You simply cannot say a movie ISNT bad because it's low budget. Are you saying because its supposed to be bad it gets a free pass? that's ridiculous and you know it - plenty of ow budgeter have been wilidy succesful and quite good, so your arguement falls apart right there.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible_toxie View Post
Friday the 13th part 8: Jason? Manhattan? What the hell. What was going through the creator's mind. They were most likely thinking "How the hell can we screw the series and the fans over with this one?"

the director originally planned it to be 1/3 on the boat, 2/3 on the island of Manhattan, slaughtering anyone in his way.

they cut the budget significantly at the last minute, and in order to get it into production he had to make it 2/3 on the boat, 1/3 on manhattan.

He even jokingly thought about re-naming it Jason Takes a Cruise Ship, but that didnt really fly with the producers.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things - I know its a classic to some people but I thought it was trash. If Donnie Darko here thought High Tension had bad acting then this should make him rethink his list.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeptron View Post
Am I the only one who likes the Jeepers Creepers films?

I like 'em.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy drako View Post
Worst movie ever? Pretty safe bet any movie this guy is in will either be barely tolerable or come straight from the pit of hell itself.




Lord of war?!?!?


Worst movies

Jeepers Creepers

I Eat Your Skin
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Worse movie ever is Burial Ground what the heck was up with the creepy kid (played by an equally creepy little person).

Madman deserves an honorable mention though....
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeptron View Post
Am I the only one who likes the Jeepers Creepers films?
Nope. I like em too. Both of them. Ray Wise was awesome in the sequel. And The Creeper is a badass character. Of all the recent attempts to try and capture a franchise ala Friday the 13th, Halloween and A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Creeper is one of the better ones.


Well, since this is the horror boards, I assume we are list the worst in the horror genre. In that case some real turkeys are:

Jack Frost
The Mangler
Graveyard Shift
All of the Friday the 13th flicks (except for Jason Goes to Hell, which is a guilty pleasure of mine and Freddy Vs Jason)
Leprachaun 1 & 2
Jaws: The Revenge
Hatchet
Feast
Halloween III
Bats
Wishmaster
An American Warewolf in Paris
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Ghost Rig
House Of The Dead 2 (havent seen number 1)
Evil Aliens
The Candyman Series
Cursed
The Hole
Dog Soldiers
Underworld
Evil Dead

I know some of these are loved by a lot of people but i cant stand these movies.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
The Stink of Flesh
Jack Frost 2
Ice Spiders
Any Wishmaster past 2
The Grudge
The Ring Two
Boogeyman
Pinocchio's Revenge
Leprechaun 4: In Space
The Rage: Carrie 2
See No Evil
Stay Alive
Primeval
Ghoulies 1 (2 was better)
Halloween: Resurrection
I see people mention The Mangler. Not as bad as the third in the series The Mangler Reborn. Now that's bad.
Or how 'bout:

Gingerdead Man is so bad it's almost good. The best part about it is that it's only 70 minutes, so it's not too hard to deal with.

Last edited by PreySlayDisplay; 01-13-2008 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 AM
I also just got done watching 2007's Black Sheep. Go ahead and add that one to the list.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-15-2008, 05:03 PM
So many to choose from: The Invisible, Rob Zombie's Halloween, Eaten Alive, C.H.U.D 2, Jason X....and the list goes on....
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM
awww was CHUD 2 really that bad? I kindve want to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Sleepaway Camp......I know some of you absolutely love this film but I just don't see why? I saw it in the theatre when it first came out when I was 13 and laughed my ass off the whole time. Terrible acting, terrible kills....a freakin' curling iron for fucks sake!...and that ending.....ugh! Nothing about it was scary.

I'd also like to nominate:

Black Christmas (remake)
When a Stranger Calls (remake)
Zombie's Halloween ( I see a trend here)
Psycho (remake and just because of how unnecessary it was)
Island of Dr Moreau (remake though that "Mini-me" Brando was pretty freaky lookin')
Stepford Wives (remake...maybe I should start a worst remakes thread)

....all that comes to mind at the moment, though Basic Instinct 2 and Catwoman both really, really stunk!

Last edited by snoopmish; 01-26-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Most Christopher Lee's Dracula Movies,
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopmish View Post
Island of Dr Moreau (remake though that "Mini-me" Brando was pretty freaky lookin')
LOL, the only reason why I watched that movie was because of the then-younger Val Kilmer wearing a sarong.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Terror Toons - Pure and utter shite!
Rave to the Grave - Seriously, what the fuck?
ROTLD Necropolis - The writers need to be drug out into the street and shot.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
When A Stranger Calls - i almost went back to blockbuster to get my money back it was so bad
House of the Dead - What the fuck?!
Green River Killer - so bad, I had to turn it off, and I've never done that.
Zombie Nation - Seriously, how the fuck does Ulli Lommel get money to make these shitty movies? It looks like he spent more money on the covers of the DVD than the actual movies
Chicago Massacre: Richard Speck - I feel asleep it was so boring and my girlfriend started to read a book in the middle so we just turned it off.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy drako View Post
Worst movie ever? Pretty safe bet any movie this guy is in will either be barely tolerable or come straight from the pit of hell itself.


bringing out the dead was cool

i think worst movie ever is
Picnic at Hanging Rock

as horror
the return of the living dead
'send.. more.. paramedics'
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Pretty much all but the first ROTLD series especially the 4th (but I still saw them all for some reason)
The GingerDead Man - wow was that boring
Sasquatch Hunters
Shark Attack 3
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Dark Ride- I really don't fall asleep during movies but this one took me about 3 sit throughs to see it all and the acting was really bland.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Just watched Troll 2 - one of the worst I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm still laughing at the inclusion of Grumpy Old Men.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Dead Clowns... just awful. SIGH
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Bloodz vs. Wolvez

Hands down, sorry guys, but there is no competition.

I dare anyone to sit all the way through this piece of shit. It truly has no redeeming qualities. It's not even close to being good bad, it's I want to beat the holy hell out of the asshole who put this on DVD BAD!

Order it here if you dare:

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodz-vs-Wolv...2811482&sr=1-1

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Bottom Feeder is Citizen Kane compared to this garbage.

Last edited by Crimson_Kahuna; 02-12-2008 at 04:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Burial Ground: To sum up all the creepy parts- 25 year old playing a 12 year old boy and he trys to feel up his mom.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Have to add some more movies to the list I just watched.


Shadow: Dead Riot
The Dead Next Door - I know a lot of people like this one
Lake Placid 2 is pretty bad
Pinata: Survival Island
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Burial Ground rules! To include it here is just wrong.

Okay, maybe not...it is an awful movie, but for some reason I can watch it over and over, especially because of the creepy kid!

"Mother, this cloth...it smells of death!"

How can you hate on that???

I nominate the Mangler. I hate that fuckin' movie.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 PM
so many to choose from...

since I've seen more bad horror movies than good--trying to find a top 5 or top 10 list is somewhat challenging....given a lot of movies I've seen and hated I forced myself to forget them and the fact I spend $$ on them, either in the cineplex or rentals.
I'm going to throw this one out there as one of the WORST horror films EVER! (I really wanted a refund back after seeing this in the theater).

End of Days----(Aaaahhhhnnnooolllldd----what were you thinking???)
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I loved End Of Days, one of my favourite Arnie flicks.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 PM
The remake of the fog was so bad i felt like i caught a disease watching it
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Let's see...

Redneck Zombies
Mr. Ice Cream Man
A Night to Dismember
Night of Horror (the absolute worst)
Ax 'Em
Crocodile (1981)
Lake Placid 2 (talk about crushing an 8 year dream)
Zombiez
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-29-2008, 03:14 PM
End Of Days is the worst movie EVER.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump