Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Billy Bob Thornton

What do you think of him?

I think he is one of the most underrated actors out there. He's put out great performances in Sling Blade, A Simple Plan, and The Man Who Wasn't There.

I'm also gotta give him props for writing, directing, and starring in Sling Blade and the little known Daddy and Them (which I recommend to Thornton fans who haven't seen it).

I can even excuse him for some of the poor comedies he's done recently (Mr. Woodcock, School for Scoundrels, and the unnecessary remake of Bad News Bears). Hopefully he can rebound in the near future.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 PM
oh but i thought he was really good in Bad News Bears. Hes a really good actor, particularly loved him in Bad Santa, and hes done some good earlier work, all-around pretty likable guy as an actor, has that chip on his shoulder working for him. Hes not really the most reliable thing, but what ya gonna do.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Awesome actor!

Loved him in A Simple Plan.

If you want to see him in another great performance check out Oliver Stone's U-Turn. He is actually pretty fat in that role and hilarious.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
If you want to see him in another great performance check out Oliver Stone's U-Turn. He is actually pretty fat in that role and hilarious.
Yeah, he was really good in it. He was almost unrecognizable. I wish his role was a bit larger. Really cool movie.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Fuckin awesome actor. And I also liked the Bad News Bears remake. I watched Bad Santa last night for like the tenth time , and he's just so great. never tire of it.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Love the Man. Lost a few points with School for Scoundrels though