Old 03-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Dos Santos looked sharp.Vera.....ouch lol,that shot did sound painful. Loved watching Kongo do some "molesting".
Old 03-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Disappointed to see Gonzaga lose, dude has charisma and I just like seeing him fight, but Santos is on a fucking warpath.

The blow on Vera was disgusting, I'm surprised he didn't open him up with that, that elbow hit fucking hard.

A great night of fights overall, and now I'm really pumped for UFC 111 (is it 111?).
Old 03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, Dos Santos destroyed Gonzaga. I say they put him up against Cain Velasquez next. Winner of that match could face whoever emerges as champion in the Lesnar/Carwin/Mir triangle which should be finalized by July.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Dos Santos vs Velasquez would be EPIC. You gotta wonder if the UFC would risk throwing their two top up and comers into a match already.

Can't wait for Saturday.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't see Hardy doing much saturday night.St Peirre should have no problem beating him.
Carwin/Mir should be a blood bath.If this goes 3 rounds I'd be shocked.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Carwin is going to fuck Mir up.

Hardy doesn't have a chance.

No other fights worth mentioning.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I agree that Dos Santos/Velasquez makes a lot of sense. It is definitely the heavyweight fight I wanna see.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 AM
There are three options for Dos Santos:

Lesnar
Velasquez
Mir/Carwin winner

I think he will face the Mir/Carwin winner, while Lesnar will get Velasquez in July.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricanesR1 View Post
There are three options for Dos Santos:

Lesnar
Velasquez
Mir/Carwin winner

I think he will face the Mir/Carwin winner, while Lesnar will get Velasquez in July.
I'm pretty sure that the Mir/Carwin bout is for the interim heavyweight bout. Dana has said that the winner of that bout will unify the heavy title with Brock's in a showdown around July (hopefully).
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 PM
The winner of Carwin/Mir gets Lesnar for the unified title, unless said winner gets injured, at which point Velasquez steps in. White has said that he doesn't want to match up Cain/Cigano for the first post-unification challenger, so both likely get stay-busy fights in the meantime, with Cain slightly ahead in terms of the first shot.

I think the HW division is starting to look much better, UFC wise. In fact I'd say with the list below, its as good as its ever been:

Lesnar
Mir
Dos Santos
Cain
Carwin
Gonzaga

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 03-25-2010 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Alright here we go

UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Hardy
Saturday, March 27

PPV card:
Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy
Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin
Jon Fitch vs. Ben Saunders*
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes
Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek

Spike TV card:
-Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown

Prelims:
-Jared Hamman vs. Rodney Wallace
-Tomasz Drwal vs. Rousimar Palhares
-Ricardo Funch vs. Matt Riddle
Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Dan Hardy's gonna get spanked
Old 03-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem for GSP. Mir Vs. Carwin looks like it could go either way, but it's definitely going to be entertaining, that's more of a sure thing than GSP beating Hardy (and that's almost as sure as you can get).
Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Mir blows, always has. Carwin is a beast.

... and some people thought Mir would beat Lesnar in a rematch. Ha! Never.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo_bcsd View Post
With the shape Mir is in now,even if Brock can get back to 100%,Mir is unstoppable. If he stays healthy, he won't lose a fight in the next few years. Unless White signs Fedor.

Well shit.....
Old 03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
That was a really good fight card last night.

I had my doubts about Carwin, but they were all erased last night. My god, he just destroyed Mir. I can honestly say that it would not be an upset if Carwin beat Lesnar. He is really an animal.

GSP, my god, he is amazing. Hardy had little to no offense. Although, Hardy took a beating, and most guys would have tapped.

Ben Saunders got his ass whooped by Fitch. Fitch was like a monster in this fight.

Batman won again. He destroyed.

I thought Bocek should have got the win over Miller. Very good fight though.

Rodney Wallace is a big guy, but big guys can't fight long. Jared Hamman looked like he was going to lose early on, he took some big hits, and somehow got out of it and won.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow, Carwin surely impressed. I can't wait to see him duke it out with Lesnar in July. As for Mir, I'd like to see him perhaps get a rematch with Big Nog.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
As big as Carwin is, Brock dwarfed him last night. Unreal.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
As big as Carwin is, Brock dwarfed him last night. Unreal.
Seriously! I couldn't believe how much bigger Brock is than Carwin, I still think Shane is the better fighter though and will probably win.

Dan Hardy is a tough dude, Im really surprised he got out of those submissions.

Give Jon Fitch his rematch with GSP, if he loses, then give Paulo Thiago a shot.

Im glad Nate Diaz won his fight, Id like to see him do well in the Welterweight division.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
GSP, my god, he is amazing. Hardy had little to no offense. Although, Hardy took a beating, and most guys would have tapped.
Would have been nice to see GSP break his arm with that armbar.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 PM
As long as the layoff doesn't hurt him too much, Lesnar will destroy Carwin.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricanesR1 View Post
As long as the layoff doesn't hurt him too much, Lesnar will destroy Carwin.
I agree, and I think Cigano will destroy Cain as well. Just leaving Cigano and Lesnar.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
The Cigano/Cain fight really needs to happen, I think Dana whites idea is to hype them up a bit more and make their fan base larger by throwing them cans in the meantime.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I can't believe I just read an argument on here. We have our favorite fighters and we have our opinions. Let's try to show some respect and keep it classy. Don't wanna pull a Frank Mir
Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm so ready for Wednesday night. And for some reason I hope fat ass Nelson gets pounded. Think the only reason to watch this season of TUF is obviously Tito and Chuck. Should be more shit talking than last seasons coaches.

I know it's going to be a while,but 114 is going to rock! Evans/Rashad and we get to see what Griffin will do next if anything.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fanatic View Post
The Cigano/Cain fight really needs to happen, I think Dana whites idea is to hype them up a bit more and make their fan base larger by throwing them cans in the meantime.
Who else is there other than having Dos Santos fight the people Cain has beaten, and having Cain fight the people Dos Santos has beaten?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeadWalk View Post
Who else is there other than having Dos Santos fight the people Cain has beaten, and having Cain fight the people Dos Santos has beaten?
No one really, unless they're going to sign new talent, or have them fight other psuedo-contenders like the Nelson/Struve winner, which runs counter to them not wanting to go with Cain/Cigano in the first place.

What's worse is that they want Cain to sit on the shelf until his title shot later this year, when he's still developing fight to fight and needs the cage time to further improve his game.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see Dos Santos fight Mir. Have the winner face the Carwin/Lesner winner. I don't see Nelson going anywhere close to a title shot unless he's a last minute fill in (that would be a very long shot).
Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo_bcsd View Post
I'd like to see Dos Santos fight Mir. Have the winner face the Carwin/Lesner winner. I don't see Nelson going anywhere close to a title shot unless he's a last minute fill in (that would be a very long shot).
Yeah, I see Nelson getting destroyed by any of the elite talents. However, just like with watching the Ultimate Fighter, he may just shock us with an upset or two. I say that if he wins this next match, they should put Nelson up against Cro Cop. That should be his first real "Do I belong in the UFC?" test.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeadWalk View Post
Yeah, I see Nelson getting destroyed by any of the elite talents. However, just like with watching the Ultimate Fighter, he may just shock us with an upset or two. I say that if he wins this next match, they should put Nelson up against Cro Cop. That should be his first real "Do I belong in the UFC?" test.
Cro Cop would be a good test for Nelson. Nogueira would be a good one aswell.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree... While Cro Cop isn't at the top of his game now, he's still a very dangerous opponent. Nelson would get junked by Cro Cop, IMO.

I think Velasquez has been far more impressive than Mir, and hasn't he already beaten Carwin? Throw Velasquez up against 95% of the heavyweight division and he's gonna come out on top.

I don't think Lesnar is half as talented as he is big, if he weren't so fucking massive, he would have only won against Heath Herring.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think Cain's next fight should be Mir. Cain knocked out Noguiera, Mir knocked out Noguiera, it makes sense.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
I agree... While Cro Cop isn't at the top of his game now, he's still a very dangerous opponent. Nelson would get junked by Cro Cop, IMO.
He hasn't been at the top of his game mentally ever since Gonzaga folded him up like a tent with that KO/head kick.

Quote:
I think Velasquez has been far more impressive than Mir, and hasn't he already beaten Carwin? Throw Velasquez up against 95% of the heavyweight division and he's gonna come out on top.
Nobody has beaten Carwin, as of now he is holding a strong impressive record at 12-0(none of his fights going past the first round). At this point it's hard to tell really how impressive Carwin is as an all around fighter. We haven't seen much other than his brutal KO power.

Quote:
I don't think Lesnar is half as talented as he is big, if he weren't so fucking massive, he would have only won against Heath Herring.
I agree.

2:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5Hq6ofM8M

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 03-29-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Great fights last night!

My heart really goes out to Kenny Florian. He is good enough to beat ANYBODY at 155 except for BJ Penn.

Roy Nelson crushed another opponent with that Liddell-esque overhand right. As I said before, he needs a tough test. I think it's too soon for big Nog, but another suggestion made by Yahoo! Sports was that Nelson should challenge fast-rising Todd Dunfee.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Nelson winning that easily was a little bit of a shock to me. I know all about his jujitsu and Shaolin Kung Fu. I'm just not convinced he can hang with the guys on the top of the weight class. I chuckled when he said he should be a title contender after that fight.

Last edited by Mongo; 04-01-2010 at 11:57 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Did I miss it or did they not introduce Jake Shields as a coach? I'm not surpirised if they didn't because of him being a Strikeforce guy but damn.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll have to rewatch it to find out.

Just so everybody knows, the UFC Fight this weekend airs live at 1:00 pm EST. It's in the United Arab Emirates, so there's a bit of a time difference. You can still watch it at 10:00 pm EST, but it won't be live and you could risk having the show spoiled.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Very happy with the Penn fight.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
What a terrible PPV. The Grove-Munoz fight was good, everything else was blah. Penn-Edgar had its moments, but should have been better.

Even Dana White was not happy with the event, mainly the main event, where he left in round 4 because of nothing happening.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Worst dual main events I've ever seen. The Penn/Edgar fight was probably one of the worst fights I've ever seen... until the Silva/Maia fight. GUH! Such a great under card, destroyed by the biggest letdown title fights in ages. Had Penn won the decision, I would boycott the UFC forever. Penn did NOTHING, but toss a jab every 25 seconds, and defend most takedown attempts. The Silva fight... don't get me started on that circus. Dude was being a fucking clown, to the point of disgracing the sport.

THIS is why I haven't paid for a PPV since UFC 10. Kinda wish I had my 1.2gb and 2hrs back.

You truly get what you paid for.