Old 01-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Fantastic Four

teaser trailer recently hit the net

thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2J9ixAZdw
Old 01-29-2015, 08:35 AM
looks like a useless reboot in the vein of Nolan?super serious dark origins reboot of the FF

I didnt really care for the other two films.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Looks pretty good to me, although when they've rebooted Hulk and Spider-Man shortly after the originals the results haven't been much better. Hopeful for this simply because the director is a real talent based on Chronicle.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:20 AM
I went from being very meh on this movie to now being genuinely intrigued and interested. Very cool teaser.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:55 AM
I'll watch it.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:27 AM
I've never seen the original ones (with Evans and Alba) . those looked too corny for me.

But this actually looks pretty promising . The cast is great and the director is talented. at least this teaser was better than freakin Ant Man's teaser.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:53 PM
I've seen the 2005 F4 movie and while it wasn't awful it wasn't mind blowing spectacular, mainly light-hearted but serious enough. This new one looks far superior based solely on the trailer alone.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:25 PM

A new trailer has premiered on Youtube:
Fantastic Four | Official Trailer

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-19-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Old 08-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Since we're still here might as well rate this FF fiasco...

0/10

I officially HATE this Fant 4 Stink movie more than any other I've seen in my life. Hate everything about it.

I'm a film fan in general and have 2,074 films ranked on my Flickchart account. This FF is now ranked dead last. Even other movies that I hated like Open Water, Crystal Skull, Battlefield Earth, Skyline, Hudson Hawk are now ranked ahead of the disgrace they perpetrated on these FF characters. Maybe I love the characters too much and this made me hate this fiasco more but I don't care why. All I know is that this hate will never go away.

If this fiasco had been just another Sci-fi Channel type movie I may not have found it offensively bad. I would roll my eyes at its awfulness and move on. Basically, treat it like a Sharknado level movie. However, taking literary characters that are complex and for years deserved the title of “World’s Greatest Comic Magazine” that appeared on their cover and reduce them to this inane drivel is outrageous. Everything about this movie is a waste of film and of talent.

The lead up and first act is dull as possible with the characters having the depth of a mud puddle. Then, they completely forgo any kind of second act at all and jump forward in time. Finally, they deliver the worst concluding act and lack of payoff in comic book adaptation history.

How does something this incompetently pieced together hit the summer big screen? Whether it was a combination of an overwhelmed director, an awful script, lack of budget or budget being stripped away at the last second by a panicked studio or straight up studio interference it doesn't matter. What was released in theatres is an abomination to the genre and painful to watch.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Here are my thoughts on the movie from joblo face book group page:

It's not a particularly successful movie and it definitely has some pretty big problems but it's also not nearly the disaster that the critics' would have you believe it to be either. It's got an interesting story but they never really do anything with it. The script really needed another rewrite or two. The second half is extremely rushed and clunky. The story and characters had potential but they were never developed. Some of the dialogue in the second half of the movie is pretty bad. Not Batman & Robin bad, but still pretty bad. The visuals are pretty cool (I was mixed on The Thing though). The climactic showdown with Doom had some moments here and there that were kind of cool but it was largely cheesy and choppily edited. Bottom line, this movie reeks of studio interference. Apparently Josh Trank was not happy with this movie and says FOX basically took over the movie from him. Given how good the first half of the movie is and how messy and choppy the second half is, I'm inclined to believe him. This movie had massive potential, what we got was a massive wasted opportunity. I'd generally give this a 6/10. or ** 1/2 out of ****
Old 08-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Watching Fantastic Four or FANT4STIC play out on the big screen it wasnt hard for me to believe at least half of the
rumors about the major malfunctions on the set of this film were true.

Its not the horrific nightmare some critics have made it out to be.I actually liked the first half and development of the characters.
The actors Miles Teller , Michael B. Jordan, along with Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Toby Kebbell whom i admire and have enjoyed their
work elsewhere do a great job in the first half.
Then everything goes flatter than a 3 day mug of beer The script,the SFX ( i swear i laughed out loud at how cheap and cheesie
some of it looked like) everything!!
Whats so frustrating is that i could see if they had made only a few alterations to the script it would have been a much better film.
This film has one of the most anti climatic and grating conclusions i have ever seen
I really dont get how a studio has the rights to such a wealth of stories and doesnt use them.Dr.Doom is one of the most interesting
villains in comics,here he is reduced to an odd looking Terminator,mixed with the robot from Millenium (yeah look that movie up and
watch the whole thing ,i dare you!!)
All i can say is watch the first half of this film,when it hits DVD,then go online or buy some old FF comics and read them

Scale of 1-10 a 4
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
Just saw this today in the theaters. It was complete trash and bombed so badly. Worse yet is that the director of this hot mess REFUSES to take any blame for this movie's complete and utter failure.