Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I've actually already seen Jack & Jill... it's pretty good... I mean, you have to like Adam Sandler and his movies as it is 100% an Adam Sandler movie.. but it was pretty good. Plus it's got Al Pacino in it, and he gives one hell of a comedic performance.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM
A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas - Rated R for strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence.

Final Destination 5 - Rated R for strong violent/gruesome accidents, and some language.

Dolphin Tale 3D - Rated PGfor some mild thematic elements.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Conan the Barbarian - Rated R for strong bloody violence, some sexuality and nudity.

Makes me excited I was sure it was gonna be PG-13
Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 AM
I actually have already seen Harold & Kumar Christmas as well (in 3D).... super hilarious... worth the money for 3D. (Only if you liked the first 2, obviously)

As for Conan... even with an R... i still just can't interested in it!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
As for Conan... even with an R... i still just can't interested in it!
The trailer for the movie is such a mixed bag. Some of it looks very cool and some of it looks incredibly cheesy.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Captain America - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action.

The Change UP - Rated R for pervasive strong crude sexual content and language, some graphic nudity and drug use.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Rated PG-13 for intense and frightening sequences of action and violence.

Everybody Loves Whales - Rated PG for language.

An Invisible Sign - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material and some disturbing images.

Attack the Block - Rated R for creature violence, drug content and pervasive language.

Redemption Road - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, some violence, language and sexual material.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 PM
The Change-Up is rated R? I might actually check this out now.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
The Change-Up is rated R? I might actually check this out now.
Wasn't there a red band trailer for it?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Jack and Jill - Rated PG for crude material including suggestive references, language, comic violence and brief smoking.

Red State - Rated R for strong violence/disturbing content, some sexual content including brief nudity, and pervasive language.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Straw Dogs (2011) - Rated R for strong brutal violence including a sexual attack, menace, some sexual content, and pervasive language.

30 Minutes or Less - Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, nudity and some violence.

Contagion - Rated PG-13 for disturbing content and some language.

Colombiana - Rated PG-13 for violence, disturbing images, intense sequences of action, sexuality and brief strong language.

Contraband - Rated R for violence, pervasive language and brief drug use.

Abduction - Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense violence and action, brief language, some sexual content and teen partying.

Dirty Girl - Rated R for sexual content including graphic nudity, and for language.

Coriolanus - Rated R for some bloody violence.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Disappointed about Contagion and Colombiana. Especially Colombiana which I was really hoping for a kick ass R rated action flick.

Happy about Straw Dogs though. Definitely looking forward to that movie.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Disappointed about Contagion and Colombiana. Especially Colombiana which I was really hoping for a kick ass R rated action flick.
We keep getting R rated comedies yet no bad ass R rated action movies.

WHY?!?!?!?!?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
We keep getting R rated comedies yet no bad ass R rated action movies.

WHY?!?!?!?!?
I stopped asking myself that when Live Free or Die Hard received a PG-13 and Wedding Crashers received an R.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Straw Dogs is an R rated action flick. And it looks pretty decent. So, at least there's that. But yeah, it'd be nice to get a really great, kick ass R rated action flick every once and a while.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Also annoyed that Colombiana has the same rating as the whimpy Abduction movie with Wolf Boy I mean Taylor Launter.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
yet no bad ass R rated action movies.

WHY?!?!?!?!?
What about Drive?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Peep World - Rated R for language and some sexual content.

Glee 3D The Concert Movie - Rated PG for thematic elements, brief language and some sensuality.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - Rated R for violence, some sexuality/nudity and language.

The Skin I Live In - Rated R for disturbing violent content including sexual assault, strong sexuality, graphic nudity, drug use and language.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 AM
War Horse - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of war violence.

In The Land of Blood and Honey - Rated R for war violence and atrocities including rape, sexuality, nudity and language.

Killer Elite - Rated R for strong violence, language, and some sexuality/nudity.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - Rated R for bloody horror violence, language and brief nudity.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Do they watch the finished film? Would War Horse be complete 4.5 months before opening?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Salvation Boulevard - Rated R for some language, violence, drug material and brief sexual content.

J. Edgar - Rated R for brief strong language.

A Dangerous Method - Rated R for sexual content and brief language.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Rated PG for mild thematic elements and brief language.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
[B]
J. Edgar - Rated R for brief strong language.
So they say Fuck once or twice and that warrants an R???

You'd think a movie about J Edgar Hoover would have plenty of content to fill out the reasons it was rated R!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry I haven't done these since last year. I'm back! Hopefully.

John Carter - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence.

American Reunion - Rated R for crude and sexual content throughout, nudity, language brief drug use and teen drinking.

The Possession - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving violence and disturbing sequences. (re-rated on appeal)

Chronicle - Rated PG-13 for intense action and violence, thematic material, some language, sexual content and teen drinking.

Moonrise Kingdom - Rated PG-13 for sexual content and smoking.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Rated PG-13 for some violence and sexual content, and brief language.

Jeff Who Lives at Home - Rated R for language including sexual references and some drug use.

The Lorax - Rated PG for brief mild language.

Safe House - Rated R for strong violence throughout and some language.

Mirror Mirror - Rated PG for some fantasy action and mild rude rumor.

This Means War - Rated R for some sexual content. (Pending Appeal)

A Thousand Words - Rated PG-13 for sexual situations including dialogue, language and some drug-related humor.

Won't Back Down - Rated PG for thematic elements and language.

War of the Arrows - Rated R for bloody violence.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
KICK ASS for Safe House, American Reunion and possibly This Means War if it keeps the R rating! Although only for some sexual content? Huh. Movie looks like it has a lot of action in it. Don't know what to make of that.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
MPAA SUCKS

Hey I am trying to fight against the MPAA and make it more transparent to try to keep ratings real. The fact that violence is not as bad as sex is ridiculous to me.

Will you sign my petition?

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell...ting-of-movies
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 AM
This is great news for me.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
FIgure this should be a sticky thread so we can all keep up to date on the upcoming movies official ratings:

The big one today is:

PROMETHEUS has officially been Rated R
Old 05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
To Rome with Love R: some sexual references.

Rock of Ages PG-13: sexual content, suggestive dancing, some heavy drinking, and language.

Argo R: language and some violent images.

Dredd R: strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content.

The Dictator R: strong crude and sexual content, brief male nudity, language and some violent images.

Piranha 3DD R: sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.

Snow White & The Huntsman PG13: intense sequences of violence and action, and brief sensuality.

The Dark Knight Rises PG13: intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language.

Chernobyl Diaries R: violence, some bloody images and pervasive language.

Magic Mike R: pervasive sexual content, brief graphic nudity, language and some drug use.

Savages R: strong brutal and grisly violence, some graphic sexuality, nudity, drug use and language throughout.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
2 Days in New York - Rated R for language, sexual content, some drug use and brief nudity.

40 Point Plan - Rated PG for some mild thematic elements.

Battlefield America - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements involving some drug material, and for some language.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 - Rated G

Bindlestiffs - Rated R for pervasive crude and sexual content, language, some drug use and brief violence - all involving teens.

Brave - Rated PG for some scary action and rude humor.

Celeste and Jesse Forever - Rated R for language, sexual content and drug use.

Chickens with Plums - Rated PG-13 for some drug content, violent images, sensuality and smoking.

The Decoy Bride - Rated PG for some rude content.

The Forger - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements and some fighting.

Jersey Shore Shark Attack - Rated R for some bloody creature violence.

Kiara the Brave - Rated PG for scary scenes and images.

Killer Joe - Rated NC-17 for graphic disturbing content involving violence and sexuality, and a scene of brutality.

Prometheus - Rated R for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.

Ruby Sparks - Rated R for language including sexual references, and for some drug use.

Sand Sharks - Rated R for some bloody creature violence.

Tyler MUTHAFUCKIN Perry's Madea's Witness Protection - Rated PG-13 for some crude sexual remarks and brief drug references.

V/H/S - Rated R for bloody violence, strong sexuality, graphic nudity, pervasive language and some drug use.

The Words - Rated PG-13 for brief strong language and smoking.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 PM
The "Amazing" Spider Man - Rated PG-13 for sequences of action and violence.

Any Last Words? - Rated PG-13 for some western violence.

Barricade - Rated PG-13 for terror and disturbing images.

Brake - Rated R for mental torture/terror, and language throughout.

Cartas a Elena - Rated PG for thematic elements, violence, language and smoking.

Champions of the Deep - Rated PG for martial arts action and brief mild language.

The Cup - Rated PG for thematic elements and language.

Got The Facts on Milk? - Rated PG for mild thematic elements and some language.

Grassroots - Rated R for pervasive language and brief drug use.

Hijacked - Rated R for violence, language and some sexuality.

Ice Age: Continental Drift - Rated PG for mild rude humor and action/peril.

Inseparable - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements, some disturbing images, brief strong language and smoking.

Mac and Devin Go to High School - Rated R for pervasive drug content and use, language and sexual content.

Paul Williams Still Alive - Rated PG-13 for drug references and brief strong language.

Red Lights - Rated R for language and some violence.

Snitch - Rated PG-13 for drug content and sequences of violence.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Chained - Rated R for disturbing and sadistic violent content including bloody killings and rape, and for language and sexuality.

The Day - Rated R for strong bloody violence, pervasive language and some nudity.

Heroes and Demons - Rated R for some sexual content, brief nudity and language.

The Imposter - Rated R for some language.

Maggie Simpson in "The Longest Daycare" - Rated PG for some mild rude humor.

Paranorman - Rated PG for scary action and images, thematic elements, some rude humor and language.

Zombies vs. Strippers - Rated R for bloody horror violence, sexuality/nudity, language and some drug use.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Rated R for violence throughout and brief sexuality.

The Awakening - Rated R for some violence and sexuality/ nudity.

Babymakers - Rated R for crude and sexual content, brief graphic nudity, language and some drug use.

Cloud Atlas - Rated R for violence, language, sexuality/ nudity and some drug use.

Cosmpoplis - Rated R for some strong sexual content including graphic nudity, violence and language.

Girls Gone Dead - Rated R for bloody horror violence, sexuality/ nudity and language.

The Haunting in Georgia - Rated R for some disturbing horror content.

Hello I Must Be Going - Rated R for language and sexual content.

Hope Springs - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic content involving sexuality.

Mancation - Rated R for strong crude and sexual content including dialogue, nudity and pervasive language.

Pickin' and Grinnin' - Rated R for language and sexual content.

Premium Rush - Rated PG-13 for some violence, intense action sequences and language.

Starbuck - Rated R for sexual content, language and some drug material.

Stolen - Rated R for some violence and brief language.

Sushi Girl - Rated R for strong bloody violence, torture, language, nudity and brief drug use.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Rated R for violence throughout and brief sexuality.
I like that it mentions violence throughout but can't help but be let down by the lack of the words "bloody", "strong", "graphic",etc....
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 AM
was hoping Premium Rush would see an R ratings, but it is JGL, so I will see it even if it was G!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
[REC] 3: Genesis - Rated R for strong bloody horror violence and some language.

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Special Edition) - Rated R for bloody zombie violence.

Blood Money - Rated R for bloody violence, language, drug content and some sexuality/ nudity.

Brawler - Rated R for strong brutal violence, language, sexuality and some drug use.

Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel - Rated PG-13 for some nude images.

Dorfman - Rated R for some sexual content.

Farewell, My Queen - Rated R for brief graphic nudity and language.

Gambit - Rated PG-13 for some suggestive content, partial nudity and a rude gesture.

Hit and Run - Rated R for pervasive language including sexual references, graphic nudity, some violence and drug content.

Smashed - Rated R for alcohol abuse, language, some sexual content and brief drug use.

Starship Troopers: Invasion - Rated R for violence, language and nudity.

The Tall Man - Rated R for violence and terror, and language.

The Watch - Rated R for some strong sexual content including references, pervasive language and violent images.
------------------------------------------------------
Bachelorette - Rated R for sexual content, pervasive language, and drug use.

Below Zero - Rated R for language and some bloody violence.

Bol Bachchan - Rated PG for sequences of action violence, thematic elements and brief mild language.

Bro' - Rated R for drug use and language throughout, sexuality/ nudity and some violence.

Broken City - Rated R for pervasive language, some sexual content and violence.

Dawn of the Dragonslayer - Rated PG-13 for some crude humor and dialogue.

Iron Sky - Rated R for language and some violence.

Katy Perry: Part of Me - Rated PG for some suggestive content, thematic elements and brief smoking.

Lovelace - Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, language, drug use and some domestic violence.

The Obama Effect - Rated PG-13 for some sexual content and language.

One in the Chamber - Rated R for violence, language, brief drug use and sexuality.

Samsara - Rated PG-13 for some disturbing and sexual images.

Something Big - Rated PG-13 for some suggestive content and western violence.

Sophie and Sheba - Rated PG for some scary images and mild language.

Special Forces - Rated R for language and some violence.

The To-Do List - Rated R for pervasive strong crude and sexual content including graphic dialogue, drug and alcohol use, and language - all involving teens.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
247° F - Rated R for language, a scene of sexuality, some disturbing images and drug use.

American Animal - Rated R for strong sexuality, graphic nudity, pervasive language and some drug use.

Amphibious - Rated R for violence, language and brief nudity.

Bad Karma - Rated R for violence, language, drug use and some sexuality/nudity.

Bait 3D - Rated R for bloody violence, some grisly images and language.

Caught on Tape - Rated R for language, some violence and sexual content/nudity.

A Christmas Story 2 - Rated PG for language and some rude humor.

The East - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity.

Flying Swords at Dragon Gate - Rated R for some violence.

Lawless - Rated R for strong bloody violence, language and some sexuality/nudity.

My Fried Bernard - Rated PG for mild rude humor.

Nobody Walks - Rated R sexuality, language and some drug use.

Pitch Perfect - Rated PG-13 for sexual material, language and drug references.

Runaway Slave - Rated PG for thematic elements and brief language

Solomon Kane - Rated R for violence throughout.

Werewolf: The Beast Among Us - Rated R for bloody violence and grisly images throughout.

Yellow Rock - Rated R for some violence.

Yoga Is: A Transformational Journey - Rated PG for brief mild language.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
The King's Speech - Rated R for some language.
Quote:
V/H/S - Rated R for bloody violence, strong sexuality, graphic nudity, pervasive language and some drug use.
Beyond hilariously stupid that those films have the same rating. V/H/S is a nasty little thing, harking back to horrors like Hellraiser etc- it's really good- but I wouldn't recommend taking young kids to it unless you're trying to give them nightmares forever.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Amsterdam Heavy - Rated R For violence, language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use.

The Gangster Squad - Rated R For strong violence and language.

The Inbetweeners - Rated R For strong crude and sexual content, some graphic nudity, language, alcohol and brief drug use.

Nitro Circus The Movie 3D - Rated PG-13 For depiction of extreme and dangerous stunts throughout, and for language.

Taken 2 - Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of violence and action, and some sensuality.

Total Recall - Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, some sexual content, brief nudity, and language.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
A Christmas Story 2 - Rated PG for language and some rude humor.
Seriously a sequel to A Christmas Story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Total Recall - Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, some sexual content, brief nudity, and language.
If Len Wiseman screwed Live Free or Die Hard well it's obvious he alreday screwed another great classic. I guess the babe with 3 breast won't appear in this film unless an unrated version hits dvd.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightAngel View Post
Seriously a sequel to A Christmas Story?

If Len Wiseman screwed Live Free or Die Hard well it's obvious he alreday screwed another great classic. I guess the babe with 3 breast won't appear in this film unless an unrated version hits dvd.
Actually , she's in it.

Yes, just like in the Schwarzenegger movie, Farrell’s soon-to-be-memory-challenged character will encounter a prostitute who bares her chest to tempt him with her mutant rack. “You seem like you’re looking for something,” the woman says, unclasping her blouse. “Is it this?”

She also repeats a variation on a famous line from the other film: “You’re gonna wish you had three hands.”
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Latest MPAA Ratings: BULLETIN NO: 2235 + 1

After - Rated PG-13 For some thematic elements and frightening images.

Backstage At Budz House - Rated R For language, sexual references and some drug use.

Chasing Mavericks - Rated PG For thematic elements and some perilous action.
Release Date: October 26, 2012

The Expatriate - Rated R For violence.

Extinction - Rated R For violence and language.

Just 45 Minutes from Broadway - Rated R For some language.

Last Ounce of Courage - Rated PG For thematic elements, some war images and brief smoking.

Love Me - Rated PG-13 For violence, language and a scene of sensuality.

Middle of Nowhere - Rated R For some language.

Mud - Rated PG-13 For some violence, sexual references, language, thematic elements and smoking.
Release Date: TBA 2013

Reef 2: High Tide - Rated PG For some mild menace and rude humor.

Resident Evil: Damnation - Rated R For bloody violent content.

Seven Psychopaths - Rated R For strong violence, bloody images, pervasive language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use.
Release Date: October 12, 2012

Something Better Somewhere Else - Rated R For language.

That's What She Said - Rated R For sexual content and language.

Trouble with the Curve - Rated PG-13 For language, sexual references, some thematic material and smoking.
Release Date: September 21, 2012

Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines - Rated R For strong bloody horror violence, sexuality, language and drug content.

Here is the +1..... :

Resident Evil: Retribution - Rated R for sequences of strong violence throughout.

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-14-2012 at 06:01 PM..