Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Todd Duffee was impressive. UFC debut and gets the fasted knockout in the organization's history. Undefeated, big heavyweight prospect. Should be interesting to see who he gets next.

They should give him a couple of more fights before he faces the big names.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
This is a great main event....7 years ago.
Nog was obliterated by Frank Mir. If that isn't evidence of being shot, I don't know what is.
Couture may be old enough to be my father, but he has aged better than Nog and should be able to keep it on the feet and outbox him.
It's usually the cards that people say shit like this about that turn out best, and 102 was no exception. That was an excellent card, and the main event was friggin outstanding. It turned out much better than the underwhelming 101, which looked better on paper. I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight81 View Post
was completely surprised by the Nog/Couture fight which I think is fight of the year so far.
It was my pick for FOTY thus far, too. Couture is definitely slowing down but I still think he could take out a good amount of 205'ers, if not heavyweights. He's always been light for that division, but that coupled with his age is making him more suited to 205 and I'm glad he's going back there now. Even at 46, I'd pick him against a lot of LHW's. Not Machida or Rua, or Rampage, but dudes like Forrest and Rashad and Thiago Silva. I'd love to see him rematch Tito, now that Ortiz is back. Or fight Rich Franklin, if Rich ever actually moves up to 205 instead of this meaningless catch-weight crap.

Speaking of which, him and Vitor on the 29th. The 195 catch-weight kinda takes some significance away from that fight, but it's still one I'm looking damn forward to and hope Belfort wins. That way we can all start yelling "VITOR'S BACK!" again, like every other time before. But maybe this time it'll be true. I think the reason people cling to Vitor and want so much to see "Old Vitor" come back is pure sentimentality, coupled with the fact that his enormous potential and natural talent is a shame to see wasted. That being said, I'm one of those people. I feel similarly about the CroCop fight with Dos Santos. As a long-time huge CroCop fan (I was one of the ones rooting for him when he fought Fedor), this fight scares the shit out of me. Junior has already proven his ability with his hands, and there's always the chance of him pulling a Randleman and knocking Mirko out. But I still have faith in CroCop, and hope to hell he puts on the kind of performance he used to. It's been a couple years since we saw the LHK of doom, I think it's time for it to come out of retirement. In any case, I'm really looking forward to that event.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Old 09-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Ha. I was pretty flubbed when I heard about Chuck being on that show, and my immediate reaction was fuck, I'm gonna have to watch it now. I've been slamming that show and its questionably-brained viewers for years, and now I have to tune in. I hope Chuck gets kicked off quick, so I can stop watching it. That being said, I'll be text voting on that crap for the first time ever in favor of him, even if he sucks. Which I'm sure he's gonna. He's a great fighter and his hands are dangerous in the right situations, but when it comes to footwork and fluidity he looks kinda clumsy fighting sometimes. I can't imagine that translating well to dancing. But I'll support the guy all the way to the end, even though I hope it comes quick. I read an interview with Rashad once where he said "no matter what, as a fight fan you gotta have love for Chuck Liddell" (that might be a paraphrase but you catch my drip) and he was right. Whether you like him or not, whether you think he's Dana's little poster-boy bitch or not, the guy has the anyone-anytime attitude and the heart of a real fighter. Whether the has the skill anymore is the point of contention, and I don't think he does. I hope he does better at dancing than he has in his last few fights. But I doubt it.

You know those douchebags who do prediction videos on YouTube and everyone wishes they'd shut up? Yeah, I'm one of those douchebags. I get like 70 views a video, I'm a fucking mega-celebrity. Anyway, rather than typing it out, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJLwohuPLw
Them's my full thoughts on 103. I reserve the right to be wrong, if I have to, but I doubt it. I rarely am.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
UFC 103 Predictions

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort
Franklin's going to get KOed. He doesn't have the skill or talent necessary to take advantage of Vitor's retard level fight IQ. The man gets dropped in just about every fight he's in. It's going to happen again and this time he won't survive.

Junior dos Santos vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
Remember when Crocop and his left foot terrorized the Pride HW division? Even assuming he was injured against Napao/Kongo like he claims, he still looked flat and slow against C-level competition in Mustafa al-Turk. Dos Santos won't out-muscle him the way the others did; I think Crocop will be able to eventually close the deal, but winning isn't enough here. He needs to fucking destroy the guy if he wants to get a shot at anything more than Justin McCullys and Antony Hardonks, and that I don't see happening. Crocop, TKO (eyepoke) R2

Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley
Daley is fun as hell to watch, but like most of the really good kickboxers, has lousy takedown defense and no ground game. Exciting for a few minutes, but Kampmann will get him down pretty quickly and end it soon after. Kampmann, submission R1

Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
A talented wrestler like Trigg will always be a dangerous opponent to anyone... except a younger, stronger, better version of himself. Pretty much the worst available matchup for his return. Koscheck, submission R2

Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca
Hey, two guys who have exciting fights but always got the distance. I predict an exciting fight that goes the distance. Griffin, decision

Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
Efrain has solid wrestling, but that should play right into Miller's game. Miller, submission R1

Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal
Both sloppy sluggers with suspect chins... could easily go either way. I'll go with the polack for the size advantage. Drwal, TKO R1

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
Good to see Vlad back. Don't know much about the other guy, but I doubt he has the wrestling to hold off a machine like Vlad on the mat. Matyushenko, decision

Jim Miller vs. Steve Lopez
Miller, TKO R1

Eliot Marshall vs. Jason Brilz
Marshall, decision

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Robert Emerson
Emerson, decision

Ricky Story vs. Brian Foster
Nik Lentz vs. Rafaello Oliveira
whatever
Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
How many members here actually train? and what is your background/stats?

I've managed to get a purple belt over the years in BJJ, and have had some boxing experience along with some muay thai training in the past.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I've been doing BJJ without a gi for around a year or so. I've also done a little bit of boxing and kickboxing.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
I've been doing BJJ without a gi for around a year or so. I've also done a little bit of boxing and kickboxing.
Eddie Bravo puts it best, gi's are bullshit. Where do you train Scott?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Forrest Griffin is replacing Mark Coleman at UFC 106.

Tito Ortiz-Forrest Griffin rematch will co-headline the event, with Brock Lesnar-Shane Carwin in the main event.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16429/forr...at-ufc-106.mma
Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Eddie Bravo puts it best, gi's are bullshit. Where do you train Scott?
LA Boxing outside Marietta. My BJJ coach is an undefeated pro fighter. The highlight for me so far is the time I got to train with Wanderlei Silva.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:15 PM
WEC 43 results:

- Benson Henderson def. Donald Cerrone via unanimous decision
- Dave Jansen def. Rich Crunkilton via unanimous decision
- Raphael Assuncao def. Yves Jabouin via split decision
- Damacio Page def. Will Campuzano via submission (rear-naked choke), 1:02 of round 1
- Anthony Njokuani def. Muhsin Corbbrey via TKO, 1:42 of round 2
- Scott Jorgensen def. Noah Thomas via TKO, 3:13 of round 1
- Mackens Semerzier def. Wagnney Fabiano via submission (triangle choke), 2:14 of round 1
- Eddie Wineland def. Manny Tapia via unanimous decision
- Charlie Valencia def. Coty Wheeler via unanimous decision
- Deividas Taurosevicius def. Javier Vazquez via split decision

Bonuses
Fight of the Night: Henderson and Cerrone ($20,000 each)
Submission of the Night: Semerzier ($10,000)
Knockout of the Night: Njokuani ($10,000)
Old 10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
http://mmahits.com/fight-video/mma-v...n-fight-video/

For those who missed the main event, there it is.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 PM
That was an absolute war. I have no idea how Henderson got out of some of Cerrone's subs. There were a couple of arm/shoulderlocks that he was in that I was absolutely grimacing during.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Man, what a fight, that was this years Torres Vs. Maeda... those submissions looked disgusting.

It was a great night of fights.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Just finished watching Cerrone Vs. Henderson and wow, what a battle.

Like everyone else, I don't know how Henderson survived those submission attempts but I still think the victory belonged to Cerrone. He won the first, fourth and fifth rounds in my opinion and was constantly looking to finish Henderson off.

And did anyone else think Jamie Varner looked scared when Henderson called him out? I really don't like Varner..

Anyways, here's the entire event for anyone who's interested:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI0Nz...html?full=true
Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Aaaand just for fun, here's some pics of Gina Carano

Hard to believe she used to look like this --

Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Me after training session with Wanderlei:
Old 10-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship bout:
Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua

Heavyweight bout:
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell

Lightweight bout:
Gleison Tibau vs. Josh Neer

Lightweight bout:
Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher

Welterweight bout:
Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Spike TV card

Light Heavyweight bout:
Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer

Heavyweight bout:
Antoni Hardonk vs. Patrick Barry

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout:
Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen

Middleweight bout:
Jorge Rivera vs. Rob Kimmons

Light Heavyweight bout:
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Razak Al-Hassan

Heavyweight bout:
Stefan Struve vs. Chase Gormley
Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
Me after training session with Wanderlei:
Did you offer him a banana? (jk)

Vanderlei and Fedor are actually the only two fighters I have any interest in meeting.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Did you offer him a banana? (jk)

Vanderlei and Fedor are actually the only two fighters I have any interest in meeting.
haha no I didn't
One of the guys that was there tried to get Wand to recreate this though:

He signed it but he wouldnt do the pose
Old 10-21-2009, 08:30 PM
If I could meet any fighter it'd probably be CroCop. Or maybe Hendo. Wanderlei does seem like a really swell guy, though. I was never a very big fan of him in the Pride days, but he's grown on me a lot since coming to the UFC. I'm not sure why that is.

Is anybody else a little scared by the upcoming Fedor / Rogers fight? That thing's got upset written all over it. Don't get me wrong, there's no way in hell I'd pick against Fedor, but this just feels like the circumstances by which he might finally fall. His first time in a new promotion, his first time in a cage, against an undefeated guy who everyone's writing off, et cetera. Fedor has become almost god-like to fans, and eventually he's gonna have to fall whether we like it or not. Not to mention this is supposed to be his big coming-out party to the American masses, and how many of those have we seen screwed up? Pretty much all of them. Shogun, CroCop (sorta), Wandy, Hendo. Maybe it's something about the expectations, or the fighting in a cage, or just the jarring difference between orgs or something, but none of these huge arrivals have panned out very well. However comma, none of them were Fedor. Bleh. I ain't saying I've lost faith in him or that I think he'll lose, I'm just saying that if ever there were a situation for an upset this is it.

Anyhoo, on to UFC 104. I got Fisher, Johnson, Neer, Velasquez, and Shogun. That's right, I said Shogun. Here's a dumbass YouTube video of me doing my dumbass predictions, if you wanna watch it:
Dumbass
I had to break it into two parts 'cuz it's twelve minutes.

I think Fisher's gonna surprise everyone. That might have something to do with the fact that I like him and can't pick against him, but I also really think he can do it. Stevenson should win, but I got a feeling on this one. I don't think Joe's gonna take him down as easily as everyone else seems to believe, and he'll be willing to stand there and trade with Fisher. That won't end well for him. I really hope I'm right on this one.

Anthony Johnson will probably win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yoshida somehow gets it to the ground and whips out a sub. Neer will beat Tibeau by sheer force of will, and pure intestinal fortitude. As for Ben Rothwell, I just don't see how he can beat Velasquez. It's possible that he might KO him, I suppose, but after watching Cain get slobberknocked by Kongo and surviving, I doubt it. Cain by D. And in the main event, I see Shogun shocking everybody and putting an end to the "Machida era" before it really gets started. People seem to have completely forgotten what he's capable of, and while Machida is certainly a big challenge I think Rua will overcome it. In any case, I expect it to be a heck of a main event.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Light Heavyweight Championship bout:
Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua

Heavyweight bout:
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell

Lightweight bout:
Gleison Tibau vs. Josh Neer

Welterweight bout:
Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Spike TV card

Light Heavyweight bout:
Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer

Heavyweight bout:
Antoni Hardonk vs. Patrick Barry
Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Machida via Decision
Rothwell via TKO
Neer via Decision
Yoshida via Submission
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
Not to mention this is supposed to be his big coming-out party to the American masses
Affliction was in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
That thing's got upset written all over it.
No it doesn't, maybe if he was fighting someone who actually had some MMA skills...
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Affliction was in the U.S.
I know that. So was Pride's Real Deal. But both weren't on CBS and didn't have a Showtime behind the scenes special backing it up. The casual fan didn't give a shit about either of those, is what I'm saying, and this CBS thing is gonna make a push to lure in the casual fan. A lot of that's gonna center around Fedor, and the average dumbass at the watercooler who says "who's that?" when you mention him will be much more aware of his existence. At least that's what Strikeforce is hoping for, anyway.

Quote:
No it doesn't, maybe if he was fighting someone who actually had some MMA skills...
It's that exact kind of comment that makes it spell upset. I think you're misinterpreting me here, I'm not saying Rogers is gonna win. Fedor has it all over him, and pretty much any other heavyweight, in just about every aspect of the game. If I were forced to bet $1000 on that fight, I'd bet it on Fedor. But it's people's absolute faith in Fedor and absolute writing off of Rogers that worries me. Did anybody give Joe Warren a chance against Kid Yamamoto? Hell no. Did anybody think there was one single thing that Serra could do to endanger GSP? Nope. Sure, in retrospect it's easy to say "well, it wasn't that surprising," but at the time it was. When I say it's got upset written all over it, I mean the same way Fedor / Zuluzinho had it as well. The upset didn't happen, and it probably won't this time, but it's the fights people scoff at and call ridiculous that sometimes shock the world. That is what worries me.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who picked Shogun. If Machida does win, he's gonna be LHW champ for a long time, as I think this is the biggest threat to him in the division right now. Rampage is another threat, but not as big. Rampage's style wouldn't be as dangerous for Machida as Shogun's is. Other than Shogun and Rampage, I really can't think of a single 205'er who I'd consider a danger for him. Except maybe Anderson Silva, if he stays up at 205.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm a huge Machida fan, but I was blown away by the decision. As much as I wanted him to win, I thought there was no way he'd get that decision. Rua is a badass, and I would love to see a rematch, but I think Machida will have his number.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunlopolnuD View Post
I'm a huge Machida fan, but I was blown away by the decision. As much as I wanted him to win, I thought there was no way he'd get that decision. Rua is a badass, and I would love to see a rematch, but I think Machida will have his number.
Yea I'm a Machida fan too and I was really bummed when Bruce Buffer said it was an unanimous decision and I knew it was gonna be Shogun but when he said Lyoto, I couldnt believe it but I'm really happy that he's still the champ. I thought it was a pretty close fight. I cant wait for the rematch, I think Lyoto will do much better next time.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought Shogun definitely won that fight.

Was anyone annoyed at how biased Joe Rogan was during the fight and post fight interviews? That kind of garbage is unnecessary.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM

Main Bouts (on CBS)

Heavyweight bout:
Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) -500 vs. Brett Rogers (10-0) +350

Middleweight Championship bout:
Jake Shields (23-4-1) -300 vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-6) +220

Light Heavyweight bout:
Gegard Mousasi (26-2-1) -500 vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (7-4) +350

Heavyweight bout:
Fabricio Werdum (12-4-1) -165 vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (13-1) +135

Preliminary Bouts:

Women's bout (145-lb):
Marloes Coenen (16-3) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (13-4)

Welterweight bout:
Mark Miller (14-5) vs. Deray Davis (5-1-1)

Welterweight bout:
Christian Uflacker (1-0) vs. Jonatas Novaes (4-2)

Middleweight bout:
Louis Taylor (4-0) vs. Nate Moore (3-0)

Bantamweight bout:
Jeff Curran (29-12-1) vs. Dustin Neace (17-13-1)

Odds from Betus
Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Fedor is gonna dominate...submission within 3 minutes.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
I love Brock Lesnar, he is far and away my favorite UFC Fighter.

Big, Strong, Fast, Villian, Asshole. I don't think he'll be beat for years to come.
You know, I think Lesnar's triade after his victory over Mir was somewhat brilliant in retrospect from a marketing standpoint.

Like I want to see every one of his fights from now on in the hope that he loses. By making himself into the closest thing the UFC has to a villian he's easily become one of the most interesting fighters in the entire league, which is even more impressive when you consider he's relatively new to the sport.

He'll probably destroy Carwin in their upcoming fight but I'll still watch it in hopes of an upset.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Carwin's only got the knockout power. Sure his fists are pretty damn big,
which explains that short arm knockout over Gonzaga. But in this fight, Brock
will take him down. He will outwrestle him. And he will overwhelm the dude. Brock
will outpower Carwin, and beat him down to the point where the ref stops it.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Did you guys see that big right hand that Fedor KO'd Rogers with? Yikes...that punch had some big time muscle behind it.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:33 AM
No shit dude. That was a nasty knockout. Big ups to Rogers, though. He really
held his own against Fedor. He's just too damn good.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Awesome knockout, Rogers wasnt much of a threat for Fedor, his only advantage was that this was Fedor's first cage fight.

Spoiler:
Old 11-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like Fedor vs. Werdum is next.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16782/stri...t-of-sense.mma
Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Fedor just doesn't care. I love the way he fights, just so fast and dangerous. He tried to kill Rogers, I honestly think he did.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Main card

Light Heavyweight bout:
Randy Couture (-120) vs. Brandon Vera (-110)

Welterweight bout:
Mike Swick (-210) vs. Dan Hardy (+165)

Middleweight bout:
Michael Bisping (+100) vs. Denis Kang (-130)

Welterweight bout:
James Wilks vs. Matt Brown

Lightweight bout:
Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

Preliminary Card

Lightweight bout:
Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty

Welterweight bout:
Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway

Welterweight bout:
Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle

Lightweight bout:
Paul Kelly vs. Dennis Siver

Light Heavyweight bout:
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman

Lightweight bout:
Andre Winner vs. Rolando Delgado

- Odds from Betus
Old 11-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Couture and Vera will go the distance and it will be a good fight
Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Fedor just doesn't care. I love the way he fights, just so fast and dangerous. He tried to kill Rogers, I honestly think he did.
I'm so tired of all the Fedor love. The dude has been ducking real competition (UFC) for years now and just recently could have signed a deal with the UFC and passed again... Because he doesn't want to put his legacy on the line. It's a shame we will never be able to see guys like Brock Lesnar destroy him with his size and power.