Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Chicago ad agency

Advertising agencies Chicago is the most popular chunk for business in the world. In this time Chicago agencies five number position done for the rock bands in competition. So visit this site and know more.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Since this thread was created, Daniel Day-Lewis has won two more Oscars, both for performances that were better than his Gangs Of New York one. You certainly can't say that he's underrewarded now.

Anyway, I looked through the thread and was surprised to see that not one person mentioned Harvey Weinstein's shenanigans that year. His campaign to get Marty's best director Oscar that year was serious overkill and it turned many people off, which then hurt the film.

At least that time when Scorsese lost, it was to a great director.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
I consider this to be Scorsese's masterpiece. It's an epic film and should be watched by any film buff.

I thought DDL deserved an Oscar for his performance as Bill the Butcher.
And Scorsese should of won Best Director and this film should of won Best Picture but like I mentioned earlier the Academy was really wanting a musical for quite some time.
10/10
Old 05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
DiCaprio's accent disappearing and reappearing throughout the film and Cameron Diaz killed any chance of it being one of the Scorsese greats. Still IMHO DDL's best performance.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
DDL's performance in GONY was excellent, but that doesn't mean the film was also great. It was a decent film, but not best picture worthy in my opinion.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman476 View Post
BINGO!

Road to Perdition was my favorite film of 2002. But, if we're talking best films of 2002, here's my list:

1) Road to Perdition
2) The Pianist
3) Punch Drunk Love
4) Adaptation
5) Minority Report
6) Chicago
7) Solaris
8) The Bourne Identity
9) About a Boy
10) Catch Me If You Can
RTP was one of my fav's from that year as well. Was it nominated for anything? If not, I'm shocked.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I'll take Goodfellas and The Departed over Gangs of New York any day. Like I said in my first post of this thread, the movie just goes on too long and all the performances sucked, except for DDL.

And as much as DDL rocked in this movie, I'm glad he didn't win now because if he had won, he may not have won for There Will Be Blood and he was 10 times better in TWBB . . . if that's possible.